What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S14 - Race 2 - Estoril

Not the best race of my life, i'm half sick so i lost concentration after 30 - 40 minutes :confused: Probably i had also a wrong setup, my tires burned away in 20 min. Btw after the last code 80 my race was funny because i tried to catch the 3d position with new tires. Grats to the winners, pudiums and everybody, thanks to the admins for the fun :)

Not the best race of my life, i'm half sick so i lost concentration after 30 - 40 minutes :confused: Probably i had also a wrong setup, my tires burned away in 20 min. Btw after the last code 80 my race was funny because i tried to catch the 3d position with new tires. Grats to the winners, pudiums and everybody, thanks to the admins for the fun :)
Thx for the battle for p2...was amazing controlling the gt4 drivers.. I could say my best battle ever in simracing. Thx for all.

I want to apologize to the 370z driver who had to go very large in the gravel to avoid one of my overtake(I was in GT1), I locked the brakes. I can't remember your name but I'm really sorry.

@Florian Koetz I've just watched my race replay and during the 1st code 80 countdown, there was a car on the right who was recovering from a spin that i didn't see at all during the race. Idk if it was okay or not. I wouldn't like to be screwed up for L4 because of that :cautious:

Apart from that, another interesting race from me. Finding some spots to overtake 370z cars safely wasn't very easy and of course, we had to do it quickly, especially when the lapped cars were racing for position.
Had some great fights, especially with @Daniele Ciacciolo and @Standa Vlnas , it was fun and clean with you i enjoyed it ;)

Very tensed finish with Standa who managed to keep P7 in the end : This is how close it was on the last lap :

racefinish.jpg

Thanks again to the admins for the great organisation and making it so enjoyable and fun to race here :thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y)

Some posts ago I explained it on the simplest way I could, but otherwise @Jimmi Allison can say (for the 50th time ;) ) more about it.
I just found the closest weather station to Estoril: http://www.meteooeiras.com/dados-detalhados

As you can see, there have been 0.0mm of precipitation today. The same can be confirmed in any weather website, here is an example: https://www.accuweather.com/en/pt/estoril/274013/hourly-weather-forecast/274013

Hence my question, could be a misunderstanding on which Estoril was picked, that's all. I really appreciate all the work you guys put in to try and make it as realistic as the game allows; I'm just trying to help to make it a bit more realistic :)

Anyway, one never gets enough experience in the rain, so tonight's race should be a good test nevertheless :thumbsup: (y)
We dont use a station per say - we use LAT and LON which is included in the track´s gdb - so there is no "picking stations" - this is sending data to Weather undergrounds API, which then respond with the weather.
As Estoril is an official track, im pretty certain the LAT and LON is correct, it has been for the times we´ve used the track.

Wow, that was an intense race towards the end! The traffic management seemed to be ok despite the track being quite narrow, thumbs up everyone :thumbsup: (y)

Failure to prepare is preparing for failure; a lack of enough preparation created chaos when calculating fuel during the race, which resulted in not refuelling enough during the pit stop and again when doing the final splash and dash; a few extra litres would have been welcomed since the tank went dry after the last turn, which cost me three positions with the finish line in sight :Sleep: :zzz: @Filippo Marazzi, you won the mind game this time :)

@Jimmi Allison, thanks for the explanation about how it works, I guess this was out of hands then. Maybe the game transforms humidity and chance of rain into a formulation of its own, who knows. It was a good challenge though, I enjoyed it - thank you guys for organising yet another exciting race!

Thx for the battle for p2...was amazing controlling the gt4 drivers.. I could say my best battle ever in simracing. Thx for all.

Yeah great stuff through the traffic! :cool::thumbsup: (y)

Some screen:
11EADC862C64E61FE39623427412119BC07D709E

527C30957BB699CA6A197A5269ECDF9ED9EC4DA2

06FDB5785645DC2D5C75CEB4C0CB90366F13C3B6

DE0B4EBB5FC876CAC1D972FB79D3F870EB3EBB8D

12007819889AFAD7C6597FA2D2C46B7B2A381FC5

A42754BA8F34E8A28439BC2EF3409859DE882E70

78774ADDAA6D27593A13C92D446B731FB88D1683

E9F713E0D040A29A4205825158D37BDA7F76B9D8
@David Antonaya

Last edited:
@Matej Lakota

I just want to explain the first Code 80 situation, from live I felt I was pretty close with being around 80kph, and honestly I might have exceeded it by 1-2 kph. However, I had Martin within half a second behind me on my first ever Code 80, and we were in the middle of a high speed turn, so although I came off throttle and broke, I felt that if I broke very hard with him so close behind me, it could cause an incident or put him in a tricky situation to avoid me, so I aired on the side of caution and broke more linearly and gave up more time following going under 80kph. I guess the error that I made was I could have lifted a second earlier, to give Martin an easier time of it behind me, also.

Either way, was a fun first race here, was hoping a Code 80 would fall right before my stop, unfortunately it ended just before I reached S3, otherwise it would have been a fun fight with Jack at the end.

I will review the code 80 as always. Usually if a car is recovering it's not a problem to overtake it, Thomas.

And when I see that you visibly slowed down and gave up the time gained I will refrain from giving you a penalty, Muhammed.

The worst race of my life. I don't know why the game give me a stop&go penalty in the beginning, but as usually I drove into the pits and I stopped next to my box for 1 minute as requested. After that I don't know why the system has maintained the penalty saying that I had to do a drive-through. I did it entering another time into the pits, but after a lap i get a DSQ for not paying the first stop&go. I don't know why all this happened to me, but I think that I could do a great race. Thanks for all, I have enough of SRC. Cheers.

You got a penalty from me for last race which you would have known if you had taken a look at the penalties post of last race where you were even marked on.
To be precise you got two penalties, a stop and go and a drive through for last race. You must have not taken the stop and go but a normal pit stop.

Ok for the penalties, but in Estoril I stopped the first time in order to serve the stop & go, exactly 60 seconds doing anything. It wasn't a normal pit stop, no refuelling and no tyres change. Then, when I entered for the drive-through I stopped 16 seconds to change the tyres, but the DSQ was for not serving the first stop & go that I actually payed. I've written this only to clarify the situation. Bye.

Ok for the penalties, but in Estoril I stopped the first time in order to serve the stop & go, exactly 60 seconds doing anything. It wasn't a normal pit stop, no refuelling and no tyres change. Then, when I entered for the drive-through I stopped 16 seconds to change the tyres, but the DSQ was for not serving the first stop & go that I actually payed. I've written this only to clarify the situation. Bye.
Drive through means drive through - not drive through and do something else if you like.
Good job reading and understanding the penalties though.

At the bottom, if iam not mistaken, of your pitmenu you can apply the penalty or not. If you have correctly done that you are safe. So I would guess it's a mistake by you and not the game.

Then, when I entered for the drive-through I stopped 16 seconds to change the tyres, but the DSQ was for not serving the first stop & go that I actually payed. I've written this only to clarify the situation. Bye.

I was looking for my results and i have found this:

penalty.png

So for the game you served the Stop&Go

The first half of the race was quite fun, chasing M.Patel. At my pit stop I chose to change only front tires. However, it made the car very difficult to drive in the fast corners. Had a few scary moments. In the last half of the race I was a bit unlucky with traffic, which often picked me up in sector 3. ended P3.
Surprised to see that Patel could drive without tire change. Impressive:thumbsup: (y).
J. Keithley was way too fast so not much to put up there:).

This time the tactics were ok, but the speed worse than Portimao. But okay, got through without big problems, had a small touch with a GTR near the end but nothing serious.