What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S19 - Race 3 - NOLA

I was trying to look after tyres in the GTR but with about 12 laps to go I pitted and came out into some really good racing so that strategy went out of the window and had some good clean racing at the end but done about 80% tyre wear in 10 laps

Really disapointed with my pace in Quali but it ended up becoming an okay race, well, better than the 2 before, significantly annoyed at jumping the start and getting a drivethru but that was my fault... One of the code 80's I slowed the car down to 80 then stepped on it, forgetting the pit limit, I though I hit it, clearly not, I sped to about 94 before hitting the brakes, I tried to slow down to around 60 in pursuilt of fairness though, hope I can avoid that penalty. Pitted at the 2nd code 80 which had me 25 seconds behind Varro, I, incorrectly, changed tyres so Gil and San caught up, but they were very slow so I just drove away.

The middle of the race was keeping the gap to the cars ahead, which I managed to do so I was able to pass him. Jansan doubled pitted which put him significantly behind me, when he really should have been ahead, I gained 6 positions and I feel like it could have been more I didn't jump the start to the formation lap. Sigh...

Fun race from start to finish.

In the first stint, it was difficult for me to take the group in the lead, but the laps went by and I slowly cut their time. I got to @Antonio Jose , who slowed me down considerably watching @Amancio Paquez Labella escape .

It's time to pit stop and ... a disaster :rolleyes:

Resigned by the error in the pit lane I try to catch up with those in front, but I do not have enough pace to do. From behind they came very fast and I could do little to defend myself with the worn tires.
The last laps were very tense, without tires just trying to defend myself from the attacks of @Simon Marshall .

I apologize to @Kacper Michalak I went long on braking and I threw him off the track.

See you next!

It's always annoying when slower class cars are changing their driving when they see faster class car approaching. Then we don't always know what is going to happen. It's much easier for GT1 drivers to just take a very tight exit and overtake safely after that. But if a GT4 driver does that in front of GT1 car in order to leave the racing line for GT1 or something, unnecessary accidents might happen.

I was looking at the standings after nola and i saw i didn't get points.
Whats the reason for this, i don't get it, people after me get points.

I'd like to argue that I slowed down just after speeding at the beginning of the first code 80. I misclicked my pit limitor and sped, then I slowed down to 60 so I don't think I deserve the penalty

In the briefing I said: For the code 80 you have to be at 80 when I start saying "code 80 enforced", no excuses

I was wasn't I, I sped just after when re stepping on it to stay at 80
Speeding is speeding. I doubt the police would wave your speeding ticket if you said: "I slowed down to under the speed limit just after"

Blane, the only way i can describe it is like the police would here, So we have what we call "Average speed camera's" measures your speed between point a and point b, now thats all well and good, however, the SRCA rule isn't average speed, from what i can see and the way the decision has been made, is if you step over the limit of 80 that rule has been broken regardless as to if you slowed excessively afterwards, its unfortunate whats happened, but, i see where and why the decision has been made, best thing to do is take it on the chin and come back stronger in the next race :)

@Steven Hill I am annoyed because I slowed down to 75 just before but I didn't click the Pit limiter and then sped to 87 ish, I lost the time, I'm annoyed as there was no advanage gained and it was a stuipd mistake that was cause to something that was not ill intent.

i know dude i know, its just one of those racing things, you'll come back better and stronger from it, don't dwell on it, use it as something to learn from, and to build from and gain strength from :)

Well the rules are the same for everyone else, you're not being singled out for this. We all make mistakes and, like Steven said, you should just move on. In the end it's not that big of a deal.