What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S17 - Race 3 - NOLA GP

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

nola.png

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
-

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
319 - Danny Kiiro
340 - Francesco Morante
413 - Michael Kallenbach
414 - Adrian Blasco
459 - Miguel Sanchez
465 - Fran Rodriguez
501 - Amancio Paquez
510 - Claus Krogsgaard
1213 - Juan Carlos Garcia
1302 - Dan Svoboda
1496 - Dan Svoboda
1515 - Fran Rodriguez
2054 - Claus Krogsgaard
2658 - Danny Kiiro
2687 - Fran Rodriguez
2777 - Luca D'Amelio
2778 - Johan Cuadrado Sanchez
3180 - Vasco Lemos
3192 - Jesper Krogh
3394 - Claus Krogsgaard
3409 - Francesco Morante
3757 - Daniel Cuervo
3875 - Burak Sadikoglu
4129 - Adrian Blasco
4965 - Burak Sadikoglu

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
@Quali 488 - Ignacio Hortal and Dan Svoboda have contact before the final turn. The report said that Dan had much more room on the outside and could have used that. I disagree. The track limit clearly indicates that Dan was at the edge of the track. While it is tolerated to leave the track in this corner it is not mandatory. The faster class always has to overtake safely, even in the qualification. You cannot expect the slower class to move out of the way and even leave the track for you. Drive Through to Ignacio Hortal.
@346 Robbie Bouchoms loses control of his car and crashes into Burak Sadikoglu. Drive Through to Robbie Bouchoms.
@845 and 1168 - In the first situation David Santos shows disrespect towards a slower class and simply pushes him out of the way and takes the apex. In the second situation he completely cuts of a slower class, almost causing a crash. 30 sec stop and hold to David Santos
@1021 Morten Faarup and Nico De Koninck in the GTR overtakes Morten Faarup in the 370z. This is not really a divebomb since Nico is far enough up on Morten at the point of turn in. Nico could have hugged the inside a bit more, Morten could have left a bit more room. The slower class sometimes has to give up an apex, especially when a pack of faster cars tries to get past. No further action.
@2905 Jesper Krogh and Pablo Suarez fight for position. Pablo tries to drive side by side with Jesper where there is really no room for that. But Jesper doesn't follow a natural line but rather tries to close the door while Pablo's splitter is already beside him. No further action
@2957 Jesper Krogh and Francesco Morante fight for position when Jesper pushes Francesco towards the outside of the track until Francesco loses control and bumps into Jesper. I don't know what Jesper is trying to achieve here but that's not how you fight for position. Warning for aggressive driving to Jesper.
@4114 Danny Kiiro in the GTR comes from too far back and has slight contact with Morten Faarup when lapping. This would have been no further action or maybe only a drive through because the contact was minor, it only cost Danny and this happens in an endurance race aswell. But Danny flashes his lights afterwards which clearly indicates that he does not understand what his responsibility is when lapping a car. We have to make sure that both classes understand their responsibilities which is why a harsher penalty is given. 30 sec stop and hold to Danny Kiiro.
@4376 Mark Hutchinson misses his braking point and tries to avoid Jesper Krogh on the inside of the turn. Drive Through to Mark. Jesper, you have to check your mirrors. Your reports make it seem like you just prefer to produce contact with someone that is slightly mispositioned. Even when it's not your fault you have to avoid contact at all cost. Just turn in later and let Mark slide through on the inside.
@4973 Rob Timpen in the GTR tries to lap Jesper Krogh. This is aggressive and borderline but Rob is side by side with Jesper at the point of turn in. No further action. Again, Jesper, this will happen to you in VEC and VLMS aswell. You will have to learn to give up your apex once in a while. It's not nice, I know how it is but that's what you have to do to avoid contact.
@5347 David Santos in the GTR tries to position himself at the outside of Jesper Krogh to lap him on the inside into the next corner. Jesper slips wide which causes contact. Now this if finally too much, Jesper, your racing line would have carried you all the way to the outside of the track with no room for a GTR to overtake you into the next corner. You cannot insist on your racing line every time. You have to work with the GTRs and sometimes that means offering a little more room on the inside for them to overtake. You only have to delay your acceleration a little bit which costs you 2 or 3 tenths. Together with all of Jesper's incidents before it's a 30 sec stop and hold to Jesper Krogh. In multiclass racing you have to learn to alternate your racing line to fit the traffic around you. This is important.

