What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 4 - Imola

Riccardo Alitta

SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
you can see the TV reply at this link

To be really clear, the restart was a bit odd. Tulli was on pole, there is a message from Race director that said
Dont start at green flag. then says something about start in order I tell you.
Then the green light comes out, the car in second place moves and Tulli as well thinking is time to move.
Tulli did not understand what the race director said, as I think the rest of the drivers that moved.
I think this kind of instructions suppose to be in writing, not everybody is familiar with the English language and also with different accents and the sound is not clear and sometimes broken.
I think the penalty is because Tulli did not stop on the track when was asked, again, the sound was not good, he did not understand what was said to him. Race director suppose to call him again and again, or write his name in the chat with the word STOP.
But was called only once, it would have been enough if the sound was strong and clear.
As I said, penalty taken, no problem, I am not complaining about this. Next time we will put more attention to what race director says :)

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Hi, hum i got a question... : since we already served the stop and hold during the race (i remember that perfectly), i guess we don't have to serve it at Estoril, right ?

Tobias Lange

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I think this kind of instructions suppose to be in writing, not everybody is familiar with the English language and also with different accents and the sound is not clear and sometimes broken.
If I remember right, everybody have to confirm, that he is able to understand written and spoken english. In VEC there is a voice check to make sure, that everybody can hear the race director, so I would wonder, if other series don't have a voice check. Besides that it takes to long to write everything into the chat.

Craig Woollard

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
It's an exceptional circumstance, however perhaps there could be something a bit more clear-cut in the event that this occurs in the future. There was a lot of confusion but the way it was handled on the day was the right way, but that is perhaps for future seasons.

I personally didn't hear my name called out, but thankfully other members in our TS channel did. Yes it was messy, and there may be better ways to go about it, but something had to be done at the time, and the outcome was fine for the majority of us.

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
I have to admit that i had some struggles to understand the names, mainly because of the accent. For example my name is really close to "Millan" so even a small german accent would make me go "???????" :<

Riccardo Alitta

SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
If I remember right, everybody have to confirm, that he is able to understand written and spoken english. In VEC there is a voice check to make sure, that everybody can hear the race director, so I would wonder, if other series don't have a voice check. Besides that it takes to long to write everything into the chat.
It does not take too Long to write TULLI STOP
On the other hand there was a long time waiting before the restart of the race, and a remainder of the procedure would have been terrific! using wisper comunicate it to all team the restart procedures, wait on the line until your name is called. Easy...
I believe other people had earing problems and confusion, team member speaking in TS, cannot here the name he called... Very confusing. I was looking at the rules, and I could not find anything regarding restart procedures.

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Dont know waht you mean, when you've solved the penaltiy from the race before at Imola, you dont have to do it again. All penalties which you have got from Imola, you've to solve at Estoril, easy as that ;)

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Ok sorry if i wasn't clear
what i mean is that i already received that penalty just after the crash, during the race ; but you still put it in the penalty summary, so does it mean we have to serve one more penalty for that crash ?