What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 7 - Sebring

Allie Ferrie

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
God, I am so utterly totally beyond pissed. I mean yeah, we took our best result of the season (6th), Kyran did a fantastic job, I was only moderately incompetent and Bernd did his usual great job of race directing. Also the GT got a point despite its run of tragi-comedic bad luck.

And yet I am still angry. Why? I have to run rF2 in fullscreen mode because otherwise I get weird FPS problems caused by my 2 monitor setup. Yet today for some reason, despite rF2 not having alt-tabbed itself to desktop, it was running like it was. I was forced to drive round with a framerate that was so low as to negatively affect my performance and my head, but not so bad as to need to bail out the game for safety. It had been running fine all day in practice...

THEN, after I left the pits ahead of Talbot in the SpeedyMite, I was bemused to find a Ferrari GT car hanging onto my tail through the bends and matching my speed down the backstraight. So in a confusion (but not without a few bumps, sorry, I was too busy being baffled to drive cleanly) this GT car gets past me, only for my teammates to inform me that's actually Talbot in the LMP2. I have never seen this bug before and unfortunately I was not running trace.

THEN, @Henning Wollert graciously apologised for his involvement in an incident with our GT car. Only he did it via a poke*. Which meant that now my windows taskbar was emblazoned across my screen, flashing at me. My FPS was acting even more weirdly, and I couldn't touch any buttons on my keyboard because I know from past experience that if I do so I usually get a CTD or a minimise to desktop. This meant I couldn't change my brake bias in the final half hour of the race as it dried up, and my two half spins that lost us a chance at 4th and dropped us to 6th were caused by trying to push with unsettled brakes.

*Don't poke people still driving for the same reason Bernd doesn't want to get poked. Boo! Hiss!

Henning Wollert

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
OMG, Allie ... I haven't been aware ... Sorry for that, too. Another misjudgement of mine.

Boris Vakholsky

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Crazy second part of the race. Didn't expect rain, visibility was disgusting, plus fps was pretty low in the rain, fortunately there were no big mistakes. And suddenly we found ourselves on 4th position in class. Good result considering penalty at the start.

Shane Burke

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
I spun under C80 at the hairpin and nearly took out my teammate by spinning again.. That was my highlights. Who ever had a SimTech voodoo doll please stop.

Hermann Stocchi

VLMS
SRC Season pass
It was a good race until a P2 pushed me into the barrier on lap 8. At least, (with some luck) we finish P8.

Last edited:

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Good result after some penalties for misstakes last round. Had some issues during pit stop and some collatoral damage when some p2s spun after T16 but was lucky with some well timed code 80s and rain certainly always helps :)

Now just wonder how people get their single lap performances.

Jordy Zwiers

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass

ba ba ba babum babum ba ba babum babumbum bum bum badum dabum! YES! FINALLY, FINALLY my first win in rF2 and no place better to do it, in VLMS. I am so happy, was super awesome sharing the car with @Brian van Beusekom as usual, I am so so happy :D:D:D After he put in an insane lap, we started P2, matching our best starting position in VLMS :thumbsup: (y) He had a little scary moment but all good, then later I got into the car, and the showers openend, I couldnt have been happier. No laps in the wet made it scary but I managed to adapt quickly, though I made one stupid mistake but luckily didnt cost us too much so I went going again and started hunting the front. After I climbed up to P4 from P10, it was Brian who kept it clean and kept on pushing in the wet. Not taking tires on the final stop gave us a massive boost and it was the right call as he was still on pace, and after 1aco was short on fuel we finished 45 seconds in the lead. Still super happy with this result, finally I got my first win :D Now lets calm down a bit :lol: :Laugh: and do my second VEC race and try and repeat it there :)

Last edited:

Yabin Wang

VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
A shameful day for us, the race was going pretty well until I had to get in to the car,David was catching up David Hart and then we had a bug/problem with the driver swap (Afaik 1aco and Realish were also involved in problems with the driver swap) then rejoined some laps behind the leader and 2 laps before getting in to the car we were wrecked by Witchwood I think when they rejoined the track imo unsafely. Now we are looking forward to end the season the best way possible.
Congrats to P2 and GTE class winners and see you at Le Mans!

Lance Garassino

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Want to put out a massive apology for the race during my stint, for the first time ever I experienced "Slow down" that people have spoken about. Its the weirdest thing as the sound is there in real time but you cant do a damn thing about it until the havoc is over. There were 2 incidents that I cause due to this and again I am sorry, I don't even know who was involved. I had it a 3rd time and luckily no-one was around for this.

The weird part of all of this is that I have done quite a few races already without doing a single setting change for months and then bam, unfortunately I don't have any trace files of what what as its always been a case of "this hasn't happened to me so why put them on".

Luckily I enjoy driving in the rain so that was nice to come into. A big shout out to my teammate for the race he kept it cool and consistent, well done Chris! Thanks to all those involved in allowing us to race.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
It is very important to run trace, there is many thing that is impossible to reproduce. Please everyone turn it on now.
Trace Directions.png

David Hart

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Bit of excitement as we finally got our first win at an SRC event :).

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Thanks Bernd for running the event and to Jimmi for filling in.

Great event, had an excellent time, didn't even mind the rain.

Have to say when the game works, nothing is as good as the experience you get here! After our disaster with the AI stealing our car last round, I'm left with a completely different feeling today.

Thanks to everyone for taking part and best of luck heading into le man's!

Tjeerd Feddema

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
Eventful race. Pace was fine, stayed out of trouble until the AI decided to take over the car during the driver swap.
However, I was not impressed with the P2's. You guys were really in a hurry!

This is not how to pass a GT! And this is not the only example, P2's almost divebombing to desperately get in front, overtaking on the outside on the last corner (only possible if you are side by side at the entry of the corner.) Please be a bit more patient.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="
" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Hermann Stocchi

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Eventful race. Pace was fine, stayed out of trouble until the AI decided to take over the car during the driver swap.
However, I was not impressed with the P2's. You guys were really in a hurry!

This is not how to pass a GT! And this is not the only example, P2's almost divebombing to desperately get in front, overtaking on the outside on the last corner (only possible if you are side by side at the entry of the corner.) Please be a bit more patient.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="
" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Probably is the same guy who ruined my race.

Last edited:

Tommaso Tortella

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
We took a stop and go at the second cut of the track (also confirmed by the race result). I remembered that the sim gave a penalty to the cut of track n3.
What escapes me?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
We took a stop and go at the second cut of the track (also confirmed by the race result). I remembered that the sim gave a penalty to the cut of track n3.
What escapes me?
Is this suppose to be a question?
If it is, then heres an answer :) If the cut was considered big enough by the algorithm - then a penalty can be applied even without a single warning.

Tommaso Tortella

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
I understood, thanks.
Sometimes the algorithm should understand that a long one is already a huge disadvantage and it would be worth saving the penalty :D