What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S17 - Race 2 - Indianapolis

Hi guys. Not a good start of the race for me. I want to apologise to Ignacio Hortal for the bump in T1 in the 2 flying lap. I really dont know what happened there, im guessing my brakes where just not hot enough. If you check the replay, im not glued to your car, i left a considerable space between us, and i start breaking first, but still its my fault and i want to apologise to you, so im sorry Ignacio. The rest of the race went fine apart from a couple of moments. Congratiolations to the podium and finishers, and thanks for the race!

Cheers.

My race was one to forget as soon as possible. Qualified in P4, which was better than expected. Managed to get in P3 due to the penalties. But then, when overtaking a slower car, misjudged the situation and spun. Had to wait long to rejoin the track to the busy field of cars. That was P9.

After that, someone braked too late into T1 while someone else was unlapping himself, which ended in chaos. I got pushed to the inside, T-boned the faster car and stalled on the apex. This incident caused some damage so I had to pit for three minutes to repair it.

With half an hour to go, I got lapped by P2, but then managed to stay behind him. I was trying to improve my fastest lap, which ended in a spin on the exit of T4, after I went on the throttle a tiny bit too quick.

And maybe the most frustrating part is that I opted for a more stable setup, which resulted in being as slow as a turtle on the main straight. In a flying lap, I could take the time back in the infield zone, but in the race, I couldn’t fullfill my potential due to the slower class.

I am now looking forward to Nola. As I cursed a lot of slower cars the past two races, I now can experience myself that it’s probably quite hard to focus on your own race and letting the faster cars pass.

See you @ Nola & congratulations to the podium!

Hi guys. Not a good start of the race for me. I want to apologise to Ignacio Hortal for the bump in T1 in the 2 flying lap. I really dont know what happened there, im guessing my brakes where just not hot enough. If you check the replay, im not glued to your car, i left a considerable space between us, and i start breaking first, but still its my fault and i want to apologise to you, so im sorry Ignacio. The rest of the race went fine apart from a couple of moments. Congratiolations to the podium and finishers, and thanks for the race!

Cheers.
yeah i thought you misjudged your braking point due to cold brakes/tyres, it was a long and cold formation lap.
that rear end cost me aero damage but luckily no suspension damage. dont think much about it as im sure you'll be aware of it next time, gr.

also please GT's be more careful, i saw a bunch of guys crashing, i got punted 3 times due to gt's forcing themselves where there was no space, i cant just create a new racing line or make my car a ghost, i was half a tyre on the grass at some points. last corner if i went to wide on entry i had to lift a lot or barrier.
i even saw a blue gt1 reversing into the track at one point, it wasnt fun at all. i was fighting for position and got murdered. you guys took the inside or outside like it was the last race of your lives.
i got sandwiched twice.

i had a great race until my wheel died and stopped responding, i went straight into the wall at t1 and the engine was gone (it was like masa when he was hit by the screw)

I'm inexperienced in multiclass, so I wasn't sure whether GTR were being too aggressive, but I agree with Ignacio.

also please GT's be more careful, i saw a bunch of guys crashing, i got punted 3 times due to gt's forcing themselves where there was no space, i cant just create a new racing line or make my car a ghost

Another amazing race, I really had a lot of fun.
My 1-pit strategy wasn't the best with 3 caution but avoiding fights and saving tires proved to be the right thing to do. I really scared myself lapping GT4s on the oval part, going outside at 250+ km/h on worn tires is a real adrenaline injection.
First podium of my SRCA career, hopefully not my last one.
See you in Nola.

Great fun in general. Quickly advanced to 7th, then had an incident with a slower car after which my suspension was crap.
I manage to finish the race doing an extra stop, but the setup and drivability was lost, and i strugglede for positions for all 45 laps after.

I know it is hard with all the traffic, but i hope we all learn from these races, because VLMS and VEC will have even more traffic i think.
I like thr fact that everybody will shift car now and experience the races from the other side.

All in all great fun again, and ones again good job organizers, for making everything run smooth.

Please guys, report the incidents where you had contact with a GTR that was too aggressive.
This is very important and exactly the reason why we do all this multiclass thing.

I saw a few GTRs being too aggressive and I will penalize that (please only when there was contact, otherwise it's pointless)

I wrote about this serverl times in different seasons, we need to find a way to educate SRCA about that.

One thing I can explain right now: To the GTRs that generally tried to overtake around the outside. Can you tell me why you do that? I always see that in VEC and it drives me crazy as a GT driver. In a slowish corner you are not much quicker in a faster class, especially not when you have to go around the outside. So you and the guy you are overtaking end up going around the corner side by side very awkwardly which costs you and the slower class both 1 second. You can't drive properly and the guy besides you can't drive properly because there is a car in the way for both of you.
Why do you not just lift for half a second, stay behind and get a faster exit where you can pass on the inside? That's simple to do, you lose 5 tenth maximum and more importantly it's a lot safer to do.
Maybe take that as an advice.

Last edited:
One thing I can do right now: To the GTRs that generally tried to overtake around the outside. Can you tell me why you do that? I always see that in VEC and it drives me crazy as a GT driver. In the corner you are not much quicker in a faster class, especially not when you have to go around the outside. So you and the guy you are overtaking end up going around the corner side by side very awkwardly which costs you and the slower class both 1 second. You can't drive properly and the guy besides you can't drive properly because there is a car in the way for both of you.
Why do you not just lift for half a second, stay behind and get a faster exit where you can pass on the inside? That's simple to do, you lose 5 tenth maximum and more importantly it's a lot safer to do.

On this track, it was possible as a faster car to pass on the outside of T6. But as for the other corners, you are right.

