What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 5 - Interlagos

Nico Barclay

Reaction score
woot woot no p2 violated me :p 1aco report >>>

The aston might need some love, i think the Corvette can do 1 more lap of fuel on full mix map while we did 1 less on mix 5, i thirsty circuit like istambul we had to to do a splash we had similar levels of wing.

@Gasper Grebenc im sorry u ended up spinning i was on ur outside laping u :/ guess i was on ur blind spot
@Hermann Stocchi i wasnt too annoyed with u unlaping urself on new tyres while i was on used ones what i felt crazy is catching u 15 laps later, love ur tyres :3 dont go too crazy flashing ;)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Let me get this right, so because a Corvette on Interlagos (or Istambul?? i usually call it Istanbul btw :p ) did one less pitstop than your Aston it should be instantly BOP´ed?
The cars are quite equal - even though people think its not or people even thought there was no need for BOP´ing the "perfectly balanced URD cars" it takes more than that to BOP a car Aston has other advantages- when doing a fastest lap 0.4 ahead of a pretty much garthered top 5 i think its not too bad for endurance infact i´ll call it incredible..yes? :p
Infact if you look at the pitstops i see some Aston´s doing one less stop than what you did.

Fabio Cangioli

Reaction score
No luck for our #76 Witchwood car, Gabriele had a technical issue already in the first laps of the race, basically something with the screws and he was fighting with a really wobbly wheel, he served his 2 DT's and was able to continue because the issue was not worsening apparently, but soon he suffered a doubleshift in the first corner and the engine did not survived that. :(

@Olivier Fortin just for information, before your driverswap issue, Gabriele reported that your name appeared as passenger on our car.

Per Oqvist

Reaction score
Sure was an action packed race. As for the briefing it was said you where not allowed to cross the pit exit line. I looked left right and center for an exception to that rule in the race thread but didn´t find any. We tried to adhere to it but it was just about impossible. And a ton of p2s seem to disregard that entirely so the intention wasit to be allowed to cross the pit exit line if on the track and it´s just for cars coming out of the pits? Otherwise it will be an average of over 15 dts per p2 for next race from what I saw and we will get a huge advantage with just some 7 or 8 or so ;)

Hermann Stocchi

Reaction score
@Nico Barclay Sorry if i bothered you, wasn't my intention, i was desperately trying to recover as much positions as possible after we have to serve 5 DT, to much damage during my second stint. Glad you gave me the position after 1 lap :)

Last edited:

Olivier Fortin

Reaction score
No luck for our #76 Witchwood car, Gabriele had a technical issue already in the first laps of the race, basically something with the screws and he was fighting with a really wobbly wheel, he served his 2 DT's and was able to continue because the issue was not worsening apparently, but soon he suffered a doubleshift in the first corner and the engine did not survived that. :(

@Olivier Fortin just for information, before your driverswap issue, Gabriele reported that your name appeared as passenger on our car.
Ok thanks for the info, its even more weird hahaha @Fabio Cangioli

Gasper Grebenc

Reaction score
This race looked kinda promising in terms of repeating our top 5 from the very first round at Indianapolis. I was doing P6 before things went wrong on my fault.

@Shawn Jacobs and SpeedyMite i'm truly sorry for ruining your race.:( I saw you coming behind and somehow wanted to let you have as much space as possible on the outside. While doing this i went and point a car way to much on the kerb, which pushed and settled the car way wider on exit than usual. In process of fighting the unbalanced car i didn't really know your exact position and hoped u saw my mistake with kerb but unfortunetly you were already mostly by my side or at least very close to me.

@Nico Barclay i'm sorry i should let you and two other guys by a lot sooner. I was waaay too settled in thought "they should initiate a pass and i should release and let by then" I horribly failed at that. Hopefully no damage to you, that would affect your driving. I got my lesson here with some repairs needed.

I can definetly say that all that came from overconfidence since i mostly driven clean races in the past when it comes to possitions and letting others by.
I apologise again and since i'm not very biased to that kind of driving and did not do much harm to others in previus races, i'm taking a biiig lesson out of this race especially for knowing the guilt of ruining someones race. :(

Shawn Jacobs

Reaction score
Sure was an action packed race. As for the briefing it was said you where not allowed to cross the pit exit line. I looked left right and center for an exception to that rule in the race thread but didn´t find any. We tried to adhere to it but it was just about impossible. And a ton of p2s seem to disregard that entirely so the intention wasit to be allowed to cross the pit exit line if on the track and it´s just for cars coming out of the pits? Otherwise it will be an average of over 15 dts per p2 for next race from what I saw and we will get a huge advantage with just some 7 or 8 or so ;)
:) I'm 99% sure that was when exiting the pits. Hopefully anyways. I tried not to in practice and almost completely cleaned up poor Nico since the pit line crosses quite far across the track. In previous races I believe it's been allowed, just not to cross when exiting.

This race looked kinda promising in terms of repeating our top 5 from the very first round at Indianapolis. I was doing P6 before things went wrong on my fault.

@Shawn Jacobs and SpeedyMite i'm truly sorry for ruining your race.:( I saw you coming behind and somehow wanted to let you have as much space as possible on the outside. While doing this i went and point a car way to much on the kerb, which pushed and settled the car way wider on exit than usual. In process of fighting the unbalanced car i didn't really know your exact position and hoped u saw my mistake with kerb but unfortunetly you were already mostly by my side or at least very close to me.

@Nico Barclay i'm sorry i should let you and two other guys by a lot sooner. I was waaay too settled in thought "they should initiate a pass and i should release and let by then" I horribly failed at that. Hopefully no damage to you, that would affect your driving. I got my lesson here with some repairs needed.

I can definetly say that all that came from overconfidence since i mostly driven clean races in the past when it comes to possitions and letting others by.
I apologise again and since i'm not very biased to that kind of driving and did not do much harm to others in previus races, i'm taking a biiig lesson out of this race especially for knowing the guilt of ruining someones race. :(

Thank you for the kind words Gasper, I am also to blame it was a move that did have some risk taking the outside and yeah I completely missed that you clipped the inside kerb, I later saw on replay which made more sense then, my initial thought was just that I hadn't been seen. It was a big lesson for me, Im still working on the balance between caution vs aggression. I'm am usually incredibly cautious but am finding I'm losing out so I stepped it up a notch and it ended badly. Next week I won't be driving around the outside there lol

All the best in Sebring.

Last edited:

Gasper Zupan

Reaction score
First of all, congratulations to winners and others on podium.
As my teammate already explained, this was not the easiest event for our team. I had several power and connection outages on Saturday morning that helped to spice things up.. at least for me hehe o_O.
Anyway we started race weekend in full lineup. Gasper put us on P12 for race, with small gaps to our rivals for championship points. He did excellent job in first part of race and after an hour of racing we were on P6. We filled the fuel tank and Gasper went on for his 2nd stint. Things went slightly wrong for us at that part, so after driver swap we were on p15 with 7 laps down. I somehow felt we still have a chance for points so we put our heads down and hoped for the best. Bozo went out and managed to bring our sugababe back to pits for fuel and driver swap on P12 - without any damage. Well.. he took stop&go "schnell kurs" during his stint. We were still 5+ laps down to a point holding team, when I took over the wheel. Things did not look very promising and my goal was to bring the car home without damage and penalties. At one point Bozo came on team radio and explained that we are only 3 laps behind point holders and that 10th team is still in pits. That brought smile to my face. We were on P10 after 3 laps. Same thing happened for P9. My tires fell asleep for a few laps and I earned 2 cut warrnings, but tires came back so that last few laps were no drama, just cruising the car to finish line.

Thank you all at SRC for managing and preparing the race for us. It was great experiance as always :thumbsup: (y)

See you all in USA ;)

Tony Mella

Reaction score
Quick sum up of our race because i'm quite lazy hah

We had 4 DTs so not much to hope, even though we were far from being the only one penalized. After our DTs we were like 10th or 11th. We then started to grind, with some cool battles, but also some contacts (including one where i supposedly didn't respect the line of the GT even though i was on the kerb at the exit of turn 3 and the GT actually went onto my line, resulting in dmg on my rear left suspension) that damaged the car a bit, slowing us down a little bit.
Then Thomas took the wheel. We were in a good spot to be P4/P5, but the #5 cut our line and the 2nd hairpin when Thomas lapped him (+ another contact after that with the #7), resulting in heavier damages that made us lose 5km/h in the straights, so we were way slower this time. We still decided to not repair them since it'd cost us too much time.

But in the end we "only" finish P6, which is not bad considering the fact that we had 4 DTs. And i didn't got bored anytime during the race which is cool :)

Craig Woollard

Reaction score
I'm not moaning about the warning at all, but I would like to seek clarification over what exactly was so unpredictable about my driving so I know for next time should a similar situation arise.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not moaning about the warning at all, but I would like to seek clarification over what exactly was so unpredictable about my driving so I know for next time should a similar situation arise.
Driving down the straight in the middle of the track with 2 faster cars approaching, and then moving slighty to the right when braking, while you brake well ahead of time into the corner it was to allow the passing driver to..well pass, but you should have been more clear on what you wanted to do. If you were on the far right of the circuit, the situation could have been very much different. Note you are not blamed for the contact, merely because we found you unpredictable.

David Serra

Reaction score
Driving down the straight in the middle of the track with 2 faster cars approaching, and then moving slighty to the right when braking, while you brake well ahead of time into the corner it was to allow the passing driver to..well pass, but you should have been more clear on what you wanted to do. If you were on the far right of the circuit, the situation could have been very much different. Note you are not blamed for the contact, merely because we found you unpredictable.
despite this, I think I should not have received such a harsh punishment.

we accept the stop and go (60s), but it's not fair

What kind of races do we want to see?

I repeat, the fault is mine for hitting the car in front, but braking 100 meters before is still my fault?

Last edited: