What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S17 - Race 2 - Indianapolis

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

indy-start.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
-

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
@677 Amancio Paquez is not watching his mirror while switching sides before turn 6 which leads to contact between Morten Faarup and Amancio. 30 sec stop and hold to Amancio. As much as it's the responsibility of the faster class to respect the slower class at all times, it's the responsibility of the slower class to watch the mirror and drive predictably.
@795 Claus Krogsgaard gets divebombed by Pablo Suarez when Pablo tries to lap him. His move is way too late and way too deep causing contact and a spin. 30 sec stop and hold to Pablo Suarez.
@1182 Amancio Paquez brakes too late and rejoins right in the path of a GT1. Warning for dangerouse rejoin. In this case you should have rejoined the track after turn 2.
@1580 Simone Iennaco laps Ignacio Hortal around the outside but leaves very little room on the inside leading to contact. No further action but GT1s cannot expect the GT4s to move out of the way. You have to leave room, you have to respect the slower class at ALL times.
@2240 Francesco Morante causes contact with Ricky Oca in the pits. Even if there is little room in the pit lane there must never be any contact. Drive Through to Francesco Morante.
@3765 Ezio Gazzola tries to find his way through two GT4s while lapping. There is not enough room causing servere damage to one of the GT4s. You have to be a lot more careful when lapping. GT4s have their own race and you cannot expect them to respectfully move aside. Never force your way through anywhere! 30 sec stop and hold to Ezio Gazzola
@4092 Amancio Paquez tries to overtake another GT4 but brakes too late and hits Pieter-Jan Claeysens. 30 sec stop and hold to Amancio Paquez.
@5390 Danny Kiiro goes too wide in turn 1. He rejoins into two GT4s causing spins and chaos. Rejoins have to be made safely. 30 sec stop and hold to Danny Kiiro.
@5450 Ricky Oca tries to overtake Francesco Morante in the final lap. This results in contact with Francesco spinning. This would be a 30 sec stop and hold for Ricky but he waited before the start finish line. Therefor the penalty is reduced to a Drive Through.

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 2145.2
Miguel Sanchez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - 30 sec stop and hold
Fran Rodriguez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Michael Kallenbach speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Burak Sadikoglu speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Amancio Paquez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Pablo Suarez speeding when exiting the pits under code 80 - No further action, he gave up the gained time
Ricky Oca speeding when exiting the pits under code 80 - Drive Through
Francesco Morante speeding when exiting the pits under code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 3160.2
Alvaro Baker speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Adrian Blasco speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Claus Krogsgaard speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

3rd code 80 at 4220.2
Simone Iennaco speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Fran Rodriguez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Rob Timpen speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Penalties carried over from last Round
Luca Desi - 60 sec stop and hold +Drive Through + probation.
Enrik Horn - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Luca Desi - 60 sec stop and hold +Drive Through + probation.
Enrik Horn - Drive Through
Amancio Paquez - 60 sec stop and hold + 30 sec stop and hold
Pablo Suarez - 30 sec stop and hold
Francesco Morante - 30 sec stop and hold
Ezio Gazzola - 30 sec stop and hold
Danny Kiiro - 30 sec stop and hold
Ricky Oca - 30 sec stop and hold
Miguel Sanchez - 30 sec stop and hold
Fran Rodriguez - 30 sec stop and hold
Michael Kallenbach - Drive Through
Burak Sadikoglu- Drive Through
Alvaro Baker - Drive Through
Adrian Blasco - Drive Through
Claus Krogsgaard - Drive Through
Simone Iennaco - Drive Through
Rob Timpen - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys i have a question: unfortunately i can’t attend this race because i have another league to do, but does the first race that i’ve done count? I mean i didn’t done the race at all.
I’ll confirm the absence tomorrow because im not sure if in the other league will have a run the reserve driver.

Last edited:
your first race does not count as a finished race. Usually if someone disconnects 10min before the end we count it as a finished race but you disconnected almost 20min before the end.
That is not enough to count the race as finished.

I'm at the top of the alternate list, and was car #9 in yesterday's race. It's likely that I would get a seat in race #2.

When can I know whether I'll be driving the 370Z, or GTR?

so my initial idea was to put in reserve driver #3 first for round 2.
And then with more drivers withdrawing towards the end of the season I would be able to fill in 2 reserve drivers whereas if I can only fill in you for R2, I can only fill in you after R2 aswell because the other ones didn't drive a race before R3 and therefor can't earn their license anymore.

So I really don't know to be honest. This season is very special because everyone wants to join SRC towards the end of the VEC season, apparently

my thinking was based on the assumption that order of precedence of the reserve list would be maintained as the season progresses.

no worries, just let me know.

the fact that i found my way to SRC near the end of VEC season is a fortuitous coincidence.

Your assumption is true for Rounds 1, 3 and 4
In Round 1 and 2 however I try to as many reserve driver as possible complete their first race since usually the attendance goes down towards the end of the season.
So in Rounds 3 and 4 there should be more room for reserve drivers than in Rounds 1 and 2.

But as I said, this season is very special. That's the first season where no one was missing without notifying us about their absence in Round 1.
So I don't know what will happen in the rest of the races.

Unfortunately I will miss the race because I'm on a business trip for the complete week. See you guys in Round 3.

Hi, i missed the race 1 and i will miss the race 3. So, do i have any chance to get the licence if i finish races 2 and 4?

Thanks

Hi, i missed the race 1 and i will miss the race 3. So, do i have any chance to get the licence if i finish races 2 and 4?

Thanks
You can read this in the rules.

12.5 In order to be eligible for license 4 a driver must complete at least 3 races in one season of SRCA. However, racing 4 races will increase the chance to receive license 4.

You can read this in the rules.

12.5 In order to be eligible for license 4 a driver must complete at least 3 races in one season of SRCA. However, racing 4 races will increase the chance to receive license 4.

Ok, then i will not participate in any race to give the chance to other drivers to get the licence.

I'm looking forward the next SRCA season.

Enjoy and good luck