What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 5 - Estoril

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
race was going so good, too much maybe :confused:

driverswap went mad the same way as to Joe Ciampa, everything was fine but at the end of the pitstop both me and Nicola were driving. I think my car was not visible to the others because a car hitted me so with this doubt I came back to the pit to repair (we were on code 80 so it was not dangerous as no car was behind me) while Nicola was still driving normally. I repaired the car but AI took control of my car so I immediatley pressed ESC while I was still in the pitlane. At same time Nicola's game crashed. He was able to rejoin the race but he had to repair for 350 seconds (my car damage maybe).
Oh livetiming said Nicola was driving, livestream was showing my name.

Sorry we have no trace files...we will activate it for the future.

Anyway I had great fun on track, congrats to all drivers and teams ;)

Daniel Miebach

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
No matter, if we start in VEC or VLMS ... Everything seems to go wrong this season...

After Christian had a good start and a very lucky moment serving the drivethroug, we were still in 6th place and were able to get up to the second place. Then everything seemed to get wrong, as Christian came after a bit more than two hours to the PitStop, when we wanted to do a driverswap... In the middle of the pitstop it started to rain, when we already changed our tires to a new set of hard's... But the worst is now to come... During the Pitstop everything seemed to be normal, the countdown was counting towards zero and and I gained control of the car, stepped on the gas, but the car justed moved only millimeter, while I was hearing the tire squeaking ... At that moment Christian was asking me, why he still had controll of the car... I told him then, just to do another lap to change tires to the wet's, while I could try to rejoin again ... While I pressed ESC my game crashed ... So as I rejoined the Server as spectator Christans Car was shown to me in the timing as an AI Car... Immediately as i pushed P to ride with him, my game crashed again... I tried it two more times, while Christian was continuing drive ... Then I decided to reboot my PC, but there was no help ... Christian noticed while driving that his laps weren't counted and seemed to be invisible to other, because he got 2 touches by P2's seeming not to recognize, that he was there ... Our last chance was, that I try to join the server as regular car ( spectator mode switched off ) and then was in pit, and could resume the race... ( Uploaded my tracefiles of this desaster ) It was a bit surprising to us, because we did a driverswap two weeks ago in the VEC in the same order ( I took the car from Cristian ) and there was everything fine.
So I had to do a whole lap on hard tires ... That was very difficult, but somehow I got the car around to the pits to get a set of wet tires ... After exiting the pit's I reallised, that we lost 8 Laps to the leading Scuderia Donopo car.. and were two laps behind the car in front of us ... A bit surprising it cleared out, we had an incredible pace in the wet, so we could push all the time during the rain and gaining a lot of time compared to all the other GT's ... I'm convinced, if we didn't have had the troubles with the driverswap, we could have closed the gap to Scuderia Donopo and giving them a good fight.

But somehow it fits to our Endurance Season, we are on most of the tracks on a very good pace, but bad luck stops us from getting good results ...

One more thing I just noticed, looking at the race results at the Pitstops category, there was someone or something driving 2 Percent without a drivername entry...

Attachments

Joe Nathan

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Quite appalling to see so many desperate lunges from prototypes, especially in turn two, so early in the race.

Otherwise I had fun racing the GT and filling in for the #154 team, ran in the top 5 for the majority of the first hour. I'm happy about that.

Shane Burke

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I noticed everyone had that rF freeze roughly at the same time as you could see it on stream and team mate seen lots of people have it. But after 5 minutes it was ok again.. Really hope this issue is fixed before Le Mans races

April Carlsvard

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Well, that was a funny end to the race. We asked Bernd if we could make a last minute lineup change to the Atlantic prototypes during Warmup, because we had 1 car with 3 drivers and 1 car with 1 driver after one of us got screwed by their ISP. So we asked if we could move 1 person so both cars had 2 drivers and got permission to do it (thank you again for that!)

So both our prototypes started without having to worry about the 70% rule... Or so we thought! We lost track of who'd done how much as we tried to adapt strategies for the rain, and @Allie Ferrie literally took the wheel with a minimum number of laps to drive before facing a DQ. Never before has watching the entire field cruise around in Code 80s made us so nervous. :p

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I noticed everyone had that rF freeze roughly at the same time as you could see it on stream and team mate seen lots of people have it. But after 5 minutes it was ok again.. Really hope this issue is fixed before Le Mans races
Share any trace logs and I will get it sent to S397 along with servers trace.
We can't sit on our hands with this issue and wait for a fix as it's too important.

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Once again, I just want to give an absolutely massive apology to @Tony Mella and the rest of the Ghost Motorsport guys, I essentially took you guys out of the race with a completely unnecessary move. Honestly I wouldn't blame you at all if you hate my guts after that one for a long time, really was probably the most astronomically stupid piece of driving I've ever done.
Indeed. But since you admit your fault i don't really care anymore, just don't do that kind of thing again lol

As for our race, well it was short, good qualifying that could've been even better if i didn't choke my 2nd sector everytime i improved the 1st one a ton, but 3rd place was quite satisfying.

