What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S17 - Race 4 - Sepang

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

sepang.png

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
-

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
659 - Vasco lemos

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
@945 Quali The replay is inconclusive. But it seems like David Santos tried to avoid a collision at all costs, no further action
@775 Burak Sadikoglu overtakes into Turn 9. There is contact but Burak was always in control and hugged the inside line. No further action.
@817 Burak Sadikoglu overtakes into Turn 15. Again he hugs the inside line and it's the 370z that turns in too early and causes contact. No further action
@1485 Michael Kallenbach goes for a late move to lap a 370z. As a consequence he ends up forcing his way through a careful GTR in the same corner including contact between those two. I don't think that inside pass was really intended so a good safe. Nevertheless overaggressive driving and a Drive Through to Michael Kallenbach.
@4674 Ezio Gazzola defends the inside line into turn 3 but then outbrakes himself and slides into Alvaro Baker. Overtaking on the outside is always dangerouse and Alvaro Baker was optimistic to go for a line through the corner that would leave only one car length for Ezio. However Ezio turns in way too late. This is considered an illegal blocking manouver. Drive Through to Ezio Gazzola
@4697 Ezio Gazzola slides in front of Alvaro Baker while trying to correct a slide. At the point he was sliding in front of Alvaro he was not fully in control of the car. Therefor the blocking was most likely not on purpose. No further action.
I recommend to leave more space on the outside if you encounter a car that is clearly out of control. In that case it would have been an easy overtake if Alvaro went to the other side of the track as soon as he saw Ezio's slide.
@5723 no incident found

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 3595.2
Fran Rodriguez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Daniel Cuervo speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 3915.2
- yaay ;)

Final summary of penalties
- Vasco Lemos - Drive Through
- Michael Kallenbach - Drive Through
- Ezio Gazzola - Drive Through
- Fran Rodriguez - Drive Through
- Daniel Cuervo - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have my new wheel. Is there an opening for me to participate in the final round of this season's SRCA race?
Ty

why not, I like when people want to race even though they can't get their license.

car#19 for you

Sorry for the problem with old pc (for the new season i will ok ) as I will not be able to race

Morning folks,

SRC has granted me permission to spectate the server tonight to do some broadcasting testing, we thought that making the stream public wouldn't hurt anybody although the stream is mainly for testing the broadcast machine in race conditions.

Expect some downtime and some not matching info on screen. Probably also a quick run on the VEC practice server to test switching from broadcaster to driver and back to broadcaster. There will be no live comments (or very little). If anyone happens to be around please watch it a couple a minutes and leave feedback on the youtube live chat. Thanks for your understanding!

Now, team's scouting staff! Here's the gold xD:

Hey
Due to som problem with the older family leaving this world, im not scour if i make it. how late can i join the server? i need to clear this race to get licens

Hey,
I'll be a little late tonight, but I'll will be on time for whispertest. And today, Oculus will work properly :D

I deserve a license even if i manage to finish tonight, I actually hate this track and it never had a good record for me no matter what the race is :(:D
Also be streaming the race for whatever reason:

Made it home at 20 55, to find the computer has restartet while i was away. and then Oculus and Steam would not cooperate and dit not have time to fix anything :Cry: :crying:

I'm sorry, i don't know what happened to my network connection but the rfactor send me to the launcher every time i tried to enjoy the race... I will try to solve the problem. Sorry again.

Another one to forget, I'm afraid. Was bumped hard, and needed to pit early for 100 seconds of repair. Drove well after that, but went off track, and the engine stopped. That has never happened to me before. Pressed every key on my keyboard (turns out single quote is starter), and engine did not start.

Still had fun learning this track, and driving the GTR.

wow that was a challenge,

I was realy looking forward to this race as i verry much like Sepang but it was a tough one this race,

started during qualy,.. first 4 attempts all failed either due to bad luck or mistakes from my side then i finely got a decent lap in but took it save so i knew i could do a bit better however on that final attempt i went a little bit to far and messed up both @Pieter-Jan Claeysens and my own laps :( again sorry for that mate i feel that one was my bad.

As for the race the first stint wasnt great,.. i seemed to have decent speed but i realy struggled with the car for some reason and the first time round through the traffic proved to be difficult,.. still after the pit stops it went much better for and finishing 2nd is a fantastic result for me. Gratz to @Michael Kallenbach he was for sure faster and deserved the win.

Also a huge thanks to the orginizers of the SRCA for their work.

Good race tonight. Had a good fight with Michael Wilson, great fun after the pit.

Thx to the race directors for one more well organized race.

Pfew, glad that one is over. I really don't like Sepang :).

It was a race to forget. Miscalculated and overfueled 7 laps of fuel, failed to stop in pitarea (needed to reverse), too many small mistakes. All these things couldn't keep me in some sort of rhythm. I am glad that I had no incidents (as far as I know, hopefully IRR doesn't prove me wrong) and could drive clean.

All in all, I really enjoyed this SRCA season. I hope that I can get the license and find a team in VLMS or VEC.

Thanks to the organisation for the great season!