What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 4 - Imola

@Jimmi Allison may be godlike, but he is NOT forgiving of those who does not make the effort of understanding the rule book, or behave like jerks in the forum or on track :cool:
Wow! I said that? Is Jimmi God? Sorry my english is very bad then
For me the only God is Clapton.
You will never see me licking someone's stockings in this league, if I can not recognize it, but in no way write letters that I have not written. Another children's game .... be responsible when reading, do not use me for your problems with the league ...
I do not know how to write in English, but I'm not an idiot

(sorry i can't take screenshots since rF2 crashes whenever i return to the desk, so i'll just give the positions)
If you take a look at position 1200 (Race 2 ofc), we all 4 go wide at the chicane, but the track doesn't count it as a cut, as you can see that the laptime is still running after that.
Again, at position 3301, i run quite wide, i go on the tarmack, the game says nothing.

Now look at positions 3587, 4065 and 4547. Each time Thomas less wide (or as wide as me) than me, but ends up being penalized.
(to sum up : compare positions 1200 & 3301 and positions 3587, 4065 and 4547).

I'm not blaming, i know that it's something that isn't supposed to happen at all, and it's a reaaaaaally weird bug. Maybe some drivers here could take a bit of their time to test out the situation (driver swapping and check if tracks limits change) at home to ensure it's not happening again
I will have a look sometime next week. Schedule is filled ATM :)

Tobias Lange

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
i think no one tell us we have to reboot pc and router before this post
Sorry, my fault, I thought you meant the procedure of the restart and not the "how to rejoin the server". But someday, I had the issue that I wasn't able to join the server for a driver swap and the first thing what I tried was to reboot my pc.

Melih Cakmakli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
A terrible weekend for me, and obviously for my team. Before the race Ahmet and I decided that we will both drive for two hours each. However, when the server crashed, knowing that Ahmet is faster than I, we decided that he will drive for another stint and I will drive for the rest of the race. Throughout the race, he did a magnificent job. We were leading by about 20 seconds before the red flag and everything was perfect. After the restart, Ramada team caught up with us(and passed us) as they were faster and we were second for a long time thanks to Ahmet's brilliant driving. However, when it came to me, I basically ruined everything. I was running 6th when I came out of the pits but we were confident that we could get up to 2nd place again after the other guys do their pit stops. I came out of the pits right behind Harald Bachmann and we had a great race, than I was able to pass him to take 5th place. After that, all I had to do was to drive that Z4 to the finish, but I could not. A double downshift meant that our race was over. The engine immediately blew and there was nothing else to be done after that.

This was my second ever endurance race in rFactor2, (the first one was in Sebring last month) and I was really excited about this one, knowing that we had a great chance to get a good result. Making such a mistake simply feels terrible to be honest, I am also very sad for Ahmet, I ruined his race as well. Interestingly, right after I blew up the engine, the electricty went off and it happened twice after that one while the race was still going, meaning that even if I did not blow the engine, we would not be able to finish the race where we wanted anyway. I really do not know what to say about the race in general, just an unfortunate weekend, first the server and than all these.. I hope in Estoril we will all have a better race. By the way, thanks to Bernd Schmidt for all his work during the red flag. See you in Portugal :)

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
To sump up our race : shitty shitty bad luck
lul
We experienced some pits problem, as our pit was shared with a GT (D Hart), so w had to wait like 5 minutes behind him in order to do our Stop and go :<
Then i hit a GT (sorry to him), my bad, should've been more on the right. I acctually wanted to stay behind at the chicane, but he breaked way earlier than i thought.

Second part of the race was good... at the beginning. Managed to have couple of good battles, but we then were the victims of the weird track limits bug as we were 4th and we had the pace to stay 4th. We finally end up 10th... meh, hope Estoril will be better for us

Tomas Beha

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Wow! I said that? Is Jimmi God? Sorry my english is very bad then
For me the only God is Clapton.
You will never see me licking someone's stockings in this league, if I can not recognize it, but in no way write letters that I have not written. Another children's game .... be responsible when reading, do not use me for your problems with the league ...
I do not know how to write in English, but I'm not an idiot
Relax, it was sarcasm - the line "Forgive them Father, they do not know what they do" just sounded very religious in my ears :) And I didn't refer to you or your team members, but THOSE who do not behave ;)

And I have NO issues with the league, I'm very much part of it, have a good day - sorry if it came across in a bad way to you.

Last edited:
Relax, it was sarcasm - the line "Forgive them Father, they do not know what they do" just sounded very religious in my ears :) And I didn't refer to you or your team members, but THOSE who do not behave ;)

And I have NO issues with the league, I'm very much part of it, have a good day - sorry if it came across in a bad way to you.
Excuse me, my English is very literal, I have to learn more ...

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Regarding cutting I did the first hour and the last hour. I could not use the same lines the last hour actually I was using more of the track the first stint but did not get any cut warnings. The practise on server worked for that stint as expected. Second stint more rubber so maybe carry more entry speed or live stewards come into play. But they where lighting fast with applying the penalties if so because I got them when there was at least a remote chance I was close to or over the white lines. Was using less and less of the track for each warning and when I went slow enough and stopped racing entirely I stopped receiving the cut warnings so they where not random. Not blaming anybody but myself for cutting but it was quite a dramatic change from the first stint and quite surreal experience.

