What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S12 - Race 1 - Sebring

Congrats to Enrico Sancini(2nd) , and Tomas Garcia (21st by now , lets see what says code 80) , two gentlemen with i shared trainings these days, and they gave me some useful info , and enrico a car set up. :D. see you nex time!!

yes totally clear but i felt that the cooutdown from 10 to 0 startet from 5 to 0 an began right after you finished to anncouncement of code 80. I don't kwno how it is usually handled but i expectet to hear "code 80 in ten seconds, no overtaking, 10, 9, 8, ... 3, 2, 1. Code 80 enforced".

Usually it's: "no overtaking, code 80 in 10 seconds... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 code 80 enforced"
That's why there is a small gap between the initial call and the countdown starting.
It's probably not 10 seconds but it takes like 2-3 sec to say the initial line and then about 2 sec later the countdown from 5 starts. That's the idea

But both of you did slow down in time for the code 80 so I take that as proof that there was no issue with teamspeak
thank you

Morning all,

Nice race yesterday even though I have lost 21 places ! @Jakub Charkot, congratulation mate ! First half of the race was really nice riding along ;)
Overall, I liked the car pretty much with my new setup in this first season race. It feels really stable and performance are lasting and regular.

I have encountered a lot of issue though .. First off, a friend of mine lended me his HTC Vive for the race to compare it to my Oculus DK2. Lets say it, VR is brilliant and so immersive ! But I quickly realised too late that there were an issue with output sound from TS when connecting the VIVE.. I can't hear admins announcing ... (when connecting VIVE, TS sound comes out from the VR helmet and not the computor sound card anymore and I did not know that).. So I had to race without Admins instructions ... that was tough.

Knowing that, no matter the cost, my main goal is to follow @Jakub Charkot and mirror him if an annoucement is made .. not really pratical I have to say ..
Everything went well until lap 17 where i got my two left wheels onto the vibror at the hairpin braking zone.. did not even touch the grass but i had no choice but to go straight and used the deviation to get back on track. When back on it, having lost some time to the leader, i am beeing adressed a penalty ... 220 SECS STOP AND HOLD ??? WHAT ?? or 1 full Lap. My race is ruined .. This is without counting the drive through i had when observing my 220 secs penalty .. maybe 2km/h too fast at pit entry .. My bad I was pissed ..

The rest of the race went really okay. Lots of overtaking, it was a pleasure to drive the car anyway. Good behaviours here and there, nothing to say.

Peace out guys ! se you next race

220 SECS STOP AND HOLD ??? WHAT ?? or 1 full Lap. My race is ruined .. This is without counting the drive through i had when observing my 220 secs penalty .. maybe 2km/h too fast at pit entry .. My bad I was pissed ..
You cut the track, really bad
<Penalty et="2178.2">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,10s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2178.3">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,20s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2178.7">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,30s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2178.8">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,40s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2178.9">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,50s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2178.9">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,60s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.0">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,70s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.1">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,80s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.1">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,90s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.2">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,100s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.2">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,110s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.3">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,120s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.3">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,130s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.5">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,140s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.6">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,150s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.7">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,160s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2179.9">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,170s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2180.0">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,180s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2180.2">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,190s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2180.3">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,200s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2180.4">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,210s</Penalty>
<Penalty et="2180.5">Matthieu Decrop received Stop/Go penalty, 10s, 0laps for &quot;Cut Track&quot;. Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,220s</Penalty>

Hello Jimmi,
Sure i did, but it was not like full throttle cutting in order to gain time. On the contrary, it was more "cutting" like going straight at the deviation at hairpin loosing 5 seconds and lifting the gas pedal... But hey, thats the race. I just have a recommandation though, can these penalties that i have observed during race affect my next race ?

Cheers mate

Last edited:
I have to admit, I hate this car, but in the end was a fun race. I don't understand why some overlapped cars start battle with non overlapped cars having the same pace, and I hope admins take care about this.

The first 3 car where incredibly fast, they had an amazing pace during race.

See you all on Estoril.

