What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 4 - Suzuka

Alexander vd Woude

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
ONE race director is sufficient, if the driving standard is better.
I think it is fair to say that this dosent really improve standards - not saying you are one of the bad drivers here - but 0 testing.. thats bad

Well merry christmas :p
I assume it is the GT... but no reason?
I see 9 cuts from the GT, and its bad since we removed the "normal" SRC cut tracks, so this is standard track cuts.
This is not something a race director can see and answer live anyways, however this might be a feature we can have in the future.

We will talk about how to improve, both from our perspective but also get the driving improved - i think we need to start demoting some drivers licenses and put them back into SRCA for a multiclass season - and no i dont care if you have won another leagues championship - if you do not meet the other drivers standards.
no, he's speaking solely for the p2 in this, us in the gt managed to gather 6 penalties at once, they all stacked, will post a screenshot of that when im back at the pc

Alexander vd Woude

VEC Division 4
SRC Season pass
Look now, you don't attain 8 track cuts in a single lap around Suzuka, that just doenst happend

here's a nice screenshot of that before i took over the car, spend the next 40 minutes in and out of the pits getting penalties

Attachments

I think Suzuka by far is the toughest circuit on the calendar for this type of racing. This was more like one of those messy IMSA races than anything. We've shown that we can have really clean races in the past, such as Fuji. So maybe it was the Christmas period in between or the lack of practice or what, but it was just messy on this occasion. Thankfully, Interlagos should be cleaner as it is more open, has run off and has considerably longer and straighter straights.

I've slept on it now and a lot of the incidents I had were very much just one of those things. I think salvaging a point given we lost a wheel is a fine effort.

Look now, you don't attain 8 track cuts in a single lap around Suzuka, that just doenst happend
Well that shows about as much to what happened as the text in the result file, i´ll review but it did happen - and will happen on this track if you do the exact same thing again.
Either we want strict rules and have some downsides to it, or we just dont care if people cut over grass and dont care about following rules. I understand it is frustating even on the edge of loosing your sanity when it happens. Again, if we can improve we will - but there will always be downsides to whatever choice we make.
The latest version of dev you are not able to move cut track edges, which is why i went ahead and removed our stricter rules, so when this happens it is at some point where you probably went through several patches of where you should not have been in the first place - not just "giving room" but running off track while doing so. If you dont mind, make an IRR, that way i´ll review it when i have the replay open anyways. At least this will help us a little bit :)

I see a few others having simular multiple penalties, if so - do an IRR and i will review.

VEC is a higher ranked higher in driving standards and its not been a problem this year. Here we've a lot of drivers who may have never raced LMP2, GT or even multiclass..
True, but still there has been 4 races done, we are halfway through the season.
I think driving sometimes is bad but I think the track choices bring some problems.
Well one can blame many things, such as it is night on server and harder, there were a little bit of confusion going on with penalties, but in the end - the drivers are those making mistakes, not the track which people have had one month to prepare for. Incidents will happen, even for the best driver, but sometimes one needs to take a step back and look at how things are going ;) From both perspective, not saying the track cant influence things, but well i dont even know what "bulletproof tracks" would be.
Remind you that each track needs editing - and there is several reasons behind them being picked :)

Jordy Zwiers

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Not the endresult we wanted... But we'll take the positives and hope to come back stronger! After our string of good results a bad one was bound to happen at some point. Qualified second, damn Borja is just too quick! :lol: :Laugh: It was so close till the amazing lap he put in at the end. I was watching it as I timed my last lap wrong, and I just could see from trackside it was a super quick lap, and it showed once he crossed the line, amazing lap. :thumbsup: (y) Either we were super unlucky with traffic, or I got to learn to manage traffic better (probably this), because I was losing out big time behind traffic compared to others. Some GTs were doing interesting stuff, but I managed to keep it in one piece. Unfortunately Brian had a small mistake and we had to repair the car (twice, not sure why) and that was race pretty much over unfortunately. Tried to make the best of it at the final stint and claimed my first fastest lap in SRC. See you at Interlagos :)

Tomasz Luty

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
It is always a lesson and that was a valuable one, onto the next race :)

Tom Young

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Me and @Michael Grossberger are very happy with our P4 finish, it was great to be posting competitive lap times in our Viper. Even with a fairly low downforce setup the car felt amazing through sector 1. Our usual problem with straight line speed was still there, but it didn't affect us too much around here. We had a mostly trouble free race on the track - we did had to repair some minor damage in the first stop, but the time delay didn't make a difference to our end result. We did benefit from the early penalty issues of the quicker GT cars, but I'm still happy with our performance in our hardest test yet. From my POV, the P2 traffic was intense but manageable. There were a few close calls, but it wasn't exceptionally worse than the previous rounds.

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
There hasn´t been any people on the servers the entire month everybody is practising traffic in race. I expected worse then what I saw from my perspective.
I don´t see the problem with this track sure it´s technical so you risk getting collected more by unsafe rejoins or by others spinning in front of you but lapping is not that hard tbh.

Relatively good race for us. Apologues to Van der Woude that got collected after a spin on the kerbs. Also felt bad for Rivas. Was lapping 2 gts on the start straight where the second gt decide to go 3wide on a minimal gap. Feel a light bump while minding the first gt and the pit line and then he pushes Rivas off track and he goes straight into the wall.
Unfortunately we got collected by Lachevre trying to go through our car which I was absolutely certain would happen. Sounds like it may have cost us fifth but could as well be yet another typical dnf.

Second worst thing I saw was a P2 in a hurry not to get lapped taking out a gt in a hairpin :( Absolutely worst thing I did was to give Mella a free pass for some reason. Expect a dive bomb next race :)

Edit: Didn´t realize Mella and Lachevre was in the same offending car. That was not a threat but don´t expect any favours ;)

Last edited:

Rickard Norgren

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
VLMS Season Pass
Per seems to have posted our internal talk in the wrong place, bet he was tired.....

Niky Lence

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I ask endless excuses a Nico Barclay for contact in the race, I'm so sorry, It was an evaluation error :Cry: :crying:

David Beranek

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Maybe it didn't look like it, but this was one of the toughest races I've ever done. 3 hours before the race I got sick and was close to calling it off.:sick:
Plan was to try to do at least 30% and then give the car to my teammate. In Qualy I did like 2 laps and I felt like I can't do more than 5 minutes and will need to swap, so I told my teammate to join the server after the start. Then bad day turned into nightmare - my teammate couldn't join the server, he was having errors when loading the cars on the server(worked in SP) although he was on the server 2 hours ago, later in the race we found he can load it only on DX11 - I attached one of his traces.
In addition I did most of the practice during times when not much GTs were around, so I wanted to use last hours before race to prepare for the traffic, but spent it trying to get myself together instead - so sorry GTs if I made ugly move on you in early stages, I needed to find the best way in some places + my senses were a bit dull, remember one touch in T6 when curb kicked me, sorry for it.
Through my hurting stomach and overall weakness I wasn't able to fully concentrate, I drove almost like a grandma to a shopping centre (yet was moving up in the order which was... interesting). But with big self-denial I finished 1st stint.
In 2nd stint it was a bit better and a nice fight with @Maciej Mlynek got me at least partly in the rhythm. Michal was still trying to load the game with no success, for me it meant even 3rd and 4th stint, at that time I couldn't think about anything anymore and was in sort of "automatic mode" just carrying on, what's shocking I found myself safely in top 5 :oops:
It was unbelievable that after all we went throught we were on so high position and later even within range of podium, but then the nightmare got crowned when we were killed by anticut at last chicane with 20 minutes to go :rolleyes: Truly ridiculous what all can happen in one day, couldn't fully enjoy this one due my condition but I look forward for the next ones :thumbsup: (y)

PS: I don't see point in blaming the track for people's mistakes. Narrow tracks with lot of corners like this divides drivers from holders of the licence and I don't see anything bad on that, last year there was Road Atlanta and I think I enjoyed it the most from S1 races.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
I honestly think more stewards are needed as Bernd seemed to be flat out today as getting a reply on why our GT had 6 stop/go penalties was impossible. Not blaming him but the racing is too crazy for one person to handle.
There is no need for, but when around 20ppl writing to you at the same time on TS and some of them are writting in a 5sec rhythm, then other ppl poking you on TS also at the same time, well guess what.... So as less as you text me on TS, the more i can go ahead and do my race director and stream/cam stuff ;) And as Jimmi has written, the cut's wasn't where they normally has been and you made it to cut that often?! Maybe i should review 10 laps of every car and check those for cuts, i wouldn't wonder if the penalty summary for Round 5 would explode only by reviewing this.