Will try practising with a ton of rubber made by AI to try out the track limits better and see if that helps. But I don´t see any problematic tracks on the calendar from now on.

First of all i want to apologized to Alessio Ricci and Daniele Tulli that i crashed into you guys.
Thank you @Dennis Hadlak , I really appreciate your apology. It was a pity, because we both could had a better race.
You had a better pace than me and I'm not a big defender, but I didn't realize that you was attacking me. Did you miss the braking point? :(

After that accident the game assigned me a 10 seconds stop&go and I don't understand why. Not a great problem, just 10 seconds more to wait after the repair, but I'd like to know if I did something wrong.

About the chaotic phases during qualifying and the red flag during the race I think that everyone can be disappointed and frustrated, because we all (admins too) want to have a perfect qualy and race, after a lot of training. But sometimes things don't go your way and you can't let the emotions ruling you.
So I can understand the overreaction, but I can't justify it.
My 2 cents ;)

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
One thing I noticed during practice for the cut warnings out of the chicane. It was very speed dependant so I'm wondering if maybe some of you experienced that and as there was a lot more rubber down towards the end you were carrying more speed through there?

It was a really fine line that's for sure, it would do my head I would feel like I nailed the chicane and would follow my usual line onto the outside rumble strip and yeah would get a cut because I was going quicker then previously.

I may be way off but just a suggestion, it definitely seemed more speed related then line.

Adam Taylor

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Yesterday was my first race in the P2 car and it was a good learning experience.

@Erhan Jajovski did a great job in Qualifying taking pole again. He put a fantastic drive during the first few hours staying out of trouble opening a healthy 30 second gap before the red flag.
After the restart the field was bunched up once again, Erhan began extending the gap but unfortunately tangled with a GT car and we fell to third. We dropped back after we changed tyre during the driver swap. I took over the car and slowly started closing the gap to the leaders. We retook the lead during the code 80 pitstops but we lost a little bit of our strategic advantage as the Simtech and Taco cars changed tyres during the caution period.

I was still leading after we made our final pitstop but the Simteck guys were just a couple of seconds behind. On my outlap the Sliderite Motorsport car spun right in front of me allowing the Simteck guys to close the gap. Maciek got a great exit as we exited the final corner and managed to use the low downforce setup to there advantage. I fought as hard as I could to defend but I couldn't keep him behind. I pushed as hard as I could and was applying as much pressure as I could when I had the collision with the Sliderite Motorsport car.

Congratulations too the Simteck and Taco guys you drove well thank you for the clean racing, we look forwards to more battles in the future. Also a big thank you to @Bernd Schmidt for resolving the issues so the race could be completed.
6.png
For our full race report and more picture check out the Team Vires Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/TeamVires1/posts/1254692857900450

Tommaso Tortella

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Good morning, when the replay will be available? the limit to be able to forward the IRR remains today at 17?
Thanks

Shane Burke

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
SimTech* ;)
Yesterday was my first race in the P2 car and it was a good learning experience.

@Erhan Jajovski did a great job in Qualifying taking pole again. He put a fantastic drive during the first few hours staying out of trouble opening a healthy 30 second gap before the red flag.
After the restart the field was bunched up once again, Erhan began extending the gap but unfortunately tangled with a GT car and we fell to third. We dropped back after we changed tyre during the driver swap. I took over the car and slowly started closing the gap to the leaders. We retook the lead during the code 80 pitstops but we lost a little bit of our strategic advantage as the Simtech and Taco cars changed tyres during the caution period.

I was still leading after we made our final pitstop but the Simteck guys were just a couple of seconds behind. On my outlap the Sliderite Motorsport car spun right in front of me allowing the Simteck guys to close the gap. Maciek got a great exit as we exited the final corner and managed to use the low downforce setup to there advantage. I fought as hard as I could to defend but I couldn't keep him behind. I pushed as hard as I could and was applying as much pressure as I could when I had the collision with the Sliderite Motorsport car.

Congratulations too the Simteck and Taco guys you drove well thank you for the clean racing, we look forwards to more battles in the future. Also a big thank you to @Bernd Schmidt for resolving the issues so the race could be completed.
View attachment 3285
For our full race report and more picture check out the Team Vires Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/TeamVires1/posts/1254692857900450

Big Sorry to Gerrit Crafford,
I lost my Car because i come with 2 wheels on the grass and crashed in your back :(
I hope that i dont damage your car and that you loose not so many time.

greetings to you and your team from Harald
@Harald Bachman, no worries man, I felt the bump from the rear but no damage whatsoever :)

An other bad weekend for us. during the formation lap i had some problems with connection In fact I heard the signal of the green flag after several seconds..then the accident
it's hard but whenever it happens something we share generally with more motivation

you did nothing wrong, i break on the bump and lose the car.... it was completly my fault ;-)
Yeah I know that I wasn't able to avoid the contact, but when I rejoined the track the game (or stewards) gave me a stop&go. So I wanted to understand why...