What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 4 - Imola

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Here are the race results

Part 1
Part 2

Just FYI, we've choosen the results (Part 1) from lap 50, so the Part 1 results is nice to know, but it doesn't counts. So if you want to have a look for Part 1, go into the replay of the first part from the race and have a look on Erhan (cause he is overall leader) and go to lap 50, the results which you can see there, are the results which are counting for the points.

Also the standings are updated

Cheers

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
10.4 During qualifying and race, drivers must ensure they don't go more than 2-off on their fastest lap. Failure to do so will lead to a DQ of qualification lap and start from the back end on the grid.

White line exception:
Exit of turn 12, you're allowd to use the green carpet, not the asphalt section behind it!
Green tarmac on the S/F straight is free for use
Cut's are decieded by the game, but we'll review Quali laps cause the cuts really friendly, so don't go to much risk

I don't ask for penalties now, but a few "epic" drivers deserve a bonus point for respecting the rule in qualifying :p

Gert James

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Wow ...that first lap. At least half of all drivers had their underwear sucked up their rectums at that crash. I know...I was one of them. Narrowly missing a P2 veering off to the right and almost clipping me.

Mike Horn

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
After I had to suspend the laste time at Sebring the anticipation to come back and drive again on the #181 Black Hawk Racing GT was huge. Had a couple of good practice sessions with my teammates Harald, Bryce and Alex and so I felt very confident for the race.

Qualification developed into a Thriller. Nearly everybody struggled with the conditions and the green track buth both times (1st attempt was cancelled by race director) I managed it to bring the car on pole Position with a nice gap.

Apart from the start and the chaos at the first corner my first stint was absolutely brilliant. My goal was to build a gap to our opponents and hand over the car in P1 to Bryce. Because of an other strategy Bryce left the pits at P2 but still everything went as planned. Bryce did an amazing job and had a nice fight against Kevin Ryan without loosig time on P1. But then the red flag completely ruined our race and our strategy. It was definitive the right decision to interrupt the race, but it was very unlucky for our team because at this moment we had laped some of our opponents two or three times and at the end of the race (after the restart) they were all in front of us because the gaps were set to zero for the restart. Maybe next time the luck will be on our side...so no worries ;)

In the 3rd stint Harald also did a good job while keeping the car in a top 6 Position and for the last hour of the race I was allowed to get back in the car and maybe to try my best to gain one ore two more positions. At first I overtook the NoLimit car and then with more than half an hour to go I was chasing P3 and P4 and saw me gaining more an more time. But 15 min before end of the race I did a mistake in the second last corner and I spun. Unfortunetely a LM-P2 car couldn't avoid and it came to a crash. I think it was the Witchwood Goblins car. I'm very sorry for you guys! :oops::(

After that I came to the pits because I lost a wheel and I decided to not repair the car. I thought a full repair stop would have costed us a minimum of 300-500 secs. So I tried my best with the completely damaged car for the last 10 minutes and yeah I have to say that I was sursprised that I still was able to do 44' times so it was the right decision. :)

Congratulations to the winners and all cars that have finished this race. Great job from my teammates Bryce and Harald when they were in the car and see you all at Estoril.

Last edited:

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Which car did we and 118 impede? I wasn´t about to lap the GT? I can´t watch the replay anymore I have vlms race 3 and 5 installed but not 4?

Riccardo Alitta

SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Sorry but do not understand the blue flag punishment for impeding another car under blue flag. We take it without arguing but I would like to say our point of view.

This is regarding the second start. I am so sorry but did not hear any information to where the car 118 suppose to be. Daniele Tulli was waiting for instructions, I was in TS with him and waiting for instruction to where to put the car on the second start. I told him to stay on the side and wait for the last car, we did not know where to stand.
So, please, if there was any instructions to position our car on the track, we did not hear it. Honestly, it was very confusing that moment. Everybody was moving, under code 80.
Can I ask for next time to write it down on the chat the orders where the cars suppose to be it would avoid a lot of confusion. I think also you have the possibility in the server to position the cars in the correct place at restart.
No worries, I am not complaining. Just for next time lets try to do it better.

Thanks
Rick

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Can you access the replay Alitta? Do you know what cars was involved?

The penalty summary is wrong. We got De Filipes penalty for the restart procedure.

Riccardo Alitta

SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Can you access the replay Alitta? Do you know what cars was involved?

The penalty summary is wrong. We got De Filipes penalty for the restart procedure.
No, I cannot access the replay
It does not matter if there is a punishment, it is correct, most probably we were in front of somebody and we did not belong there. I think is correct to punish us, we did not know where to place the car even thought we were going slow and let everybody pass. Apparently not every body passed and we stay in front of some team that was a lap over us or two :)
What worries me is that I did not hear when the car 118 was called to position, we missed that probably. Without a replay cannot really see anything or proof anything.