For me personally, I can say that it's very hard to stay calm behind a slower car when you're under pressure yourself or hunting down someone in front. I know that both cars have to deal with these slower cars, but at the moment itself, I was so focused on hunting down or defending that I often forgot about the GT4's.

In the first race, I didn't have this problem as I was on the back foot from the start. Yesterday was a good lesson for me to be more patient.

So my sincerest apologies if I caused trouble to someone for being impatient!

What a great race this one was, it was an exciting race for sure with the GTR's. I had some close moments and some small brushes with them but all in all it went quite well aslong as u give some room sometimes to them.

Also being the slower car i do agree with @Pieter-Jan Claeysens that the GTR's for sure have the speed in the faster and longer corners and they are able to overtake around the outside easily if driven normal, and this is just a personal opinion but i rather have them go around the outside aslong as they are commited, that way i just keep my racingline and let them deal with the overtake.

Just my thoughts :)

Wow. What an intense race with so many cars on the track. Bad Quali for me, could not seem to find the pace, that I thought I had from practice. Also odd start, as I got confused because car in front of me did not speed up in last corner and then I was in doubt weather to start racing or???o_O. But when I got going it was OK and I had good pace. Also had a few bump in with some of the faster cars, as it is sometimes confusing because some wait in corners and take the fast exit while others push hard on the in/outside and you really never know which way its going :p.

Really looking forward to trying out the "other side" with the faster cars ;)

All in all, good racing and always fun.

I think I was one of the GTR that was too aggressive. I had a very bad race, driver beat me when I was driving alone in the lead. The car was damaged. Then I do not handle those circumstances correctly. I apologize because it has been a race disaster on my part and I will assume the corresponding sanctions. From the positive side, and given that this is called "academy", this is worth learning for me.
In the final part I hit Francesco Morante and I waited for him before going through the finish line in that same lap to return the position, unfortunately on the next lap Francesco had some problem.

Sincere apologies.

Last edited:
fun race guys!

had to take risk on this one on the setup due few time of practising, ending the race if I did remember correctly in the 20's% wear on front left and suffering too much on S1/S2 because too low aero in exchange of fast S3. I should have balance this better.

all code 80 (except first one) caught me offguard, and try to recalculate strategy on the go like...

fzIUhZJ.gif

I didn't have mayor issues with GT4 neither GTR, all drivers respected his line and drive smooth, I try to give space and time too with an exception of a minor contact that was entirely my fault.

thx Florian and Matej for managing the academy, see you all on Nola, lets see how is the work of s397 in this track.

cheers.

Last edited:
Please guys, report the incidents where you had contact with a GTR that was too aggressive.
This is very important and exactly the reason why we do all this multiclass thing.

I saw a few GTRs being too aggressive and I will penalize that (please only when there was contact, otherwise it's pointless)

I wrote about this serverl times in different seasons, we need to find a way to educate SRCA about that.

One thing I can explain right now: To the GTRs that generally tried to overtake around the outside. Can you tell me why you do that? I always see that in VEC and it drives me crazy as a GT driver. In a slowish corner you are not much quicker in a faster class, especially not when you have to go around the outside. So you and the guy you are overtaking end up going around the corner side by side very awkwardly which costs you and the slower class both 1 second. You can't drive properly and the guy besides you can't drive properly because there is a car in the way for both of you.

I would say to drive more defensively, in general. This is a simulation. Part of the simulation should be the simulated potential for loss of life and property.

I don't think we should care about simulated loss of life. I don't think any driver in real life thinks about possibly dying when they are racing.

But we can destroy the race of others and more importantly our own race so that's why I would drive more carefully ;)
You can easily throw away a month of preparation in no time in VEC so better don't do that.

good afternoon, my career has been a complete disaster, from the qualy to the start of the race, I would like to denounce the changes in the starting line of the car number 7, a zone of maximum acceleration where the number 7 car crosses two Sometimes, on lap number 1 and number 2, I could have avoided watching the repetition if I had hit a braking. but those changes of line in an hour and a half race does not make sense.

regards

@Luca D' Amelio You need to look at your settings m8. i dont know what was wrong but you kept joining and abandonning the race on my screen. Very distracting. Did you have problems with lack or connection m8?
This is not made to complain alone, rather than try to help locate the problem if you dont know it is there. I trust the rest of the field had the same experience? (otherwise im the one who need to be adjusting :))

@Luca D' Amelio You need to look at your settings m8. i dont know what was wrong but you kept joining and abandonning the race on my screen. Very distracting. Did you have problems with lack or connection m8?
This is not made to complain alone, rather than try to help locate the problem if you dont know it is there. I trust the rest of the field had the same experience? (otherwise im the one who need to be adjusting :))
Well i had some connection issues as you saw, i wasn't crashing on teamspeak but the game said to me connection lost, then i had to reconnect and continue, apologize for distracting you while racing, but i had to finish atleast 81 min of race or i would loose my licence, i was really frustrated after my multiple connection crashes and i basically didn't think about it, for the next one i'll try to fix that, but i cannot promise anything...apologize again @Morten Faarup

Well i had some connection issues as you saw, i wasn't crashing on teamspeak but the game said to me connection lost, then i had to reconnect and continue, apologize for distracting you while racing, but i had to finish atleast 81 min of race or i would loose my licence, i was really frustrated after my multiple connection crashes and i basically didn't think about it, for the next one i'll try to fix that, but i cannot promise anything...apologize again @Morten Faarup
No probs m8.
Does this mean you actually where out of the game and then able to reconnect? This must have fucked up the race completely for you?
You should try to reinstall and then leave out all add-ons.