What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 4 - Portimao

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Race date: 19. January
Race Length: 4 hours
Simulated Race Start Time: 14:00
Time accelerated: x1
Weather:
Live weather

Race schedule:
14:55 - Server reboot
15:00 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:55 - All cars must be on the server
16:00 - 16:20 - LMGT Q (5 min break)
16:25 - 16:45 - LMP2 Q
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pitlimiter
17:00 - Green flag, when YOU cross S/F line

Classes: LM-P2, and LM-GT

rFactor 2: Latest Build
Liveview and FLT:
Coming soon
Event on facebook: Click here
Flag rules:
Black only
Broadcast: Yes

Please review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Autódromo_de_Algarve_VLMS.png

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Mod is almost done so the server will be online later this evening / tomorrow evening

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Workshop updated, there was a minor spelling issue

Servers are online

If you find any issues on the track, pits, garages whatever, please mention it early enough here on the forum NOT on discord.

Henning Wollert

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Workshop updated, there was a minor spelling issue

Servers are online

If you find any issues on the track, pits, garages whatever, please mention it early enough here on the forum NOT on discord.

I fear download-function from server is turned off and this with not installing it from workshop simply can't work ...

48418940_2006243796130492_358568806450200576_n.png

Peter Schulze

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I fear download-function from server is turned off and this with not installing it from workshop simply can't work ...

View attachment 5916
Try to copy that track into your packages folder (rfactor2\packages) and install it in the mod manager or the launcher.
It helped with Mosport. No idea why the workshop doesn't install the track automatically though.

Henning Wollert

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Try to copy that track into your packages folder (rfactor2\packages) and install it in the mod manager or the launcher.
It helped with Mosport. No idea why the workshop doesn't install the track automatically though.
That's the problem mate. Using the workshop would intend no manual installation afterwards, right? The content should be placed into the "1501665869"-folder instead. That's it basically.

Peter Schulze

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
That's the problem mate. Using the workshop would intend no manual installation afterwards, right? The content should be placed into the "1501665869"-folder instead. That's it basically.
Yes i know that's the problem and it should all be working automatically. But Mosport was the same and that's how we fixed it.

Alex Schmurtz

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Well this time installing the track manually was not enough: I had to install the cars manually too. And now I can join the server.

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Well this time installing the track manually was not enough: I had to install the cars manually too. And now I can join the server.
I had to do this when mosport was updated too. Cars and track.

On a different note, is there any chance we can have the normal layout of the track?

Cameron Rodger

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
@Bernd Schmidt regarding the track, turn 15 is a bit vague for the green flag. maybe t14 is better. like in Interlagos it was moved from T13 to T12 as it was the more logical corner

Hermann Stocchi

VLMS
SRC Season pass
So here is a solution if you have the "Package Not Available" problem, at least this worked for me.

1) Follow the path marked in green on your pc (steam folder -> steamapps -> workshop -> content -> 365960)
2) Search for a folder called "1501665869", open it, go to packages and copy everything
3) Go to your rF2 folder -> Packages and paste there
4) Open rF2 Launcher and manual install everything that it is unchecked
5) Pray to god

Annotazione 2018-12-18 110619.jpg

Last edited:

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
@Bernd Schmidt regarding the track, turn 15 is a bit vague for the green flag. maybe t14 is better. like in Interlagos it was moved from T13 to T12 as it was the more logical corner
Will have a look at this after the holidays

@Bernd Schmidt will VLMS be adopting the same start procedure that VEC is moving to? (When you cross the start line as opposed to exiting the last corner). Thanks.
Currently i would say no, but i'll think about this and tell you after the holidays as well if there will be a change

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
FYI this round wont have a broadcast as i'm not available for this round nor Jimmi is, thanksfully @Nick Newcombe will help out and will do the race directoring stuff for this round. You can stream your stints if you want, but please dont stay on the server as a spectator to stream the entire race, as this can lead into issues when several ppl doing it

Matteo Caruso

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
So here is a solution if you have the "Package Not Available" problem, at least this worked for me.

1) Follow the path marked in green on your pc (steam folder -> steamapps -> workshop -> content -> 365960)
2) Search for a folder called "1501665869", open it, go to packages and copy everything
3) Go to your rF2 folder -> Packages and paste there
4) Open rF2 Launcher and manual install everything that it is unchecked
5) Pray to god

View attachment 5926
Why do we still have to do this for VLMS? When will we be able to just download the package from the workshop as it is meant to be and just join the server? What's worse is that we have to repeat the precedure every single time the mod is updated.