What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S14 - Race 1 - Portimao

on the top of the forum there is a HUGE banner that says: All servers have been reverted to version 1108
So you right click on rfactor 2 in steam, you go to properties and change the version to 1108

unfortunately I have to communicate my absence for work reasons.
I apologize to the organizers and I will try to engage in the upcoming races.

First, open up Steam and go to your library.
Right-click rFactor 2 and go the properties popup (as shown in the attachments and described above). Click the thumbnails for full-size images.
rF2_SRC_v1108_Help1.png
Then, go the the "Betas" tab, and select v1108, as in the attachment.
rF2_SRC_v1108_Help2.png
Once you select v1108 Build, you can close the dialog box, and Steam will download a small update to convert your installation back to this version. You can confirm it worked by checking your Steam library: it will say "rFactor 2 [v1108]" if it is successful.

I strongly suggest that you pick v1108-DX11-open-beta- version, because DX9 suffers stuttering and it could close to taskbar in some occasions (tested by me in last days).

Sorry to break the 24 hr absence rule, but a friend of mine desperately needs a babysitter for the next 2 days as she has had to leave quite suddenly, and I only got the call now. I apologize for this absence. I'm committed to this season and was well practiced for this race. I will be in attendance for the remaining races.

Is it just me or do the Tyre last for just 6-8 laps until getting useless? I always wanted to stop 5 times in a race :p

Guys I'm having issues with the computer, I don't know why but it does not start up rFactor 2, I tried version 1108, unistalled and reinstalled back again, and nothing happens when i double click on the icon, so probably i will have to format the pc, but i won't be able to do it to be in the race tonight. Yesterday worked though...
Sorry.

Unfortunately, I have a missing package causing an error when trying to join the server... will not be able to participate in this round because of that. Wll try to solve everything before next round

Rogier

training this evening for the event, my g27 go decentered after two minutes (3rd unit with this problem) Tomorrow morning I make the RMA trying this way to get the wheel before next race.

To the guys that crashed this race because of a track bug and couldn't continue: @Mark Weiler @Oliver Schlabs

This DNF will not have an effect on your license. If you don't get license 4 at the end of the season it was because of races 2, 3 or 4.
But this track bug will not be the reason why you don't get license 4.

For hating that track, and never racing rFactor 2 online before, everything went alright. Minimal issues with traffic, that was nice.

I made a huge mistake in pit road, I ran into one of the cars being serviced. Years of iRacing has ruined me, I had never thought a car being serviced would be solid, oops. My sincerest apologies to the person I ran into, especially if it damaged your car. I spent about 30 seconds figuring out how to stop the crew from repairing damage and drove my final stint with a broken car. Congrats to all, those who finished definitely ran a good race.