What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S17 - Race 3 - NOLA GP

i had a fairly clean race i was extra respectful and tried to get the slower class on corner exits instead of diving
but whats the point if a guy memes all the traffic diving everywhere and ends up catching you anyway. i avoided all divings on the fast S corner as it was a hard one but some people dont care.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fight I had! Not in the race, but before entering the game. For some reason, my Oculus Rift decided to make an error, something like "Your Oculus Software may be updating, please wait a minute and try again." Bla bla bla ... ". I could not solve it in time. I was late for the server, and I had to play on a 24-inch monitor. It's very different from VR, and I am not used without it. I made a lot of mistakes on the track, I hope I did not cause problems for anyone.
Regards.

I really had a great time, this race. Starting P22 (P7 in class) after a not so good qualy. Got blocked off by a slower car on his outlap (I guess).

But hey, starting in the bunch, it was very nice in the middle of the bunch. After finding my rhythm and some mistakes by my opponents, I took P4 in the class. In the last 20 minutes, I got @Johan Cuadrado Sanchez in my sights as I lapped a bit quicker. It promised to be a very exciting last few laps, but he collided with a GTR car on the exit of the S corner. Too bad the 'fight' had to end like that. All in all, I was very pleased with my performance. Putting in consistent lap times while having no incidents or touches, it really was a good race.

As @Florian Koetz stated on TS, some GTR cars were quite aggressive while overtaking. In some corners it was very hard to make way for the faster cars (S-turn, last chicane before pit entry).

The only thing that scares me is the fact that after the finish, I did a cooldown lap, went into the pits, retired to pit box and see that I was P26?! I quickly checked the timing page on the website and there as well, you can see that the last 10 laps, I'm in P16 but somehow finished P26. Is this a known bug?

Thanks to everyone and the great organisation for the race!

Good qualify for my standard. Good start on race. Took my penalty and got on my way. Tried my best not to dive or annoy slower cars, but now that I have tried them, I can really se that it takes effort not to dive in a corner, especially when you are in race fights with other cars. Think i unfortunately hit a slower car when speeding up after a corner. Really sry about that. Luckely looks like only I spun around, but still I am sry for that. Otherwise really fun race and I had some really good fighting the last 2 or 3 laps, but lost out to really good defensive driving. See you next race.

Results and replays posted, im sorry about the delay.

I'm sorry if I'm moaning, but I should be in P16 instead of P26. I think Michael Wilson can confirm this that I've finished in front of him, but when I got back to the pits, I suddenly was P26. And I'm sure I didn't pit too early, as I drove to the finish line until I saw the finish flag on the HUD.

Is this a known issue or did I do something wrong?

hm I don't think we ever had a real issue with the results and it's hard to tell what happened.

As far as I remember I saw you in P13 in class about 10min before the end and that should have been P26

hm I don't think we ever had a real issue with the results and it's hard to tell what happened.

As far as I remember I saw you in P13 in class about 10min before the end and that should have been P26

If it doesn't matter towards the decision for my license, it's not that important. But In the live timing screen, you can see that I'm P16 (overall) throughout the last 14 laps. But if I compare with Michael Wilson, I see that he drove a lap longer (50) while I supposedly only managed 49.

But again, if it won't affect the decision for a possible license, I wont dig further and moan about :)

Where you finish in the race (except you are so slow that you finish 17 laps behind the last one ;) ) has zero effect to drivers licence.

But it is really strange. If you go here Live Racers and press +left of your name, you can see that you are really at 16th position in last 10+ laps, but you finished only 49 laps (compared to 50 finished by Michael Wilson at 16th place).

@Matej Lakota Okay, thanks! I may check this weekend how it possibly happened, just to prevent such stuff in the future.
Are you sure you didnt do what I did when I first played rF2 and assumed that the race was over when the time hit zero and I crossed the line?

I ran out of fuel in the VSGT at Suzuka because of that. So thats how I learned that the leader needs to cross the line at 0 and then you can finish your race!

I checked violations for R03 (disaster, 25 pit enter line cuts all together) and also looked how and when did you cross finish line. It was really strange situation @Pieter-Jan Claeysens , because you dropped from 16th to 23rd immediately after it. But it is also clear that you did only 49 laps in the race (50th on the screenshot started after checkered flag, before finish line it is seen because I returned car back in replay). But you can check also yourself.

grab006.jpg

grab007.jpg

Maybe some of those who cut the pit entry line (you will find out who it is once I do the penalty post) would have the decency to tell me how that can happen?

It's in the rules, it is said before every race and in Nola I ALWAYS warn about the pit entry line. I even told you to practice it. Do you think I have too much time before the race so I want to have a chat with you? There is a reason why we do the whisper test and there is a reason why you should ALWAYS listen. Eventhough it is so obvious what I say, right? For 16 people, almost half of the grid, it was so obvious that they chose not to listen.

Even though this SRCA is so annoying to you and such a waste of time, apparently, that you don't feel like preparing for it, we take this seriously. I can assure you that every single cut will count towards your license.

And I'm not annoyed that you make mistakes. I'm annoyed that we spend our time organizing SRCA for people that just choose to ignore us. We do this to give VEC and VLMS drivers that know what a code 80 is and how pit blend lines work and 50% of the drivers we get don't even care to read the rules or listen to the whisper test.

I'm sorry if I'm moaning, but I should be in P16 instead of P26. I think Michael Wilson can confirm this that I've finished in front of him, but when I got back to the pits, I suddenly was P26. And I'm sure I didn't pit too early, as I drove to the finish line until I saw the finish flag on the HUD.

Is this a known issue or did I do something wrong?
<Penalty et="5554.0">Pieter-Jan Claeysens finished before serving penalty, subtracted 1 lap and adjusted totalET because lapped vehicle within 35 seconds was detected</Penalty>
You failed to serve a penalty before the race was over.

That makes sense! I was totally unaware of this, though. I am sorry for bothering you guys with something that appears to be my own fault.

EDIT: I checked the results XML file and reviewed the replays. @Florian Koetz @Jimmi Allison

XML:
<Stream>
<Penalty et="1.0">Pieter-Jan Claeysens received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for "Exiting Pits Under Red". Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,10s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="1.2">Ezio  Gazzola received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for "Exiting Pits Under Red". Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,10s</Penalty>

This is the only occurence I found that stated that I received a penalty, so I guess it is a bug? As we don't get to exit the pits in the beginning of the race, but we immediately go to the grid.

I also checked the Q replay but there I went out as one of the last cars, so I didn't exit the pits under red for certain.

Last edited: