What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S14 - Race 1 - Portimao

Basically if someone gets a big penalty for a code 80 violation (so its not a minor offense) he is unable to receive license 4 no matter what he does during the season

- Thomas Andriamiharisoa overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through

So if i understand it, i won't be able to receive licence 4 then ? Or is it still possible ?

You understand wrong and it is possible. so just go for it and be careful about the rules in next races.

one minor offence won't cost you the license, especially not in a 4 race season :)

Phew :D I thought i was screwed because of that lol.

You understand wrong and it is possible. so just go for it and be careful about the rules in next races.

Yep sorry for the misunderstanding :( I thought it was considered as a big offence.
I'll try to be more careful wih that. I actually thought that my overtaking was completed just before you said that there would be a code 80. I didn't intend to get any advantage because of that by cheating don't worry :D.

If we are unsure, should we just give back the position ?

yes if you are unsure it doesn't hurt to give back the position.
We are also humans, we are strict but I could see how little time you had to realize that you cannot overtake anymore (same goes for Nick Lawrence)

I think we get a much better impression of the race than you drivers think ;)
But that's why in the rules it says: "deciding on who receives license 4 is not the result of mathematical calculation alone"
Every incident has a different impact on licenses eventhough the penalty that we assign might be the same.