Anyways from my perspective, it was one of the worst races we had here in VLMS, and we honestly didn't had much of them and there are some ppl which maybe should get another go in the SRCA to learn how to behave in SRC at all, cause the driving standards was nearly bad at Suzuka as it was at Indinapolis. I was pissed after the race, cause i told you during the warm up, DONT CHANGE YOUR LINE TO EARLY WHEN YOU'VE PASSED A GT and what did i saw so often :rolleyes: Don't expect the IRR Review this week, it will take more time after a race like this.

At the end, i'll apologize for the penaltie's which has been handed out which souldn't have been handed out, we tried to remove all of them unfortunate two teams has taken those penaltie's which has been 30 & 60sec S&H and iirc their was also one team which has served an DT related to this failure. More informations about it then in the final IRR review.

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Well, our race was pretty meh. Qualifying P4, way below my standards in terms of laptime, the 2 small freezes i had on my last attempt not helping neither but hey P4 isn't too bad.

We had 2 DTs so we knew we couldn't really go for the win anyway, so we wanted something like top 4.
At the 2nd i had a S&H penalty for speeding (was 250165464% sure i didn't speed wth) so we decided to do our actual pitstop earlier so we would lose less time. We were indeed 35min into the race so it wouldn't have much impact a priori. But it hold us from really benefitting from any code 80s afterwards, and i'm pretty sure (didnt verify though) that we ended up doing 1 more stop than any other driver.
Anyway, i managed to get P5 at the end of my run.
Thomas took the wheel, span while closing at a GT that went wide in Degner but overall no major event.
UNTIL... he closed the gap to the Swedish Motorsport that were way slower at that moment. We had more downforce so we were really handicaped in the straights (our choice, we'll never make that choice again mark my words) and it was really hard for Thomas to pass.
So he went like HEY IM GONNA CRASH INTO HIM THATS FUN I WAS BORED ANYWAY. No, no that's not what he said but he got caught by surprise at the braking of the chicane, his fault. "Fortunately" it cost us more than them so we got kind of punished.

Second worst thing I saw was a P2 in a hurry not to get lapped taking out a gt in a hairpin :( Absolutely worst thing I did was to give Mella a free pass for some reason. Expect a dive bomb next race :)
Edit: Didn´t realize Mella and Lachevre was in the same offending car. That was not a threat but don´t expect any favours ;)
That doesn't sound familiar to me at all. I'd be glad if you tell me when it happened. As far as i remember i passed you in the main straight/first corner entry.
I don't expect any favour from anyone, nor i expect threats. Hope these are truly not threats, i never react well to that kind of things :)

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Well, our race was pretty meh. Qualifying P4, way below my standards in terms of laptime, the 2 small freezes i had on my last attempt not helping neither but hey P4 isn't too bad.

We had 2 DTs so we knew we couldn't really go for the win anyway, so we wanted something like top 4.
At the 2nd i had a S&H penalty for speeding (was 250165464% sure i didn't speed wth) so we decided to do our actual pitstop earlier so we would lose less time. We were indeed 35min into the race so it wouldn't have much impact a priori. But it hold us from really benefitting from any code 80s afterwards, and i'm pretty sure (didnt verify though) that we ended up doing 1 more stop than any other driver.
Anyway, i managed to get P5 at the end of my run.
Thomas took the wheel, span while closing at a GT that went wide in Degner but overall no major event.
UNTIL... he closed the gap to the Swedish Motorsport that were way slower at that moment. We had more downforce so we were really handicaped in the straights (our choice, we'll never make that choice again mark my words) and it was really hard for Thomas to pass.
So he went like HEY IM GONNA CRASH INTO HIM THATS FUN I WAS BORED ANYWAY. No, no that's not what he said but he got caught by surprise at the braking of the chicane, his fault. "Fortunately" it cost us more than them so we got kind of punished.

That doesn't sound familiar to me at all. I'd be glad if you tell me when it happened. As far as i remember i passed you in the main straight/first corner entry.
I don't expect any favour from anyone, nor i expect threats. Hope these are truly not threats, i never react well to that kind of things :)
Yes I decided to let you by there at the time as I ran a conservative race.
It was a joke but then realized you where at the same team as Lachevre and it could be misinterpreted. I am quite good at dive bombs though and is a "well known agressive driver" so watch out
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. Won´t comment to much on Lachevres driving more then it was not a one time occurance of braking to late. Superior brake performance is a benefit of high downforce setups. We do appreciate the apologue.