What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 6 - Silverstone

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Server is rebooted, remember only the starting driver is now allowd to join

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
apologies to RGPL AI stole our car!!!!

@Bernd Schmidt @Jimmi Allison should we submit an IRR for this one just to show when it occurred (also have a trace if you want it)? it also sped under code 80 before I hit esc.... I think you should give the AI a race ban!

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
apologies to RGPL AI stole our car!!!!

@Bernd Schmidt @Jimmi Allison should we submit an IRR for this one just to show when it occurred (also have a trace if you want it)? it also sped under code 80 before I hit esc.... I think you should give the AI a race ban!
Please do that, because that way its easier to remember that it needs review. Submit a link for the trace in the IRR please.

Shane Burke

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
Selling 2 Oreca LMP2s. Going for free! Just take them off us please. They come with no spares because we ran out of them.. Still 30 minutes of fuel left in the one that flipped over a wall.

Attachments

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Selling 2 Oreca LMP2s. Going for free! Just take them off us please. They come with no spares because we ran out of them.. Still 30 minutes of fuel left in the one that flipped over a wall.
Should we consider this a retirement?

Tobias Lange

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Does LMP1 cars need the same fuel like LMP2 cars? If yes, I want the car with the fuel (The fuel only would be also fine) :D

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
That was a good race but it looked to be a classical race in t2 with speedymite spinning totally out of control. Not knowing where to go because I know wherever I go that car would try to tag me with my luck I went off track but looking at the replay it was insanely close anyway. Trying to find a way back in the race and sneak into the T3 a P2 came at a higher pace having the same idea hope it didn´t cause to much headaches. Hard hit but was able to continue with some suspension damage from the middle of the GT pack to get up to 13th at the end.

No more troubles and great driving from my team mates and on the right strategy the entire race had us up to 3rd like half of the p2 grid at some point it seemed like. Some misstakes on worn tires in tough conditions made it to hard to keep though.

Also on the formation laps there was cars leaving huge gaps to the car ahead. Not just a car length or two.

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
aw man that was our cleanest race so far XD dat was goody, it sucks Raijin GT had issues on their pitstop, also IDOS and SImtech, dat sucked ;/
congrats to the stream team and the race director! he was awake all race wich was nice :p
anywho some spam for u ---->

Craig Woollard

SR.C License 4
Our report:

It rained. There were incidents. Tried slicks a bit early. Still one point in five races. Oops.

Elise Skinner

Our report:

VLMS Silverstone was one of our most heartbreaking races in the team's history..
From what would of been such an incredible high became such an incredible low within 50 minutes just shows how brutal things can be... Nevertheless we're coming back for Sebring stronger and faster than ever!

With us being seriously consistent we managed to work from P11 to P8 on track for the majority of the race. With the rain causing issues for teams, Hinssy just kept the car on the black stuff at a quick enough pace to jump us to P4.

With us being one fuel stop off of Swedish Simracers we didn't think we'd make it until the heavens opened and gave us a miracle which meant we were able to jump onto the wets with a full tank of fuel meaning we were on the same strategy as the #19.

After the final stop it was down to who could barge their way past the easiest and I'm sorry Swedish Simracers but you need to try harder . Apologies for that defending move though .
It was an amazing fight to watch even though I was having multiple moments where I couldn't watch without me almost seeing a blue oreca in the back of us .

It was an amazing show by us and the disconnect was seriously uncharacteristic for us and a freak thing.

Congrats once again to 3Wide for taking P1 with 1Aco P2 (we were closing yknow ) and Draco taking P3 after tht chaotic final 15 minutes.

See you all for Sebring!

Last edited:

Tom Young

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Despite our strong pace in the wet, we had a bit of a nightmare in car #99. Following the unforecast showers pre-race, we wanted to re-create our Fuji tyre gamble by starting on inters. We were hoping an early rain shower would get us track position, and then stay at the front with our decent wet biased setup. I fell back on the slower tyre waiting for the rain to come, and eventually called it quits just before the 1st hour to come in for slick tyres. Of course on @Michael Grossberger's outlap the heavens opened, and we were forced to pit again.

We then made our second blunder by changing to inters, and not wets. The track became far too wet, and we were forced to pit again 5 laps later. My team mate put in a mega stint, consistently lapping as fast as the front runners. When it was my turn to take over, I chose the wrong tyre again, and had to pit for full wets as the monsoon arrived. Again our pace was good in the heavier rain, and we closed into the points. I pitted early to hand over to Michael to make best use of fresh wet tyres, and his brilliant pace. The last 20 minutes were nail biting as we were closing in on P6 at a rate of 4 seconds a lap :eek: In the end, we needed 1 more lap as we crossed the line 2 seconds behind the ROTW car.

So, after a series of bad strategy calls from myself, we finished in P7. Without our extra stops, we may have been in the top 5, but I feel proud of our efforts to recover back into the points. Lots of lessons learned, and a big confidence boost in our wet weather package ;) We're praying for (consistant!) rain for the rest of the season...

Gasper Zupan

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Congrats to all podium holders and the rest of survivers for making it to the end :p
Another nice race for our team. We started with 30s S&G from Interlagos and a donut ;) After late breakfast in the pits, we started from the back of the field. Božo did great job in first stint with keeping the car on the road with minimum damage. No luck with code 80s and unfortunate 20mins use of dry tires (forced to switch to wets), didn't help us at all. Mr. Grebenc took over the car for 2nd stint and we decided to gamble with dry tires. As mentioned, that worked for us for only 20mins until the rain came. We switched to wets and went to the end of race. We finished it with less than 0.5l of fuel left in the tank, a point in the bag and hopefully, without penalties. Pace - wise, Mr. Grebenc did the fastest stint since our VLMS journey. It was our first VLMS race, where I had to suggest him to slow down a bit, as he had top3 pace at one stage of race. I tried to prevent him falling into Grebendonado mode :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:
Stream was great again and kind words of race director at the end of the race just put the cherry on top for the organization part of event. Thank you.

Last edited: