What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S11 - Race 3 - Sepang night

No penalties because of some technical issues. Similar to why the start was a bit later than explained during warm up.

So last race this SRCA S11.
Qualify was not so good, P28.
Race was a bit better. Good start, made a couple positions to the front. No big mistakes from me, some off-track activeties but i think this was one of my better race in the SRCA. Hope this time i get my License 4. Their comming some long days.

Nice Race... CONGRATULATIONS the podium.......
I dont understand a situations in pits.... y have not repare and my time was 47 sec to change tyres... and the others 10/12 sec....!!!! and i have not repare demages...very stranger....

There are many fast drivers... nice...

ENZO FERRARI SAYS........."The drivers with a son, loses half a second per lap." ....

I HAVE FOUR KIDS.... jajajajajajajaj

I expected a good result in Sepang, since there were many with penalties and I luckily did not have,

The thing started badly, in qualification I was not able to give a return in conditions, I was lowering my training times enough, but the penultimate curve I tumble several times

I left in the queue, but thinking of advancing with the penalties, my surprise was that on the grid accelerate smoothly thinking that I had the neutral stuck and was in first and the car moved a few cm, drive trought, I thought I lost my advantage, but my Surprise was that I did not seem to see that nobody had sancion, I already read that it was due to technical problems, and I left in last position,

Finally I could go back a little to finish the 26, I had fun in the final stretch trying to bozo fujs did not advance me, but my front wheels were touched and finally I passed. I was going faster

regards

Choo Choo... I have no idea where my qualifying pace came from, but I do know I didn't have the race pace to back it up. My race was great fun until my first stop, I hope I was fair in my defensive driving. Thanks for the battles guys, and see you in VLMS (hopefully).

Must say Sepang was a lot better for me than Paul Ricard. Got to know with car and race pace was decent with only small mistakes. And yes, I also trained a bit more. Overall race was really clean.
How did I miss info about no penalties from PR I dunno but was wondering during race why no one was assigned it. Despite that and knowing I will lose couple of places, I decided to serve mine and did a drive through … do I deserve a cookie? :lol: :Laugh::whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

Paco, that was some good racing and overtaking, I had fun too. But cannot agree on fact that you were faster :p
Congrats to podium! :thumbsup: (y)

Wishing contestants all the best in receiving L4 and also thanks to organizers making Academy on such a high level ;)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but why didn't Marco Conti got his license? He is an international driver one of the best and already did an entire season in VEC without having any problem being close to win lmp1 title. He didn't had any problem in race 1, only pit entry cut when 50% of the field cutted, he did a clean race 3 without problems and he had 1 incident in race 2. He is racing since 2008, do you realy think he is not ready to race in VEC just because of some pit entry cuts?

We set it as a standard for a few seasons now that 60sec stop and hold penalties from pit lane cuts are just too much to give people license 4.
The pit entry line is there for safety reasons. And Marco Conti ignored a rule that exists for safety reasons 3 times in a single race.
The rules are clear. I can only imagine that he did not read them which is bad enough after I even complained about the pit entry cuts in round 1.
If he doesn't care about SRCA enough to read the rules he should perhaps rethink his approach. But we cannot say for sure that he cares about other series enough to read the rules.

And we can't make exceptions because where would we draw the line between making the exception and forcing someone to go through SRCA?
Everyone who wants to race in VEC or VLMS has to go through SRCA.

We set it as a standard for a few seasons now that 60sec stop and hold penalties from pit lane cuts are just too much to give people license 4.
The pit entry line is there for safety reasons. And Marco Conti ignored a rule that exists for safety reasons 3 times in a single race.
The rules are clear. I can only imagine that he did not read them which is bad enough after I even complained about the pit entry cuts in round 1.
If he doesn't care about SRCA enough to read the rules he should perhaps rethink his approach. But we cannot say for sure that he cares about other series enough to read the rules.

And we can't make exceptions because where would we draw the line between making the exception and forcing someone to go through SRCA?
Everyone who wants to race in VEC or VLMS has to go through SRCA.
He proved to have a very good pace(watch race 3) to be able to race in a group (race 1 fights, yes he had an incident in race 2 that was his fault, he did a mistake who doesn't?) to be clean and be able to respect track limits not like some other drivers that got many many penalties and in round 3 he proved he understood pit entry rules. He also proved to know rules in s8 when he did an entire championship and remember that he come from other leagues where entry line is not considered, and is not that you didn't read or ignore rule, you just forget during the race, and do pit stop in "Automatic mode" in fact never cutted pit exit. I realy hope you could reconsider him for all these reasons also because it will be a problem for him to do next SRCA season because he can't race

A little off topic, but still, I'd like to know: I can see that SRCA and VEC rules aren't exactly the same about pit exit, SRCA says:
7.2 Drivers entering and exiting the pits must follow the blend lines and may not cross the blend lines to gain an advantage.

While VEC says:
8.2 Drivers entering and exiting the pits must follow the blend lines and may not cross the blend line to exit the pits earlier.

Does the VEC's implies that entering pit lane can be done on the blend line, as exit is mentioned but not entry.

Also, SRCAs rules say that we can't cut blend line to gain an advantage, but if you cut it and don't get an advantage, how does it go? :)

Just wanting to know things clearly, not wanting to mess around ;)

a very valid point above! also one of my drivers Matthieu allegedly got some pit entry wrong, also nada license :(

A little off topic, but still, I'd like to know: I can see that SRCA and VEC rules aren't exactly the same about pit exit, SRCA says:

While VEC says:

Does the VEC's implies that entering pit lane can be done on the blend line, as exit is mentioned but not entry.

Also, SRCAs rules say that we can't cut blend line to gain an advantage, but if you cut it and don't get an advantage, how does it go? :)

Just wanting to know things clearly, not wanting to mess around ;)
I see those 2 rules exactly the same.
SRCA opted to update some rules, however it still means - dont cut the pitblend line anytime, anywhere. Dont even touch a mm of the blend line to cut on to the track. This is even more important in VEC and VLMS, as there is faster cars there, some of them very silent.

One suggestion from my side, if I may.

It would be nice to know why a particular driver doesen't receive a license. I know that I would like to know for myself, so I can learn from mistakes and can pay more attention, especially to that, in next season ... I know I did few mistakes in R2 but I don't know anything about R3 ...

Thx ;)