What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S19 - Race 4 - Sepang

A really cool event. Not properly good from the qualify (punted on warming lap) but I was able to have a good position at start (I'm inhable on single or qualify lap). I started with some fear...I saw a lot of (good and sportive) aggression in front and behind me but I was able to sustain that with a little cold blood. What happened in first laps was good for me...lead some lap and then I saw Erhan that was brutally faster than me. To fight too early was stupid and I let him pass...he was absolutely faster than me. Until the first code80 I had the lead but it was obviously something temporary. I knew that. Something gone wrong with Erhan and I regain the lead in 370s after the pit. But I was sure that he was able to pass me again and he did it in style. Really nice pace from him, nice setup and the right aggression. Gratz mate. In the last quarter of the race I think I was able to be faster than him but he was really far so I decided to take a smarter and cooler pace to finish the race. I'm so happy of this 2nd place. And more happy for Michael's first place in GTR. He deserved that. I know him from 2014 and what I saw in this years was only bad luck for him. Today he showed his immense potential. Congratulations for all the guys.

Thank you so much to Florian, to every admin, thank you Simracing.club. Thank you so much for this opportunity, for this chance to understand what I'm really am on these cars. Thank you for let me give everything after 4 years wasted racing versus people that weren't able to stay on road. Thank you all.

Hmm, at least now I know, that there is a real problem with rf2, my system or something completely different.

I got nearly the same problemes with triple screen as with the rift.
My frames where between 101 and 16x, more than enough. But after a few laps in the race I got the same(or similar) stottering frames, while the fps counter(the strg+f) still does not drop below 100.
I knewed, that I would come late to training, so I started everything in a free minute. And the game ran perfectly smooth... Till. yay...
Don't think that it is a temp problem. Not after running fine for more than 1,5h. Seems to start randomly :/

Next thing I try is limiting the frames to 60, just to keep away some load from the gpu..

Gnarf, it's frustrating. I never had real problems with rF2... Just, that one Le Mans track which always gave me blackscreens on my old GTX980
But this now... First: I can't drive with such stuttering frames. Second: If I can't drive because the screen stutters in the wrong moment, I am a danger for everyone else.

As I said. Just frustrating...

@Kim Strohmann
Paul Jeffrey, when he was in our team, had similar problem when game started to stutter and FPSs dropped after some time (an hour, if I remember well). He changed PC after couple of months but problem didn t disappear until he realised it is caused by his USB connected button box. When he removed it also stuttering and FPS lose stopped.
So, it could be also hardware related.

Hmm, at least now I know, that there is a real problem with rf2, my system or something completely different.

I got nearly the same problemes with triple screen as with the rift.
My frames where between 101 and 16x, more than enough. But after a few laps in the race I got the same(or similar) stottering frames, while the fps counter(the strg+f) still does not drop below 100.
I knewed, that I would come late to training, so I started everything in a free minute. And the game ran perfectly smooth... Till. yay...
Don't think that it is a temp problem. Not after running fine for more than 1,5h. Seems to start randomly :/

Next thing I try is limiting the frames to 60, just to keep away some load from the gpu..

Gnarf, it's frustrating. I never had real problems with rF2... Just, that one Le Mans track which always gave me blackscreens on my old GTX980
But this now... First: I can't drive with such stuttering frames. Second: If I can't drive because the screen stutters in the wrong moment, I am a danger for everyone else.

As I said. Just frustrating...

Have you tried formatting your sistem? Sometimes doing a complete Reset to your sistem is what is needed.

Well, I use two button boxes, indeed.
It's worth the try. I already get rid of all usb-hubs, every device is directly connected, but I will try this one for sure.

Formating the system is really the last thing i would want to do, because it is(or shoudl be) a complete fresh installation with the change to the m.2 ssd as my system drive ~3 month ago.
But who knows, it's on the list.

Buuuuut something different. I dont' just want to "suffer" from my problems, as I still need to thank the admins for the academy!
After all, I really enjoyed racing(at least in Silverstone) here.
So I won't give up that fast. I just love multiclass endurance racing to much. :)

Very very happy for my race yesterday, it was so awesome. Qualify session was difficult at the beginning, but in the last lap (like in Nola) the track was definitely rubberized and I've found the lap that I've done in training session, very nice and happy for having taken pole position another time, one week later. The race wasn't too much challenging, in the first two laps I had to watch behind me from Pim van Ark incursions, then he had to discount his penalty and from then on I just had to administer the race. Honestly first 8-9 laps were a little bit scary for me 'cause I had some problems managing the tires and daring too much, then I found my race step driving 1-1.5 seconds higher than my standard and I've finished the race easily, taking advantage of second code 80 to do my pit. I'm sure that if Pim hadn't had the penalty whe would made a good fight.
Thanks to all for this experience, to Florian and all the admin, I love the way that you manage this portal. Thanks also to Andrea Corsetti and Gabriele De Angelis which are my close friends, and also Daniele Brambilla.
Best regardings
See you soon on track