What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S14 - Race 4 - Suzuka

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

Hey guys

I know there's been a post about it on the forum : https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?threads/what-to-do-when-you-are-about-to-be-lapped.3752/

But i'm wondering how it's going to happen when GT1 are about to lap GT4 especially in the First sector with the twisty and tight succession of corners in Suzuka. It seems like it's going to be complicated to not hold up too much the quickest cars in this part. I was wondering if you had specific recommandations or instructions for lapping and being lapped in this part of the track .

Thanks for your answers :)

On short, drive predictable on your racing line, GT1 car(s) will find the way to overtake you.

VEC S9 race at Suzuka :)

my recommendation: Do not lap them in this part. Maybe in the last right hander in the first sector there is a way.
But the speed difference should not be too big in these corners so you shouldn't lose too much time.

Thanks for the recommandation :). I'll try to see how it happens in your video.
I predict some guys will be frustrated because of the traffic. I know the rule states that " 5.1.1 Drivers getting shown a blue flag must let the faster car pass within 4 corners of the blue flag being shown" and i was wondering if maybe you'd be a bit more lenient on this part of the track if someone gets a bit stuck behind another car.

yes absolutely, the rule further says:
At certain tracks a series of corners in short succession may be designated as one corner for the purpose of observing this rule.

So these 4 corners are basically one corner in regards to this rule because there is no real opportunity to let someone pass between the turns

And as always the blue flag only counts if a GT4 laps a GT4 or if a GT1 laps a GT1
If a GT1 laps a GT4 he has to find its way around the GT4 and the GT4 should proceed normally (of course he has to watch out and leave enough room in case of an overtake)

Unfortunately I will be out of town on Wednesday and will not be able to race our final race. I hope this doesn't look negatively on my potential for my license. I had alot fun this season with the addition of multi-class racing, (specifically racing the GTR) great job to all the mods and fellow drivers.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this race due to work. I hope that what i did was good enough for the License 4. Big thanks to the admins for all the organisation and for the racing. I enjoyed it a lot and wish all the best for the last race to all of those who'll be able to attend this one :thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y)

I will not be able to race as I will be seeing a friend tomorrow night but I hope I have done enough to secure License 4. It's been a very enjoyable 3 races, the racing was great, no problems with traffic, well organized series here and I am proud to have done what I have against the fellas I raced against :)

Well....

do I feel stupid? -.-

I'm so sorry for that start, dunno why in the god's name I did that.... did not for one sec think about the formation lap, and just launched away.... -.-

I understand if I'm not given License after that, I'm sure that most agree.
but must say that it's not normally me, never meant to do it, and was an honest mistake from my side, which I take full responsibility for.

Once again..... Sorry... -.-

Pity to have seen many people drop out for the last race, as it was probably the most challenging! And surprisingly, despite the rain, I had zero incidents with overtaking or being overtaken, that's amazing stuff guys :thumbsup: (y)

Also great to see that the strategies were very different; I went for tyre management and enough fuel for the whole race, and it paid out in the end, just - I was seeing you creeping in steadily, @David Armstrong! And @Standa Vlnas you were never far either. Also, @Daniele Vidimari, I thought you would catch me since your pace was way better at the beginning, but I guess the pitstops were really time consuming. Don't know what strategy you went for, @Marco Conti, but you were untouchable as always :notworthy:

I again failed to slow down quickly enough for the second Code 80, misjudged my speed and the (lack of) grip down the main straight so I was well above 80 by the end of the countdown. I think I deserve some final time/final position penalty for that.

Thank you very much for your time: @Matej Lakota, @Florian Koetz, @Nick Newcombe and whoever else is organizing this series - your effort is much appreciated! It has been really great to have long clean races, and I personally enjoyed the tracks (thank you for two "home" tracks) and the combination of the two cars :)

Last edited:
Tonight was the wettest night of my life !

I never really had a race on rf2 under the rain, now it's done. Was hard to keep the car in the right way and to find some good braking points without getting out of the track. It took me nearly 1 hour to figure out how to take the first corner properly. I tried to be as safe as possible when rejoining the track, sorry if I scared you guys.

Lats but not least, i ran ouf of fuel on the last lap ! Was speeding like an old lady to economise but it was hopeless.

I wanted to thanks you all, especially the admins, it was a really nice experience, and very instructive. Now finger crossed for the licence (kinda reminds me my IRL licence wait :D)