What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 8 - LeMans

Alex Schmurtz

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Now i´ve seen a few lag or game freezes, in case it was a game freeze i sincerely hope that the drivers who suffered these are running tracelog. We do really want to see what is causing these freezes.
I had a pretty big freeze too, just before the Ford chicane. Pretty unusual that I get one. And I think a few people got disconnected around that point... But I can't remember which lap it was! Please find my trace attached, I hope it will be useful.

Attachments

Alex Schmurtz

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
A big thank you to the staff for this season, I really enjoyed it and learned a lot! Still need to improve quite a lot too... I hope I did not bother too many competitors; I know I failed sometimes but I always tried to be nice with GTs... A big thanks to my teammates: there is a very nice spirit in the team, we got very good moments, when preparing or during the races. That really is a special experience and got me hooked up. Thanks for running this championship! :thumbsup: (y)

Jeremy Talbot

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Many thanks to the staff for this championship. It was my first year in vlms and its been great fun, although there were some moments to forget too :) it's been so professional all the way through, both in vlms and vec, and I'm looking forward to next season. :thumbsup: (y)

Something from this race though, I hit the safety car on pit exit (yes, I know! :Cry: :crying:) but if you take a look at this it seems to be a collision box issue

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a pretty big freeze too, just before the Ford chicane. Pretty unusual that I get one. And I think a few people got disconnected around that point... But I can't remember which lap it was! Please find my trace attached, I hope it will be useful.
Can you post your system specs please.
Also have you done anything to the nvidia settings?

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Thanks for the season been fun! We suffered a button assignment misshap getting neutral then reverse before driver swap so didn´t get to the finish. Good fun regularly bad qualification. Race start was regular VLMS. There is always a homing P2 doing all to find my car I don´t understand why this happen every single vlms start to me. Managed to avoid it and it gained me two places in the process as they made a second contact with eachother.

Lacking a bit of speed apparently it was quite a lonely first stint but all going to plan up to 8th after the pit stop but then Speedymite got collected and I did hardly see him before the car was right infront of me out of the second mulsanne chicane. 14 minutes in the pits. A shame with some amazing luck there and we would have fought for the win but I wasn´t even close to manage to solve it. Rickard and Robert put in some flawless stints except the last misshap of course so overall a superb race for us with worst result possible.

Hope we will see some better p2 driving in the vec race appeared we where all crashing.

Hermann Stocchi

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
For the first time the car felt really good (P6 in quali was the best result for me in the season), but after the server restart the game was literally unplayable. Lot of freezes and internet Lag (i checked my connection with speedtest.com and was all fine), had to lower all the graphics setting but the freezes still remains. During the race it all went worse, lots of internet lag and had 2 major freezes in the Dunlop Corner and Indianapolis, last one i had several demages, because of all the problems i decided to do a driver swap, selected my teammate in the pit menu but don't know why the I.A. took over the control of the car, unfortnately we had to retire the car.

As a driver, Le Mans is a very special track for me, i'm very dissapointed in how this ended, i want finish this amazing season in the best way i could. A BIG THANKS to the staff, you guys have created an amazing season, have learned a lot from it, can't wait for the next one. Had done some mistakes during the journey, but we will come back stronger :cool::cool:

EDIT: Can't find my tracelogs in my RF2 folder and document folder, my PC Spec are: FX8320, GTX 1050 and 8GB of Ram. Not the best but at least decent, it all went flawlessy good in all other races. Didn't touch anything in nvidia setting or json. files.

EDIT2: It seems i have to activate tracelogs, didn't know that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Thanks for the season been fun! We suffered a button assignment misshap getting neutral then reverse before driver swap so didn´t get to the finish. Good fun regularly bad qualification. Race start was regular VLMS. There is always a homing P2 doing all to find my car I don´t understand why this happen every single vlms start to me. Managed to avoid it and it gained me two places in the process as they made a second contact with eachother.

Lacking a bit of speed apparently it was quite a lonely first stint but all going to plan up to 8th after the pit stop but then Speedymite got collected and I did hardly see him before the car was right infront of me out of the second mulsanne chicane. 14 minutes in the pits. A shame with some amazing luck there and we would have fought for the win but I wasn´t even close to manage to solve it. Rickard and Robert put in some flawless stints except the last misshap of course so overall a superb race for us with worst result possible.

Hope we will see some better p2 driving in the vec race appeared we where all crashing.
Really sucks you got caught up in that, I watched your onboard when I was reviewing the replay and yeah with the gt right in front of you you wouldn't have seen hardly anything, seriously unlucky.

