What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S16 - Race 4 - Sepang

Like a lot of other comments, it's a pity to finish with an half starting grid...

On my side first season, coming from AC and iRacing i had to manage the specific procedure of SRC, like the Code 80, but also track specificity like NOLA entry line, etc.I learned a lot, and because of that i changed my way to prepare a race.
Yesterday i had to manage a 60s penalty, the choice was to try to comeback into the race after these 60 second or give up because when you start with a time handicap like that... but it's racing and nobody knows what can be happend.
So i push very hard (#46) , and manage to comeback from the last place to P14. At the end i was exhausted... but i liked it, one more time I learned a lot.

Thanks to Florian and Matej to give us the possiblity to race in these good conditions.

See you guys !

I really enjoyed the academy races, well prepared by the organization and enjoyed the battles on track.

Last race was dominated by Carsten and I think Jose won again in the 370Z-class, congrats both well done.

Thanks Florian and Matej for organizing!

See you all on track.

I already mentioned in my notice, I was unable to participate due to labor issues. But I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone, organization and participants for these races and how much I have learned about rFactor2, since I have been using this simulator very little, after the last race it was very clear to me of the box, I hope that this small incident does not hurt me in excess to get the license 4 :Cry: :crying:. Special thanks to Carsten and Lippens for those interesting races we have had :thumbsup: (y), in this way the 90 minutes became much more entertaining, to see if we can see in future competitions that are organized here.

Greetings to all.

Unlike most final reports, i have to say i did not have much fun in these races.
3 unknown tracks, 2 unknown cars, almost 2 years without RF2 installed (i now have 198 hours on it, but only re-installed for academy).

Spent most of mine available time just trying to get to know the tracks and tying do learn how to make a setup for the car. Besides that, almost all races had rain in the days before practice, just to be dry on race day.
In the races my main focus was doing things right and not screw up.
I don't like to give up and so i tried my best till the end, al tho ended up being far less competitive then i know i can be

I know i can have a much better experience in RF2 (because i already had a few), but this academy gave me more pain then pleasure.

Just to be clear, i am not criticizing anything or any one except myself.

Cheers and good luck to all fellow "academics" in your sim racing careers.

First of all thanks to the organization and all the pilots for participating and making this possible. My first contactor with Rfactor has been a bit more complicated than I thought, it has cost me to do a setup since it is different from Assetto corsa. Thanks for everything and I hope we see each other for championships

Well.... let's start with the formation lap: a fu**ing spin, so there went my qualy time and now starting from the back of the field. :mad:(sorry about trying to regain positions, totally forgot about the rule; good thing an admin whispered through teamspeak :thumbsup: (y))

Then the first couple of laps of the race went bad, missing some brake points and blocking the front wheels; so vibrations from the beginning. After that, when following @Alvaro Martinez he lagged and reapeared on top of me, thankfully only minor damages and a bit more vibrations (no handling affected).

The rest of the race was lapping by myself, taking advantage of the first code-80 to pit and change my front wheels.
Spent the last 15 mins. watching @Jordi Hortiguela as he closed the gap between us. o_O

P.S.: sad to see many disconnections, and to see so many people sing up and not racing even once.

I wanted to thanks SRCA orga and SRC for those four weeks of racing.

I had two "meh" weekends (first and last one) when I was trouble free and two crap weekends when everything looked smooth and drove for good result but ended up in anger. At Indy I was collected during one unfortunate blue-flag lapping attempt by one of the GTR1. All that caused first code 80 at Indy. At NOLA I had massive freeze-lag like from NOWHERE at lap 8 or 9. Thank God I didnt collect anyone in the process but my car shoot to the sky like "Kitt" from Knight Rider ... seriously.

When it landed HUD was blinking like a Christmas tree.

See You all in next races on SRC servers.

Last edited:
This was my debut in rfactor 2 championships and I can say it was quite enjoyable (maybe not this one xD)

Without much practice, the pace was, of course, not there, so the goal was just trying to don't make any stupid mistakes and I think I achieved that (with one little exception in the second to last turn near the end of the race where i ran wide and i rejoined the track quite aggressively blocking my fellow GT1 competitior Martin - sorry about that). Other than that, a pretty boring race.

As all the other drivers, I would like to thank SRC for this opportunity. One thing that surprised me was the amount of people who simply didn't turn up regularly. They simply took other people's place on the grid which could have been a bit bigger - I'm not criticizing the organizator, it just a lack of respect from the other guys, and as a league admin myself (in a national scale) that really pisses me off.

Now we wait for the results ;)

See you around!

Well I'd like to thank the admins for a well organized enjoyable season. Everyone has been nothing but helpful over the past four weeks, and it is all very much appreciated. I was further off the pace at times than I would have liked, but I kept it consistent, which was my main goal for the season.

I'd also like to thank all who participated, high driving standards made for great racing. I look forward to seeing you on the track again!

Obviously I regretfully missed the last race. This was never the plan, I fully intended to run all races, and I apologize for that. However I would like to point out for some members here, none of us are professional racers. I have a job, and a family, and other commitments I won't go into here. Though I planned to run all four events, sometime life just gets in the way. That's how it is.

I hope to catch you all on track soon!
Dan

Penalties have been posted in post#3 of this thread
S16 - Race 4 - Sepang

note: the penalties will not have to be served at all. They are entirely for you so you know what you did wrong in the last race and so you can fix that in your next series or in your next SRCA season.