What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S16 - Race 1 - Silverstone

Well I had a lot of fun tonight. I was a little further off the pace than I first expected, but I must admit I spent most of my time practicing in the rain, I was convinced this would be a wet race.

I think I was OK when being lapped, just held my racing line as the rules say. I did have a moment with a GTR through spoon, I held the inside line and got the car into a bit of a wobble, which pushed me onto an odd line and into the path of the GTR following. A bit of an accidental chopping maneuver. I didn't catch who it was but I believe it was a black and green car. Not sure if there was contact but definitely something for me not to do again, so I apologies to whoever that was! Apart from that it all seemed very clean, there was the odd time I committed to my line to find a GTR tucking up the inside before I could get there, but these things happen.

The racing I did have was very clean, again I didn't catch who it was with, but had some lovely battles all through the race.

Nice race, fighting the hole first stint with Daniel Watkin. I think both drive really well and with a lot of respect each other.
Sadly, after the pit-stop when we were 3 cars in a few seconds and it seems that the seconds stint would be really interested... some one -don´t know who, but I think he was pitting out at that time, hit me on my back and sent me out of the track. I hit a wall so my car was with damage and till the end of the race I lost 2-3 seconds per lap.
I am waiting to download the replay to see the incident because I don know exactily what happend.

Just bad luck. See you at Indy!!

I had a huge lag/freeze the led me to hit/being hit by a car, i'm really sorry I could'nt do anything about it.
I prefer to leave the race to avoid further complications. I think it's more a lag than a freeze since I never encountered an issue while training (solid constant FPS) but I don't want to cause more damage to anyone if it's internet related on my side.

I was way off the path btw, but it was also a cool fight with the last so i'm kinda disappointed.
Apologizes again to the driver I hit, and see you next week.

It was C. Cerderos and me who crashed into you after you suddenly froze in place.
2 and a half mins. in pits to repair the damages.
No resentments though.

Nice race, fighting the hole first stint with Daniel Watkin.
Sorry, may be my great battle was with Ondrej Krejci, not with Daniel. :eek:

Edit: there isn´t the replay posted at the Resources yet.
¿has anyone it? thanks!!

Last edited:
not yet but when Jimmi will have time to post it, it will be in the private forum (where you can also find the server password etc.)

Well I had a lot of fun tonight. I was a little further off the pace than I first expected, but I must admit I spent most of my time practicing in the rain, I was convinced this would be a wet race.

I think I was OK when being lapped, just held my racing line as the rules say. I did have a moment with a GTR through spoon, I held the inside line and got the car into a bit of a wobble, which pushed me onto an odd line and into the path of the GTR following. A bit of an accidental chopping maneuver. I didn't catch who it was but I believe it was a black and green car. Not sure if there was contact but definitely something for me not to do again, so I apologies to whoever that was! Apart from that it all seemed very clean, there was the odd time I committed to my line to find a GTR tucking up the inside before I could get there, but these things happen.

The racing I did have was very clean, again I didn't catch who it was with, but had some lovely battles all through the race.

I thought spoon corner was in Suzuka :p

Anyways this sounds like someone tried to overtake you around the outside, you went wide and ended up in front of him.
Something to remember is that the car overtaking has the responsibility to perform a save overtake. Especially in VEC the GTs have a hard time keeping their line. They can easily end up going wide. The prototypes/faster class can of course try to overtake around the outside but it's never save. It's simply too easy for the slower class to run wide and when there is contact in such a situation it's almost always a racing incident, imo.

It was the driver in the faster class that went for a risky maneuver and therefor he shouldn't complain if there is an incident.
Of course you are responsible for your own race so you should try to avoid these situations but as you have seen that isn't always possible

please don't discuss incidents in the forum. If you want to have incidents reviewed please report them as written in the rules

please don't discuss incidents in the forum. If you want to have incidents reviewed please report them as written in the rules

Sorry!!

I was not my intention to discuss it. I have no intention to report it. I think it was just bad luck, race incident.
Just wanna share that moment.
If you think so I will delete the video.

Sorry because it was not my intention to begin a discussion.

Well, that was a hell of a race.

With close to no practice cause I couldn't in the week and all that I did was in the wet... AND this being my first rF2 race, the confidence due to the lack of knowledge of the game was quile low, but I just went for it.

Quite a good Q in P5 in class in the first time I drove with low fuel.

The race was quite entertaining. I was close to Berk and Jim in the majority of the first stint in their fight for the podium honours, but I was never able to be close enough to try the manouver - Here, i noticed that running default was not the most clever choice... I was losing A LOT of time on the straights... but really a lot xD. Close to the end of the stint I had the lag issue people were talking about, I just lagged backwards and cause an incident with Berk in which he lost some time and damaged his car slightly (Ah, I was ahead of him at that time, because I overtook him with the help of the faster cars... they opened up a gap for me). Next, the Code 80, I stopped on that same lap and I gained a position. The second stint was amazing, fighting with Walther the all way. I started ahead, and then he overtook me in the Hangar Straight (what a surprise) and my pressure strarted and only ended on the last lap where I mad contact with him on T4 - just trying to get that position. I let him go and finished in P3 (which I was very happy with considering all the circumstances). Then, I went to his channel and apologised. No hard feelings :D

Indy awaits us!

Sorry!!

I was not my intention to discuss it. I have no intention to report it. I think it was just bad luck, race incident.
Just wanna share that moment.
If you think so I will delete the video.

Sorry because it was not my intention to begin a discussion.

Don't worry you can share parts of your race and this scene is quite remarkable as the other car was outside of the field of view for each driver.
My post was just a response to your "Bad Luck, Racing Incident?"- question. If you leave that out in future posts you can always share parts of the race. :)

stewarding decisions have been posted in post #3 of this thread:
S16 - Race 1 - Silverstone

In future I expect every driver to slow down before the countdown ends. It is stated in the rules and I explicitely said it before the race.

If, in the next races, I catch any driver only starting to slow down when I finish the countdown, this driver will be subject to severe punishment and therefor won't receive license 4 at the end of the season.
This is not tolerated.