What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S19 - Race 2 - Indianapolis

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

indy-start.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
53 - Balazs Varro overtakes Ruben Escriba and does not return the position. Drive Through to Balazs Varro.
254 - Amancio Paquez drives back onto the racing line when Balazs Varro is there. Amancio is at fault but already punished enough by his crash since Balazs gets away without damage. No further action.
280 - Gui Pereira divebombs two cars, can't keep his line and ends up causing big contact. 30 sec stop and hold to Gui Pereira.

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
3472 - Xavier Pair
4740 - Pim van Ark

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
1423 - Simone Iennaco pits under code 80 and does not slot in behind traffic when he leaves pits. Simone should have backed off and merged back onto the racing line behind the traffic. Drive Through to Simone.
2019 - Michal Galka hits Nicholas da Silva during the code 80 in a slow turn. Drive Through to Michal.
2725 - 2 370z and one GTR go 3 wide in the banking. This one is hard to judge which is why I'll go over it in detail. Simon Marshall on the outside is not at fault, he did everything right and was caught in the mess. Nicholas da Silva comes down on Blane Heerey and causes initial contact. He definitely should have left more room. But Blane Heerey goes for a risky overtake. The 370z is just barely hanging on in that turn. Being the faster class is all about taking low risk and this was a much higher risk than it seems at first. However the cause of the accident is still Nicholas coming down. There was more room. If he stays closer to the 370z on the outside he can't be accused of doing anything wrong. But when there is room he has to use it. The penalty will be reduced because Blane could have avoided the incident aswell. Drive Through to Nicholas da Silva.
3120 - Mehmet Ugur first turns in on a GTR and causes contact and then proceeds to bump a 370z on the oval for no reason causing a big crash. 60 sec stop and hold to Mehmet Ugur.

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 1375.2
Michael Vigolo speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - 60sec stop and hold
Ben Boorman speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Mehmet Ugur speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 2020.2
Thomas Pinoteaux speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Ruben Escriba speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Mehmet Ugur speeding at the beginning of the code 80 and almost crashing someone - 30 sec stop and hold
Ferris Stanley speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

3rd code 80 at 2780.2
Mehmet Ugur hitting someone during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through
Paul Holt overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through
Ferris Stanley speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Penalties taken over from Silverstone
Fabian Rudde - Drive Through
Mahtys Lepetit - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Fabian Rudde - Drive Through
Mahtys Lepetit - Drive Through
Balazs Varro - Drive Through
Gui Pereira - 30 sec stop and hold
Xavier Pair - Drive Through
Pim van Ark - Drive Through
Simone Iennaco - Drive Through
Michal Galka - Drive Through
Nicholas da Silva - Drive Through
Mehmet Ugur - 60 sec stop and hold + 60 sec stop and hold
Michael Vigolo - 60sec stop and hold
Ben Boorman - Drive Through
Thomas Pinoteaux - Drive Through
Ruben Escriba - Drive Through
Ferris Stanley - 30 sec stop and hold
Paul Holt - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, maybe I'm stuipd, can some clarify when the race ends, as I'm a tad confused, Is it when you finsh the lap after 0:00:00 is announced in game chat?

Thanks in Advanced!

nope, when the leader finishes the lap after the time has run out
and only after that you can see the checkered flag.

So if the time runs out and you cross the line before the leader you are still racing. I think you went into the pits before the race was finished

I cant race this race due too others things i have too do this evening so a reserve can prove how good he/she is

Florian, I might make it back home in time however this race will be tight on time, been summoned at work by my area manager (I’m a store manager) so I might be back time but there is a chance I will miss this race, however I will definitely be on the grid for the remainder of the season it is literally just a chance I might miss this one race thought I’d let you know

@Ben Boorman , that s Florian s "working" area, so you have to wait till he will come online, but you can go on the track and practice just in case.

@Matej Lakota Hello "19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there"

Simon Marshall asked me to inform you that he will arrive a few minutes late.

Thanks!!!

Apologies for missing the race. My rift crashed in warmup and I had to try and restart the computer to get it going again. Didn't manage to do so before the race start. Sad because I had a good quali time. Onto the next one.