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 2740.2
Alvaro Baker speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Fran Rodriguez speeding when exiting the pits under code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 3380.2
Alvaro Baker speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Adrian Blasco overtaking during the code 80 countdown - Drive Through
Pieter-Jan Claeysens overtaking during the code 80 countdown - No further action, the car he was overtaking was too slow.

3rd code 80 at 3920.2
Fran Rodriguez speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Amancio Paquez overtaking during the code 80 countdown - Drive Through

Penalties carried over from last Round
Luca Desi - 60 sec stop and hold +Drive Through + probation.

Final summary of penalties
Luca Desi - 60 sec stop and hold +Drive Through + probation.
Danny Kiiro - 60 sec stop and hold + Drive Through
Francesco Morante - 30 sec stop and hold
Michael Kallenbach - Drive Through
Adrian Blasco - 60 sec stop and hold
Miguel Sanchez - Drive Through
Fran Rodriguez - 60 sec stop and hold + 30 sec stop and hold
Amancio Paquez - 30 sec stop and hold
Claus Krogsgaard - 60 sec stop and hold
Juan Carlos Garcia - Drive Through
Dan Svoboda - 30 sec stop and hold
Luca D'Amelio - Drive Through
Johan Cuadrado Sanchez - Drive Through
Vasco Lemos - Drive Through
Jesper Krogh - 60 sec stop and hold
Daniel Cuervo - Drive Through
Burak Sadikoglu - 30 sec stop and hold
Alvaro Baker - 30 sec stop and hold
Robbie Bouchom - Drive Through
Ignacio Hortal - Drive Through
David Santos - 30 sec stop and hold
Mark Hutchinson - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Is there any chance I could race here? I signed up 2 days ago with the website, so im not sure i'm allowed.

Thanks,

no, you have to sign up when the sign ups are open for a new SRCA season.

This will be 17th of March, 8pm CET

Sorry for the inconvenience but as I will not be able to race this week either I have decided to give up my place for this season. Have fun racing anyway and hopefully I´ll be back for next season!

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the pit entry line. Which one is the real one? :)

In practice, I got no penalties for speeding after any of these three lines (see spoiler for image)

d5ALA7t.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I can't remember to be honest but something tells me it's behind the next bend.

You can usually check this by either listening for a sound or checking your hud.

Usually when you cross the pit speed limiter line there is a horn sounds that tells you that you entered it.

If you can't hear that, some huds actually show that you are in pit lane or that you enter pitlane and if all of that doesn't work you should enter pitlane without requesting a pitstop and having your LCD mode (the rf2 build in hud) on any page except for the pit settings page. It should automatically switch to the pit settings page as soon as you cross the speed limit line.
At least that's how I always figure out where the pit lane starts.

Hey guys, im probably gonna have to miss this race.... i have a conference on wednesday that will end around 7 or 8pm . If it does end by 7 pm i could still try to make it home , though i wouldn´t be here for whisper test, and probably just arrive mid-qualify. In this situation, and if its ok, i prefer to give my spot in this race to someone else and avoid all the stress related to trying to get home and to the race on time. I apologise, but i hope you can understand. I'll be here for the last race if i dont have any more surprises.

Have a good one guys.

For the people who are asking themselves which pit entry line is used, the answer is the last one before the corner. Thanks to @Florian Koetz for pointing me to the right direction :)

cATmwiS.png

Hey,
I may will be a little late again today, and I bet next week too, but I'll be on time for whispertest surelly.
Sorry, but everyday I have traffic problem to go back home after work...

Have problem with my Oculus rift, cant connect as it is... trying hard to make it work.. but if i quit before start you know why

It is W10 related as I heard somewhere.

"U guys having problems with oculus: turn windows clock back by couple days and restart pc to temporary solve the problem. : )"

Apparently (i have not tried it) you can fix it:
OR forum said:
Hey guys just right click date and time in your lower right corner of Windows, go to adjust date and time and then switch from automatic to manual and change the date to Feb anything and restart your PC. Oculus will start working again.

Thanks, it dit help. but did see it too late. the forum page dit not update even thow i was in and out at cuple times to see if any reaction to my post.
then ill get in to shape for next race

An unmitigated disaster.

Equipment malfunction. My head tracker was getting interference from an insect; a ladybug. Caused me to go off track, cook my tires, and get me a stop and go penalty.

Disconnected my head tracker while in pit, but couldn't get my tires changed. Exited pit with useless tires. Was going to change after lap; asked for pit, but did something that gave me a drive-thru penalty. Couldn't change my tires again!

Decided I was being a hazard, and quit.

I was so psyched for this race. I had been driving well, and had high hopes.

I guess "That's racing".