What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S11 - Race 1 - NOLA GP

After a bad classification and a quiet exit and a little more than half an hour of race, I had a problem with the monitor, I turned off, I brake and tried to move away to turn on the monitor, but my car is gone The protections, fortunately I think I have not bothered anyone, but it has ruined a normal race, to become a chaos, direction fucked, wheels shattered, pit box and fix, 140 sg and tail, from there is try not to bother To reach the end

I hope more luck in the next

regards

Had a great fight together with Jernej. At the beginning of the race, I tried to save tires as much as possible. Meanwhile, I tried to keep Jernej behind me, but that didn't work anymore at some point. Jernej took a gap around 6 seconds and that remained for a while. I thought this might be the turning point for my tires. After that Jernej did a very early pitstop. Then I said to myself, now it's hammertime on low fuel with better tires probably. I kept pushing hard until 0.4 estimated laps. And after the pitstop i rejoin the track as leader within 1 second in front of Jernej. Last +-7 laps Jernej was continuously within 1 second behind me until the finish. Great race!

Oh in te restart after code80 Enzo was saying: And we go...ing green in 3,2,1. I took my TC off too early haha. Sorry for that but i returned more time than I won with this so hopefully it has no consequences. Another thing was that i did Esq after finish. I thought oops but there was no way back anymore. Cya next race!

Good morning everyone, I admire the passion and dedication of the admin-directors for the running of the race, thank you for the fun you give us, see you next time!

The pit entry line was crossed 36 times... 36

I literally wrote in the chat before the race that you have to not cut across the pit entry line to remind all of you. And it is quite obvious in the rules aswell.

I have never seen such blatant ignorance in one field. It's a disgrace.

If you want to get license 4 you either change that attitude towards rules or I suggest you stop trying because that's not gonna work then.

Sorry but the pit entry line is ridiculously close to the outside of the track. One has to almost stop the car to safely go throught without touching either the line or the grass. I respect the race directors and the rules and I think I entered the pits respectfully and in a way that shows that I do care. I didn't blatantly cut the entry, but I did touch the white line (which doesn't have defined start btw because it blends in). It is very unnatural to attempt doing what I now realize you had been asking to do.

Also to add to the confusion, at first we had been asked before race to use the 1st pitlane entry, which was blocked. But that kinda shows RD forgot/hadn't had a look at it. When I'd read "don't cut pit entry and exit" I was like "ok exit np, but entry, what, how?" and it seemed so weird to me to be demanded to squeeze the car through that narrow slit between line and grass that I just forgot about it and always planned to just stay as far to the left as it seemed safe to me.

First non FSR WC race for me in a while, and just when I think I'm away from the "did I cut/touch the line or not", this happens :D

I'm very happy that you are rightly demanding some standards, but when whole field does something wrong, there are other reasons for that than blatant ignorance on our side (at least for most drivers). So therefore, race directors, please forgive us if you think there was something very wrong on our side, and please clarify it more next time if you want us to stop to 50kph to enter pits safely, thanks and sorry again.

clarify it more?
I literally wrote in chat that you must not cut it. No conditions, no exceptions, nothing. We were aware of the pit entry line and 10 people made it into the pits without crossing it and without slowing down to 50 kph. So it must have been possible.

Out of 34 people crossing the pit entry line 29 would have crossed the line even if there had been 1m more space on the right. That's the issue I'm talking about. We don't argue about a few centimeters.

Just to let you know - I will be reviewing for CM cuts further up the series - equal for anyone. Because if it's not defined then 1cm then 5cm then 2 meters then who cares.

clarify it more?
I literally wrote in chat that you must not cut it. No conditions, no exceptions, nothing. We were aware of the pit entry line and 10 people made it into the pits without crossing it and without slowing down to 50 kph. So it must have been possible.

Out of 34 people crossing the pit entry line 29 would have crossed the line even if there had been 1m more space on the right. That's the issue I'm talking about. We don't argue about a few centimeters.
Another question is:
By "crossing" do you mean "touching" (in the sense that all 4 wheels are still on the asphalt but 2 are touching this mentioned line) or going "from one side over the line to the other side"?

I think its the right thing to do - I also saw some other infringements (ie. 160kph at the beginning of the Formation Lap), divebombing, as if some people didn't read the rules and procedures.

Yes Florian, but again, just look at that pit entry line. Look at it. But maybe I see it differenty as a simracer with 10+ years of experience, just (re)entering SRC. I have almost never seen such a tight pit entry line, and when I have seen it, everybody unquestionably cut it because it would be ridiculous to demand squeezing through it. The number of pit entry cuts is explained by this very weird pit entry nature, not by blatant ignorance. Please don't call us blatantly ignorant. So for me, now that I know your rules and demands, you won't see a cut from me anymore, but I also hope the pit entries will be more reasonable.

About my start - I've read all the rules and tried to find everything about SRCA, but it seems like the information is well hidden. Or I'm blind. I read that the race starts with a formation lap at 20.57 and rolling start when RD announces green flag. What I didn't see anywhere was that the race starts with red lights going off. So please tell me, where is the info that I'm missing. Thanks.

What I didn't see anywhere was that the race starts with red lights going off. So please tell me, where is the info that I'm missing. Thanks.
That is not explained, nor is it explained how to join the server, how to hit race before the countdown etc ;)

Yes Florian, but again, just look at that pit entry line. Look at it. But maybe I see it differenty as a simracer with 10+ years of experience, just (re)entering SRC. I have almost never seen such a tight pit entry line, and when I have seen it, everybody unquestionably cut it because it would be ridiculous to demand squeezing through it. The number of pit entry cuts is explained by this very weird pit entry nature, not by blatant ignorance. Please don't call us blatantly ignorant. So for me, now that I know your rules and demands, you won't see a cut from me anymore, but I also hope the pit entries will be more reasonable.

You did not cross the pit entry line in the first place. But I'm glad to hear that you won't cross it in future, either.

Penalties have been posted in post #2

All penalties will be applied in the early laps of next attended race.

I really messed up in the pit lane. Just getting use to VR the resolution is so bad compared to triples, but the immersion does counter - big time :)

I tested the pit entry. Yes it is closer than on other track, but after 3 tries I was able to pass the pit entry with 104 km/h (1st try: 81 km/h, 2nd try: 77 km/h) and even in try 1 and 2 I was able to don't cross the pit entry line. For fun I also tested the pit entry with the boxmaster and even with this fat thing, it was possible to enter the pit correctly :D.
Here's a video, if somebody needs a proof: