What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 3 - Sebring

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
As i said on the stream, things like this happens, however that last impact is what makes my thought to directly to the rules.
Rules said:
5.11 Lock brakes. If a driver spins while on track, they should immediately lock their brakes until completely stopped, (even if still on the track), and hold brakes on until they can assess the situation (wait for a clear opening on track to resume. When a driver doesn't lock his brakes, the car is prone to spin or roll in a far more unpredictable fashion and likely cause an accident.....
But also yellow flag was clearly out..

Step learning curve for some drivers i expect.

Niki Djakovic

Reaction score
who lifts mid corner on the line? just someone praying for an accident.
A lot of same class lapped cars (lmp2)were lifting throttle from apex to exit, happened out of T5 and T13. All is well as long as your sensible and warry, because its a hard thing to get off racing line or flash lights before you lift.

Andrea Crespi

Reaction score
who lifts mid corner on the line? just someone praying for an accident.

as for me well i posted the vid earlier i was just easing on the "ok guys is cod...." making room to see thetrack (and avoid the debris) and bam. Broja did an amazing job i was just reeling p1 inn from 50 seconds back to 5 seconds and this happens to us :/ why cant u ppl crash alone.

Happens in real life happens in simracing....

i don't know who you thinking about lifting.....
i was on full throttle when Bogusz hurt me from the back and the violence of first crash was completely unexpected as a thunder in blue sky, then i was stationary outside the normal line trying to understand the damage and if the engine could start and the last crash happened.....this during yellow flags i think....

Andrea Crespi

Reaction score
really? did you look the video? you were in the racing line, not outside :rolleyes:
so in your opinion was my fault if i was hurted from the back in full throtlle and then crashed in every way during yellow flags? really interesting point of view, if you are stationary and with engine off don't you try to start it again and understand what damage you have? all is happened in a few seconds like a twisting storm, if you think you can have another kind of reaction real congratulations to you

did you see the replay with all the episode or only the video here? just for curiosity

Last edited:

Borja Millan

Reaction score
so in your opinion was my fault if i was hurted from the back in full throtlle and then crashed in every way during yellow flags? really interesting point of view, if you are stationary and with engine off don't you try to start it again and understand what damage you have? all is happened in a few seconds like a twisting storm, if you think you can have another kind of reaction real congratulations to you

did you see the replay with all the episode or only the video here? just for curiosity

Sorry, don't get me wrong, my intention isn't to blame on you. I'm just saying that you were on the racing line, not outside as you said. I would try to resume the race, but if I see that my engine is killed and I dont have a wheel I would put the car outside the racing line, and then retire. My teammates were saying that your game got minimized and you couldn't move the car, but you didn't told that.

Andrea Crespi

Reaction score
I would try to resume the race, but if I see that my engine is killed and I dont have a wheel I would put the car outside the racing line, and then retire.
With engine off and without tyres was impossible to move the car in any direction....once i realized car was dead i clicked esc... I repeat, if you see replay and not the brief video here you can understand how absurd and quick the situation was

Borja Millan

Reaction score
With engine off and without tyres was impossible to move the car in any direction....once i realized car was dead i clicked esc... I repeat, if you see replay and not the brief video here you can understand how absurd and quick the situation was
I know you were the victim in the first accident,I didn't watch the replay but saw it on the video. I was just pointing out what could be done better in your case, but yeah you hadn't any fault. And we could avoid you too, just going a bit slower :(

Niki Djakovic

Reaction score
On the subject of flashing lights for lapped cars is correct, not for cars on the same lap which are ahead.
If the car ahead is slower and you're down a lap only because of misfortune, it's alright to flash your lights. It's not a battle for position so maybe he wants to wave you by and get on with his day.

Luke Walsh

Reaction score
i don't know who you thinking about lifting.....
i was on full throttle when Bogusz hurt me from the back and the violence of first crash was completely unexpected as a thunder in blue sky, then i was stationary outside the normal line trying to understand the damage and if the engine could start and the last crash happened.....this during yellow flags i think....
Wasn't anyone's fault, you lagged.

Congrats to Shane and Maciej on a brilliantly driven race to keep it mostly out of trouble and bring her home for the win, our apparently 'slow' team isn't doing too badly at this stage of the championship :D:rolleyes:

Jake Hall

Reaction score
It is a battle for position, because he is the position ahead of you, they may let you through as part of their strategy yes, but I'm saying there is no need to force it.

Last edited:

Shane Burke

Reaction score
Thanks @Luke Walsh ! You know for a "slow team " team we ain't doing bad! DESTORYED people at LM last year as we only won LMP2 in R2 by I don't know.. Over 10 laps I believe, won like 3 rounds, won 2 VLMS so far and should have won 2 earlier in VEC this season.. So ya not too bad for a "slow team". #Room2ForLife

Luke Walsh

Reaction score
It is a battle for position, because he is the position ahead of you, they may let you through as part of his strategy yes, but I'm saying there is no need to force it.
Flashing once or twice to get their attention and let them know you're there is fine but excessive flashing to distract or force a situation is unsportsmanlike, my take anyway

Luke Walsh

Reaction score
Thanks @Luke Walsh ! You know for a "slow team " team we ain't doing bad! DESTORYED people at LM last year as we only won LMP2 in R2 by I don't know.. Over 10 laps I believe, won like 3 rounds, won 2 VLMS so far and should have won 2 earlier in VEC this season.. So ya not too bad for a "slow team". #Room2ForLife
Still too slow for server 1 Shane, better luck next year ;)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Not that vec should be discussed here but there's more too it than being fast, and "should have won" races since the 2 races are different no matter how much people will look on how many laps the 2 rooms have done.
Trust me, attitude when making an error, attitude on track, safety ratings, incident reports - a lot have been taken into consideration. But again not the place, but kudos by doing good at Sebring - let's see how VEC Sebring treats you guys :)

Regarding headlights, yes it is allowed - rules explains this - but in case this is overdone by someone we will have a look at them ;)
Everyone should follow the same rules :)