So we had a penalty (which isn't logic since it was for a thing we already have been penalized for, i don't see the logic behind it tbh), but we were still confident about our strategy. The beginning of the race was actually awful, i don't know why but my game kept having micro-freezes that slowed me and prevented me from fighting with others - it even caused me a spin... I never had this problem before, and i had quite high fps (around 130) so i'd never doubt it would happen.
And then after my spin, boom, + the code 80 was ended way before i could rejoin the pits ??? was dangerous, "luckily" enough i didn't crash any car on my way

See you at A1 Ring, i guess, let's hope we won't experience any problem...

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
man late report, awesome race everybody is fast now theres atleast 6 cars that can win if they dont have penalties or incidents, its going to be stressfull for the chapionship contenders ;) . Anywho That sunset and rain was epic got so exited i made a sumary vid with the sun goin down :p enjoy and sorry for the dive bombs the p2 coudlnt accelerate on the hairpins :p made some nice pics with src will publish soon, enjoy !

Boyd Bryson

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
One more thing I just noticed, looking at the race results at the Pitstops category, there was someone or something driving 2 Percent without a drivername entry...
That was me Daniel. For some or other reason after we changed to wets and did a driver swop, my trackmap pit in lights never went off as I exited the pits. On teh broadcast it showed me as being in the pits when I Was actually on track. But it seemed to eventually come right and snapped me back into my correct position. Was very weird. I also ended up driving the whole stint i the rain with my pit lights right in my line of sight. Made for some very interesting racing :)
Maybe I should submit my log files for S397 to investigate ....

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Hi @Bernd Schmidt

As this is our very first penalty I was wondering if you might be able to reconsider the 60 second stop and hold for a code 80. For the first few rounds a majority of drivers received a drive through and I know the wording of the rules was updated

15.6 Any driver who exceeds 80km/h at any point during the Code 80 procedure is subject to penalties up to and including a 60 second stop/hold, so as to ensure no team gains an advantage.

But this doesn't state that the penalty must be 60 seconds, 60 seconds is the maximum, so as this is our very first offence any chance you could please reconsider the penalty?

Thank you in advance, appreciate your time.

Cheers

Shawn

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Hi @Bernd Schmidt

As this is our very first penalty I was wondering if you might be able to reconsider the 60 second stop and hold for a code 80. For the first few rounds a majority of drivers received a drive through and I know the wording of the rules was updated

15.6 Any driver who exceeds 80km/h at any point during the Code 80 procedure is subject to penalties up to and including a 60 second stop/hold, so as to ensure no team gains an advantage.

But this doesn't state that the penalty must be 60 seconds, 60 seconds is the maximum, so as this is our very first offence any chance you could please reconsider the penalty?

Thank you in advance, appreciate your time.

Cheers

Shawn
No i wont do that and i can explain you that in a short way. We've been very kindy at the beginning of the season, thats why there was only given DT penalties for and we've announced we'll be more harsh during the season, cause ppl have to learn. Trust me the rule is there since round 1 and it was me who said, lets start smooth for the first rounds and then follow the rule in his harshest way, cause the drivers has to be trained for VEC and how its handled there.

Cheers

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
No i wont do that and i can explain you that in a short way. We've been very kindy at the beginning of the season, thats why there was only given DT penalties for and we've announced we'll be more harsh during the season, cause ppl have to learn. Trust me the rule is there since round 1 and it was me who said, lets start smooth for the first rounds and then follow the rule in his harshest way, cause the drivers has to be trained for VEC and how its handled there.

Cheers
Understood Bernd, thank you for the response.

Cheers

Shawn

Thomas Hinss

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score

Well, swear I was slowing down in time for the Code 80's but I guess not, above gif is about the only PG-13 reaction I have for it.

I guess VEC and VLMS aren't for me is the other thing I've been thinking of late. I try to race for the fun of it and with how strict VLMS is, the fun just isn't there. All way too serious to me (kind of like sim racing as a whole tbf these days), just doesn't feel like there's any soul to it in my eyes anyway. With the horrid luck Dennis and myself have had in VEC this season (along with some general disgusting efforts from me specifically) I don't know if I'll drive again next season there either, without the banter and general fun it's all been quite a soulless and hollow experience. Sound like some sort of 70's hippie but that's how I see it for sim racing at my end at least.

Honestly I think I've had much more fun putting together the videos I have for SRC then actually racing in either VEC or VLMS, whether that's a sign of where my true passion lies I don't know but perhaps shows where I should focus my work with SRC on, just as an aside of sorts I guess.

Last edited:

Mitchell Smith

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
In the instance where #138 has three 60 stop and holds, can we serve them in one 180 second penalty or must we go through the pit lane three separate times?

Cheers.