Agree let's have a great race in VEC, and best of luck to Swedish.

Alex Schmurtz

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Can you post your system specs please.
Also have you done anything to the nvidia settings?
Specs: Intel Core i5 3,4 GHz | 8 Go DDR3 1600 MHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 Go | Windows 7 Home | 2560x1080 screen > this is an iMac with dual boot OsX/Win 7, I hope it is not too exotic for reports?

And yes, I left untouched the nvidia settings I have since earlier dx9 versions…:cautious: That's maybe a bad idea?
Please find attached my nvidia settings (and in game settings if needed).

Thank you for looking into this! :thumbsup: (y)

Nvidia-rF2-1.PNG Nvidia-rF2-1.PNG rFactor2 2018-04-29 11-14-37-49.jpg

Attachments

David Jundt

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Got a freeze between Tertre Rouge and the kink on la ligne droite des Hunaudières, when I was about to catch a black Ferrari(maybe David Serras car?). Put me several metres back all of a sudden.

I hope I got the right trace file here, it's quite big, so I guess it's the full +3 hour stint I did.

Attachments

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Got a freeze between Tertre Rouge and the kink on la ligne droite des Hunaudières, when I was about to catch a black Ferrari(maybe David Serras car?). Put me several metres back all of a sudden.

I hope I got the right trace file here, it's quite big, so I guess it's the full +3 hour stint I did.
Do you have any memory of lap count, timestamp or anything?

Elise Skinner

Reaction score
Well... Where do I begin with our race...

Qualifying was a pain being help up by GT's for almost every lap meaning we could only manage our usual qualifying place.

The start of the race had us laughing and playing elevator music (please up the formation lap speed for VEC because holy heck that took FOREVER!) Whilst trundling around the Circuit and with a good start we managed to hold station... That was until the Dunlop Bridge.. a small coming together with the realish P2 sent them off and then us off when they executed order "instant revenge" :p. Incident reviewed by all of us and it was 50/50 so we just got on with the recovery drives. That was also until the Dunlop bridge on LAP 2 when us and the Gaming Events car came together at the same EXACT spot. This gave us many minutes of damage repairs and put us about two to three laps out on strategy.

The race then was pretty stable until we came up against two LMP2 prototypes who were a lap down to us who were driving... How do i word this... With a very... Interesting view on how the blue flag situation works :p.

Almost being taken out by the RMS ACAS car three times whilst trying to lap them was interesting but nevertheless we survived and didn't get any damage so fairs fair.

The race was pretty quiet after that with the mandatory VLMS Code 80's helping us and Aiding us with some humour as Talbot decided it'd be funny to have an altercation with Virtual Bernd Marylander :lol: :Laugh:.

Pretty quiet race again after that with David Jundt in the car until our, sadly, short lived fight with the Seawolf car..

All in all coming home to finish P9 and (unless the champ table updates to serve me incorrect) inside the top 10 in the championship I am happy of that.

Genuinely a massive thanks to @Jimmi Allison and @Bernd Schmidt for keeping this show on the road and cheers to Neil for forgetting his own team's mantra and also for allowing me to hop in for the final Hour <3

And obviously a Massive thanks to @Thomas Hinss @Marc Veit and @David Jundt for the work this year. Been a pleasure. Whether you three are part of the VLMS line up or not it'll be a pleasure to continue working with you in the coming year during our next series :D

Can't wait for Season three and the VEC Le Mans 24 in just over a month.

#17 Idos Motorsport LMP2
D. Jundt
M. Veit
T. Hinss
IMG_20180426_230111.jpg

Last edited:

Lorenzo Tortella

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Awesome race yesterday, at least for the endless battle with Alex, really beautiful, i apologize for the little touch @Alex Braeutigam i came out in traction but i do not think it caused us damage. One of the best races, i am very happy to make battles with people so correct like Alex. :)

After driver change we were really unlucky with an accident from a lag and a blackout... yes a blackout for my brother :Cry: :crying:

Tom Young

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Me and @Michael Grossberger had a great time yesterday, along with @Simon David Scott (who had pre-wedding duties) we've come a long way in our Viper since the start of the season. With a little help from @Matheus Machado and the Talking Door VEC guys, we managed to minimise our early season top speed deficit and build a beautiful car to drive around this circuit. Sadly the artificial landmark of a sub 4 minute race lap was juuuust out of reach, but considering where we were at Indianapolis I feel we've allowed the Viper to show what it's capable of.

