What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S14 - Race 1 - Portimao

Grats Podium
I would like to report my lap 6 or 7, In the sector 3 y wrecked with a gt4 which its returning to track.
Thx to all!
See you on the track!
tomorrow when the server replay has been uploaded you should look for the time stamp and then you can file a report.
Go to the SRC main page -> SRCA -> submission or click on this link: https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?applicationform/33/form

we need the time stamp of the official server replay though

The night caught me off guard, usually when i have to do night races i have to edit some settings in the PLR, so i had some stuttering in traffic with all the headlights (DX11 here).
I made a dumb mistake at the start, thinking about the in-game formation lap i started before the green lights and i got a stop & go.

The race was very good and fun in traffic, this was my 1st multiclass race in the top class (always competed in minor classes) and i'm very happy, for the result and the behaviour. Grats to @Marco Conti for the win and to everybody!

Flo, how is the behavior with the invisible wall? My teammate hit it and the engine died. Therefore he couldn't finish the race.

It happened couple of the guys just before the end of the race and if he is one of them, we will count like he finished the race. He will get a bit less points, but where to finish at the end is not really important to get L4.

yes of course it is important for licenses but I saw that incident already and noted it.
Will review it anyways :)
Hi!
Ok thx!
grats organisers, great race.
After this incident i went to the last of race and i had to race with a different strategy, sometime I thought that i was driving a LMP1 car hehe.
Thx to all.
See you on Estoril.

yeah I saw that one. I did mark him on the forum and wrote him over teamspeak so by now he should know that the track bug will not be to his disadvantage when we decide about license 4 :D

First multi class race for myself. I have done a few races which were that long but not in an endurance class. I was actually fearing to have too much tyre degradation before the race but it was alright. Maybe the code 80 saved me to do more pit stops.
Qualy was not too bad for me.
I almost got disqualified for not having my lights on lol. A bit of a shame to start from the back but it is what is. I managed to pass the gt4 cars quickly and to catch up to the gtr train. From that point, it was a lot about managing the tyres and the fuel as i was lacking pace. It was looking likely for a P5 finish before a track bug caught me. A bit frustrating end for a good recovery race.

Good 1st experience of endurance and multi-class for me. I enjoyed it a lot. I had an idea of what endurance racing was and i wasn't disappointed at all. I tried to overtake as cleanly as i could and i hope i didn't cause any trouble to anyone. Congrats to @Marco Conti for the win and to all the others. Looking forward for the remaining of the season.

so the list of drivers that had to DNF because of a track bug are:
@Mark Weiler
@Nick Lawrence
@Daniele Ciacciolo
@Oliver Schlabs

When we do licenses at the end of the season we will count this race as a finished race. So should you DNF or DNS in one of the next races you still have a chance to obtain license 4.
Any incidents or violations you caused before your DNF in portimao will still be counted.

to explain it a little further: When we look at licenses we give minus points for each time you broke the rules. On top of that there are some other things to look at. Basically if someone gets a big penalty for a code 80 violation (so its not a minor offense) he is unable to receive license 4 no matter what he does during the season.
I know it's very strict but at the same time it's not too hard to follow the rules.
At the same time every driver needs to finish 3 races in order to obtain license 4.

So for the sake of licenses this race will be counted as a finished race for the 4 guys on the list.
If they broke the rules they will still receive the minus points though because that has nothing to do with the track bug.

In other words: Driver from the list can miss or DNF in one of the next races and still get license 4 as long as they didn't brake the rules too often.
We just don't want that someone DNFs in one of the next races or misses one race because of an emergency and then can't get a license just because the track was bugged in R1. That would be unfair.

For example: If i do 2 races, but cant do the last 2 cause of personal reason or work stuff. I sign in for the next season then. Do the 2 races from the previous season count in any way or do the guy have to start from zero even he proved to be able to drive in the previous season?

You have to finish 3 races in a season to get a chance for L4. In exceptional cases we take a look about races that driver has already done in previous season(s), but we do it only if he is on a sharp edge, should he pass to L4 or not. But the race(s) from previous season we never take as finished in next one, they don t count anything about this question, you need to finish 3 out of 4 races in a single season.

Last edited: