What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 5 - Interlagos

Lorenzo Arisi

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
@Niky Lence will start the race for the #42 Reborn Racer entry today. I was deemed to start the race, entered practice and was in the server until about 5 mins to the end of GT qualy, but I'm currently experiencing connection issues, hope it's still ok to proceed like this.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
@Niky Lence will start the race for the #42 Reborn Racer entry today. I was deemed to start the race, entered practice and was in the server until about 5 mins to the end of GT qualy, but I'm currently experiencing connection issues, hope it's still ok to proceed like this.
You are slighty lagging, i am reviewing but team members of Lorenzo should stay very much alert to Teamspeak messages from Bernd or me.

Brian van Beusekom

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
I had the weirdest thing happen in qualifying. A yellow box car appeared right in front of me. I believe it was the simtech car but I'm not sure. Sorry for that but as you can see there was nothing I could do:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I had the weirdest thing happen in qualifying. A yellow box car appeared right in front of me. I believe it was the simtech car but I'm not sure. Sorry for that but as you can see there was nothing I could do:

That is indeed very weird, can you please remind us in an IRR when the race is over and we have uploaded the replay please?

Sherwin vd Sloot

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
@Brian van Beusekom , @Jimmi Allison , That would have been me. To explain briefly, LMP qualifying was already going when I had to step in to the #3 SimTech as emergency driver due to hardware failure for Luke. I walked off to prepare. When I came back I saw a private chat from Bernd asking me to make sure I would do a couple laps before race start. I took this as a sign to join the server and I went out and did a lap. I asked my teammates if Q was over but got no reply. Turned out I had everything muted still in TeamSpeak from when I walked off.

So me joining and going out with qualifying still going was on me. The way my "blob" popped up in front of you out of nowhere makes no sense to me. I did my best to stay out of the way...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
@Sherwin vd Sloot ah okay. I was already a tenth or two down so it's no problem that it happend. The thing was your car appearing out of nowhere like that. Both of us couldn't have done anything to prevent that.

@Jimmi Allison I guess an IRR is no longer necessary then?
Yeah, we asked Sherwin to join, simply to avoid a join in Warm up that would lead to issues on the grid file.

Andrew Ford

VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
Reaction score
When I have the energy. I will write a report. THAT was a lot of fun! Thanks everybody!

Craig Woollard

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
Well, that was eventful again. @April Carlsvard had just the one drive-through to serve but picked up a penalty in the race itself. Track limits seemed to be an issue for us unfortunately. Otherwise she had a relatively clean stint bar some suspension damage. During our off-sequence stop, we had an issue which meant I had to force restart the game. So that cost us a bit of time. Then there was an incident at T4 where a GT shoved me off the track. 749s of pit damage later (I should add that this cost the #54 a points-scoring finish) it was just a case of cruising to the finish. Two stop-go penalties for track limits later (two infractions were painfully unlucky) we finished 12th in class or whatever it was.

That was a shame. We didn't have much outright pace but we had some consistency in the car. April did a really good job in setting the car up with so little time considering how intense a season both of us are doing is.

This is the third race I've done this season and the third time I've been carelessly taken out by somebody and it's starting to annoy me a bit.

Arwin Taruna

SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
The pit incident with craig was terribly embarassing. I was late to realize that the gap between pitboxes are very narrow. sorry Craig and thanks to the steward to decide give the DT live. After the contact i suffered damage and drag penalty. It makes the spectacle good to watch allowing Russell closing in since my pace dropped 1.5 secs per lap. Im all sweaty and finally we can hold on to take first place in the class. Hats off to Barclay since he did most of the work... and well done all finishers!