What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S14 - Race 2 - Estoril

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

estoril-start.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:

-

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN:
783 - Standa Vlnas
861 - Tiziano Brioni
2109 - Tiziano Brioni
3659 - Alessio Feletto
3662 - Johan Cuadrado
4327 - Daniele Vidimari

OUT:
860 - Giulio Scrinzi
1016 - Ryan Elliott
3145 - Angel Sancho
4468 - Mathias Christensen

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
Senne Stofmeel chatted in quali. Eventhough it was only a "sorry" it is not allowed. Drive Through
1920 - Ryan Elliott rejoins dangerously after a spin by doing a 180 onto the racing line. This could have ended a lot worse - Drive Through

Penalties for code 80-violations

1st code 80 at 430.2
- Ryley Wyans speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - 30 sec stop and hold
- Angel Sancho speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Nick Lawrence speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Alistair Long speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Johan Cuadrado speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Michael Roellin speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Ryan Elliott causing an incident during the code 80 countdown. The incident was minor but during the code 80 countdown it's essential that everyone acts with caution even if that means sacrificing one or two seconds - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 4290.2
- Nick Lawrence speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Martin Ulrik speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Senne Stofmeel speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties

@Standa Vlnas - Drive Through
@Tiziano Brioni - 30 sec stop and hold
@Alessio Feletto - Drive Through
@Johan Cuadrado Sanchez - 30 sec stop and hold
@Daniele Vidimari - Drive Through
@Giulio Scrinzi - Drive Through
@Ryan Elliott - 60 sec stop and hold
@Angel Sancho - 30 sec stop and hold
@Mathias Christensen - Drive Through
@Senne Stofmeel - 30 sec stop and hold
@Ryley Wyans - 30 sec stop and hold
@Nick Lawrence - 30 sec stop and hold
@Alistair Long - Drive Through
@Michael Roellin - Drive Through
@Martin Ulrik - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
please everyone look at the red line in the track picture. That is the starting point. When you reach that red line during the formation lap you should start and you can overtake from that point onwards. It didn't work that well last race.
If you have questions read the "race" part in the rules and if you still have questions after that you can ask here.

@Matej Lakota, i have to sign out from the Academy, life circumstances make me unable to use the computer for a while, and i won't be able to race any of the races left. I feel really sorry, because i am a comitted guy and i really wanted to finish the championship. Apologies for this late notice.
Hoping to race you back some time guys!

No probs Ian.
I am sorry that you will not be able to participate SRCA S14, but I hope we will see you again in next season(s).
Cheers.

Last time out in Portimão, the first post of the race thread stated the following (just as this thread does now):

Simulated Race Time:
14:00 - 15:30

And the race turned out to be at a misteriously dark track for it being mid afternoon in the Algarve :)

Should we take it that the time of day will be random as well for the rest of the season?

Can anyone confirm where the speed limit line is for the pit entry/exit?
I assume it's the line next to the traffic lights at both entry and exit?

when you drive into the pits without pit request thr game will show pit request right when you cross the pit entry line

Just out of curiosity: it has been dry and sunny down in Estoril for the last couple of days, and including today, with a temperature around 18 degrees Celcius.

Yet, in the server, it has been raining; are you sure the weather was set to match the weather station in Estoril in Portugal and not Estoril in São Tomé & Príncipe? :)

But now I can see Jack posted question about Estoril weather at almost the same time as you did, so, I am completely guessing now, maybe some condensation appeared around that station and software translated it to the rain. Doesn t matter, if there is "raining", then rain race it will be :)

I just found the closest weather station to Estoril: http://www.meteooeiras.com/dados-detalhados

As you can see, there have been 0.0mm of precipitation today. The same can be confirmed in any weather website, here is an example: https://www.accuweather.com/en/pt/estoril/274013/hourly-weather-forecast/274013

Hence my question, could be a misunderstanding on which Estoril was picked, that's all. I really appreciate all the work you guys put in to try and make it as realistic as the game allows; I'm just trying to help to make it a bit more realistic :)

Anyway, one never gets enough experience in the rain, so tonight's race should be a good test nevertheless :thumbsup: (y)