What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S16 - Race 2 - Indianapolis

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

indy-start.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
-

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
at 1275 Edu Oliveira collides with Mike Hanemian and causes a 3 car accident. Edu Oliveira should not have moved across on Mike on the straight. It is vital that the car being lapped always has one eye in the mirror. 30 sec stop and hold to Edu Oliveira.

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 2740.2
Dominik Blajer speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Walther Berk speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Martin Ambroz speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 3530.2
Benjamin Waymel speeding in the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Edu Oliveira - 30 sec stop and hold
Dominik Blajer - Drive Through
Walther Berk - Drive Through
Martin Ambroz - Drive Through
Benjamin Waymel - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I have to leave the academy for personal reasons. I hope to participate in future occasions. Good luck for everybody!

Unfortunately, I have to leave the academy for personal reasons. I hope to participate in future seasons.

Unfortunately this afternoon I will not be able to run in Indianapolis, my wife will be late to work and I have to take care of my daughter who is only one year old, see you in the next one

I have past last night and this morning with fever (maybe some flu). I will try to run this race but i will be resting till the time qualy begins. Thanks

Excuse me. I did not understand, I was disqualified. but I won 2 stop and go at the same time. and after the race accident I repaired my car for 230 seconds. and after I was disqualified for opening back. I would pay the stop and go next time around. One thing I did not understand was that I won 2 stop and go at the same time.

Sorry about the incident, I do not think it was my fault.

I would like a position if I can still run the next 2 race.

Thank you.

I have tried to run the hole race but I could not. Have a lot of sweat, and maybe a bit of fever also so I decided that it will be better to park the car and take care of myself.
Just now I am shivering a bit... It was impossible to continue.
Sorry.
Good Luck to everybody that is still racing

Tough race for me, awaiting for the replay but I had a lot of contacts, some from my fault, some not. The first "big one" may be from my fault but i'm not really sure.
Sorry if I made any wrong move on the track, after 15mn of repair it was a bit messy to keep the rythm.

Apologizes especially to a blue 370Z, we had a contact in the banking that led him to nearly hit the pit wall, I tought I had enough place, i'm really sorry.

I want to also mention the red GTR who hit me in the pit while I was repairing, you owe me a rear wing bro.

Tough race for me, awaiting for the replay but I had a lot of contacts, some from my fault, some not. The first "big one" may be from my fault but i'm not really sure.
Sorry if I made any wrong move on the track, after 15mn of repair it was a bit messy to keep the rythm.

Apologizes especially to a blue 370Z, we had a contact in the banking that led him to nearly hit the pit wall, I tought I had enough place, i'm really sorry.

I want to also mention the red GTR who hit me in the pit while I was repairing, you owe me a rear wing bro.
Mike I'm sorry, I think it was me but you were exactly on my spot and I had to squeeze there to do my pit.

@Florian Koetz how can this be possible? Not enough pit boxes?

On this race I lowered the settings (a lot) and had only a couple of minor freezes, much better in that regard. :thumbsup: (y)
Did not have too much time to train and it was a 1st time on this track, so I was still learning the lines and always playing it safe.
Managed to find a decent setup in terms of stability, but man... no top speed.
Almost all of the competitors in my class flew away in the main straight o_O.
By the end of the race I felt I already had a decent rhythm on the "gt course", but in the oval section I was loosing a lot of time.
With less then 10 mins to go I failed to grab the wheel on the grass and spun, another position lost.
Besides that, nothing worth reporting, at least nothing i can remember.

Hope I can do better in the 370z, at least be more competitive. With another 2 unknown tracks it wont be easy, but ill try.

Overall a very fun, but lonely race. To be honest, the first race for quite some time.
Since I had only trained in the wet, I was lucky to find a relatively well behaving set shortly before the race. Changed the tires after 50 mins, which was a decision of comfort because it was getting a bit slippery and I didn't want to throw the car for obvious reasons. Some of the GTRs were a bit optimistic when overtaking, but nothing too bad. Shame that Andres Quintana had a penalty and Daniel Jim was suddenly missing before the race, I think it could have been a very close and fun race between us!

Looking forward to the next round in the GTR!

Last edited:
Wednesday morning, I'm waking up with massive pain in ear.
But it's race day, i wasn't be there in Silverstone so nothing can stop me for Indianapolis.

SRCA is my first experience with RF2 in competitive, a bit stressed, some cotton in the ear, some pills and it's "green green green".
I made a good start and push and reach the P6 until the first Code 80. During it, the car in front of drive more at 60km/h than 80km/h, and the car behind me grab the 10s gap we had. Doesn't matter, green flag i push and try to keep my position.
Some driver comeback also on me around the half of the race , so i had to wear my gandalf's suit, you shall not pass guys.
And it was working ! But when B.Sorin arrived everything change, he attack me like a dwarf in a gold mine, and after a missed divebomb, some hit and bump, he push me out of the track. I came back in, he wait and stay behind but I open the door and let him pass during this lap, i give up it's time to pit. 30s loose because of repair du to this rough fight, i'm back on the track in P12.
After that nothing special exept the last code 80. 300+ in the straight with a 370z in my sight when i ear "code 80", brake brake brake, i can't pass anymore ! My wheels bloked and I hit the wall. Loosing the brakes to catch up the line and try to brake one more time to go under 80, but i think i missed. I will probably have a penalty on that move, but I can not do anything else. Bad time, Stressed, but it's in this kind of moment your learn.

After that crash my car was broked, and i tryed to keep a good rythm and save my P8 until the end.

See you next week!