What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S16 - Race 3 - NOLA GP

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

nola.png

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
239 - Accident between Carsten Wilhelm and Walther Berk. Both cars had the right to be where they were. Walther should have left more room but probably didn't see Carsten on the outside. No further action.

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
341 - Benjamin Waymel
1738 - Ondrej Krejci
2088 - Carlos Miranda
2309 - Mike Hanemian
2597 - Martin Ambroz
2780 - Borja Ori
3052 - Ondrej Krejci
3381 - Alvaro Martinez
3733 - Benjamin Waymel
4336 - Carlos Miranda
4345 - Benjamin Waymel
4411 - Ondrej Krejci
4566 - Joan Jesus Jimenez
4611 - David Trueba
4768 - Carlos Cenderos

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
2975 Andres Quintana rearends a 370z in the pitlane. Especially in the pitlane collisions must be avoided. 30 sec stop and hold.

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 2920.2
Carsten Wilhelm speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Martin Ambroz speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 4530.2
Martin Ambroz speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Borja Ori speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Benjamin Waymel - 60 sec stop and hold
Ondrej Krejci - 60 sec stop and hold
Carlos Miranda - 30 sec stop and hold
Mike Hanemian - Drive Through
Martin Ambroz - 60 sec stop and hold
Borja Ori - 30 sec stop and hold
Alvaro Martinez - Drive Through
Joan Jesus Jimenez - Drive Through
David Trueba - Drive Through
Carlos Cenderos - Drive Through
Andres Quintana - 30 sec stop and hold
Carsten Wilhelm - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm sorry, but today I can't take part in the race today - last hour change of plans.... -.-

That was a nice race. Although I had a few light contacts.
Up until the pitstop we had a nice close battle in the top 3. I lost a place in traffic.
I gained two places in the laps around the pitstop. I don't know exactly what happened to Andres (was blocked from driving away?) and Carsten (drive-through for track limits?), but the fight was over afterwards. I maintened the gap around 20s an won my second race this season!

I was surprised to see so many Z-drivers move out of the way at corner entry. I surely didn't do that when I was driving the 370z.
It also occurred a few times where I want to use the inside at corner exit (expecting the Z's to follow the racing line), just at the moment they moved to the inside to let me pass around the outside.
I also had two contact-moments during braking, when a 370Z hit me in the back just after I passed them. I guess this is part of the learning curve that the GTR sometimes has to brake even earlier than the 370z.:)

Yeah, it was a fun race again yesterday with a very nice and close battle at the front. Didn't quite have the pace in qualy, however I noticed in Warmup that I was doing qualy with a full tank... Yeah.

Then the race started. Before the first corner, I was on the outside and Walther Berk was on the inside. I left enough room for Walther to breathe as I was alredy off track on the left after the first corner, however Walther hit me on the right and kept pushing me off track, even though the corner was long gone and he should have moved to the right to give me some space, but he kept pushing, which resulted in him spinning off. I didn't feel it was my fault (and still don't after reviewing the replay), so I kept driving.

The first half of the race was, as mentioned, very tight between Andres, Lennart and me. I managed to overtake them both after they had been stuck behind some Zs in a fast part of the track where I could keep more momentum for the following straight and simply drive past them.

Then, the first Code 80 occured. I was leading and right in front of the pit entry so I snapped to the left and I was in the pitlane before even the countdown was over. Just after the right corner in the pitlane, I accelerated and I noticed I was doing just over 100 km/h... Turns out in the hectic I mixed up the pit limiter and pit request buttons on my new button box :D So I had a 10 sec stop and go and I had to let Andres and Lennart go. I think that the speeding in the pitlane occured before the countdown was over, so I should be safe.

From then on, it was quite lonely again (Lennart +30sec, Andres +17sec), until I was right at Andres' tail again ten minutes before the chequered flag. I have to admit, he was very unlucky in where he had to lap people. Having to wait after a Z in the fast right-left in the second sector alone had cost us 3-4 seconds. I got him in the same spot where I did all my overtaking before, so I finished a solid second.

Looking forward to the last round in Sepang!

Very entertaining the race if. I'm still new to this rF2. In the first part everything went pretty well, keeping rubber and rolling safe. But with the code80 between to make my stop, with the bad luck that when leaving box, just arrived a Z to make your stop. I thought there was no contact in box, but my surprise was when I realized that I was striking, so there I lost a wonderful time and then the nerves to put neutral to go backwards, etc made me lose all option for the race. So I went out relaxed, but seeing that Carsten was recovering me, I decided to squeeze a little. But I didn't have much luck with the traffic, and Carsten finally got me ahead. But well, I had a great fun and I aprendedido some rF2 hehe. I hope to have fulfilled the goal to obtain the license. This was my last race because the next I can not participate to be working nights.

Congratulations to Lippens and Carsten for these great races.

I used a translator, because my English is very basic, in case you read something weird, my apologies.

It was nice to drive in the GT-R this race instead of the 370z. The car is more enjoyable with the extra power and better drivability.

Quali was OK, was difficult to find room for a traffic free lap but P3 was good enough given the mandatory drive through penalty which I received after last race, which meant that I would lose a couple of places anyway.

Race started not good, as Carsten mentioned we went 2 man wide into turn one. I covered the inside and had a better exit and was as good as clear running towards turn 2. Carsten was with 4 wheels outside the track and kept on pushing into my side at the exit which made it impossible to turn my car away from him because somehow it seemed the rear of my car didn’t have room to turn away. So while I steered to the right (to make room for him), my car went straight forward and when Carsten turned right to rejoin the track he pushed me off the track. If you look it, it is a shame and totally not needed given the long race ahead of us and the fun we could have had in the battle for position. In my opinion a learning point for both of us, I should have left more room at the exit before we made contact and I think Carsten could have been a little bit less aggressive.

But with the drive through penalty I had anyway, I was not bothered too much about it. I served the penalty in lap 3 and came back in P9. In the first half of the race I had some nice battles and could climb back up to P4. The leading group was by that point already too far away. After the pit stops I was driving alone for the remainder of the race. Still enjoyed it, nice track, nice car.

Looking forward to the last race!

Funny race !

I start with a drive throught, so qualify doesn't count (P16) and I manage to comeback from P24 to P17-P18 during the fist half of the racet. I was in a good rythm but I was more focus to drive safe than fast.
After the first code 80 and my first pitstop, I got a "stop and go" penalty following too much wide exits on the first corner. When I've coming back on the track for the last 20 min I was P21, So... I put my brain under the seat and push my limit a bit to see if i was able to comeback a bit and how fast i could ride really.. suprised to beat easily my personal best, I finish the race with some strong laps in 1'44 - 1'45.
I looks forward to complete this first season with you next week and i hope to be able to reach a good result in malaysia.

Benj

Another suffering race for me. Difficult track for me, man how i hated that fast chicane in the middle of the long straights. I don't think i was able to do it right not even once.
A few more errors during the race and the chance of even a fight for a place was completely gone.

"I also had two contact-moments during braking, when a 370Z hit me in the back just after I passed them. I guess this is part of the learning curve that the GTR sometimes has to brake even earlier than the 370z.:)"

Lennart, it was me, i think (breaking for turn 1). It was not your fault but mine and i have to apologize :unsure:. I have been having trouble re-adjusting to RF2 and part of that is the breaking. To add up, i missed the breaking point and ended up hitting you. I tried to go left and avoid it, but it was too late. Hope the damage and lost time were not to great.

Good luck to all in the last one.