I have to admit, I hate this car, but in the end was a fun race. I don't understand why some overlapped cars start battle with non overlapped cars having the same pace, and I hope admins take care about this.

The first 3 car where incredibly fast, they had an amazing pace during race.

See you all on Estoril.

if you report the incidents then we can take care about this

Botched the qualifying, started 10th but got spotblocked on the pacelap. Managed to pass him very quick, had a issue on lap 1 and after that I started to chase the guys in front (well not Jakub and Matthieu) had a real nice time fighting with the guys around and managed to climb up to 4th before my stop. Then the code 80 came and my race was pretty much over, some guys pitted during the caution and others, well .....

All in all pretty fun race, grats to Jakub and tnx for hosting/admin/etc. Florian, cya guys in Portugal.

Cheers,
Bas

Morning all,

Nice race yesterday even though I have lost 21 places ! @Jakub Charkot, congratulation mate ! First half of the race was really nice riding along ;)
Overall, I liked the car pretty much with my new setup in this first season race. It feels really stable and performance are lasting and regular.

I have encountered a lot of issue though .. First off, a friend of mine lended me his HTC Vive for the race to compare it to my Oculus DK2. Lets say it, VR is brilliant and so immersive ! But I quickly realised too late that there were an issue with output sound from TS when connecting the VIVE.. I can't hear admins announcing ... (when connecting VIVE, TS sound comes out from the VR helmet and not the computor sound card anymore and I did not know that).. So I had to race without Admins instructions ... that was tough.

Knowing that, no matter the cost, my main goal is to follow @Jakub Charkot and mirror him if an annoucement is made .. not really pratical I have to say ..
Everything went well until lap 17 where i got my two left wheels onto the vibror at the hairpin braking zone.. did not even touch the grass but i had no choice but to go straight and used the deviation to get back on track. When back on it, having lost some time to the leader, i am beeing adressed a penalty ... 220 SECS STOP AND HOLD ??? WHAT ?? or 1 full Lap. My race is ruined .. This is without counting the drive through i had when observing my 220 secs penalty .. maybe 2km/h too fast at pit entry .. My bad I was pissed ..

The rest of the race went really okay. Lots of overtaking, it was a pleasure to drive the car anyway. Good behaviours here and there, nothing to say.

Peace out guys ! se you next race
wow dramatic race! :C

wow dramatic race! :C

Kind of .. I was more frustated and confused about that penalty as i did not have any contacts, crashes or even "real" intentional track cuts. I mean, yes, I went straight at the hairpin catching the track back by the deviation road (kind of security zone, yes ?), but to me, cutting the track would have been crossing a curve by the inside of the apex (that I have seen from others with no penalty in sector 3) in the grass and gaining couple of seconds, thenths.. (when in fact, I have lost a couple of seconds going by that road.
In my case, I recon cutting would have been going back on track via the grass trying to minimise lost time.

So yeah, all that was frustrating but overall, the race was good I recon :) Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. ;)

Thats unfortunatly not how the game sees it. You should go below 60 when re-entering the track. However its the 2nd time i see these kinda of penalties, and only in SRCA. We´ve been using this in VEC last season - including this track. So yeah, not optimal, but it is what it is. I´ll see if i can squese a few hours in to reviewing how you went off and rejoined etc.

I had the same thing when preparing for Sebring last season. Behind the hairpin at the end of sector 1 there is a runoff area and a really slow corner to the right. So if you go too deep into the corner you can follow a road that's behind the hairpin and leads back to the track and you always loose time by doing that, even if you try to go as fast as possible.
But at the end when you rejoin the track you always get a cut penalty even if you lost a lot of time already. You basically have to slow down a lot before rejoining the race track.

Difficult race for me, two exits of track with damages, thus repairs. And during the code 80, I was on an overtaking. I finished it, but I have of run too fast then because I have to catch up people in front of. If I must be sanctioned, I would accept the decision.
Congratulations in the podium, and thanks to all.

if you report the incidents then we can take care about this
"the incident" is on 8/10 laps and on some of this lap this was happening to a car in front of me. There is not a certain moment, there were constant pressing on this car in front of me and then on me from this overlapped car.