Our race itself was pretty uneventful, but still a major success for us. @Michael Grossberger qualified in P11 and by the time I took over was up to P7, thanks to some bad luck from those ahead of us in GT. My stint was quiet, although I made the mistake of taking on fresh tyres at my first stop, when I should have double stinted. This lost us 40 seconds, but it wouldn't have changed our outcome, so I got away with it. At some point we were in 4th, and all the while @David Serra was making us anxious by charging up behind us. My triple stint was stretched out by the code 80's mid race, so Michael took over for the final 1.5 hours with David around 20 seconds behind us. Fortunately for us the Ferrari behind us had to do a full pitstop & driver swap while we only needed a fuel top up, so Michael was able to cruise home and take 4th - equalling our season best finish at Suzuka.

Thanks to the organisers, broadcast team, and our competitors for making this a great season to take part in. Our community primarily organises events for Project Cars 2, and our exploits here and elsewhere have inspired more of our members to get involved in endurance racing and rF2. We already have @Andrew Stokoe in the upcoming Academy season, and we have others who have tried (and failed) to get in the entry list on time, so you can expect to see more of our drivers come along to play next season, and maybe even an entry into the VEC!

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 12.30.31.png

David Hart

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
I had a freeze round 12642.
i5 4670 , 1080ti, 32gb, 10Pro, player json was a clean install in the morning with only network settings changed to suit my connection.

Attachments

Alex Braeutigam

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Awesome race yesterday, at least for the endless battle with Alex, really beautiful, i apologize for the little touch @Alex Braeutigam i came out in traction but i do not think it caused us damage. One of the best races, i am very happy to make battles with people so correct like Alex. :)

After driver change we were really unlucky with an accident from a lag and a blackout... yes a blackout for my brother :Cry: :crying:
That was definitely a great fight @Lorenzo Tortella! Congrats for this strong performance defending successfully for over 2 hours :thumbsup: (y). Thank you so much for a lot of fun, i think the viewers and commentators enjoyed this pretty much!

I was getting really frustrated trying to beat this speedy Aston Martin Power. Hopefully others will suffer from this in a couple of weeks when i will drive this speedy beauty in the VEC :p.

Of course a little bit disappointed by the unfortunate engine blow up by my teammate, but in the end, P5 in the championship standings for our both russian rookies @Alexey Zagorodnev and @Boris Vakholsky. Good job guys!

Congrats to 1Aco for the championship titels in both classes! Deserved!

Thanks to @Jimmi Allison and @Bernd Schmidt for their work throughout the whole VLMS season. Cya!

April Carlsvard

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I'm really thrilled to end the season with that result. Thank you @Bernd Schmidt, @Jimmi Allison and everyone else at SRC who makes these things happen. You lot are brilliant and I'm grateful for everything you do here. :D

Also, thank you for the last minute driver lineup change, allowing @Campbell Wallis to join us for a single race after Craig was incapacitated. It would have been a shame to end this season with a DQ/non-start for only having one driver. But once we had the means to end this season with an actual race, I was determined to at least bring it home. Anything less simply wasn't a good enough way to cap off the season.

I hadn't prepared at all for qualifying so spent the session just on my race setup with less fuel. The result probably shows this, qualifying second to last. But that didn't put me off. It never does. If anything, it just made me look forward to the race even more. So for every race lap I had I tried to make the most of it. Put up a fight when I felt like we had something to fight for, stay on strategy targets, try to make the right calls during code 80s, etc. But I have to commend Campbell for that roll. As accidents that could afflict us during the race go, I'm glad it was something as glorious as rolling the car! Nothing I did quite compares to that. :thumbsup: (y) This is why I love racing with Realish.

Thank you everyone who made this season exciting, and good luck everyone in future races.

It's been an absolute pleasure driving with @James Price-Harper, @Craig Woollard and @Campbell Wallis. They're a set of fantastic attitudes to share a car with!

David Hart

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
First off thanks to @Bernd Schmidt and @Jimmi Allison and all others involved in providing us the chance to race here. Congratulations to 1Aco on both championships.
Bit of a quiet second for us as (owing to some idiot.....read me......getting the set up wrong), we never had the pace to trouble the front runners in the race, but a great improvement on our Season 1 efforts overall so can't be too sad :p. Been great fun over the season racing with you all so thanks to all of you that took part.