What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 3 - Sebring

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score
Race date: 21. January
Race Length: 6 hours
Simulated Race Time: 17:00-23:00
Time accelerated: x1
Weather forecast: See schedule

Race schedule:
14:00 - Server reboot
14:05 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:55 - All cars must be on the server
16:00 - 16:20 - LMGT Q (5 min break)
16:25 - 16:45 - LMP2 Q
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pitlimiter
17:00 - Green flag announced on teamspeak "Green flag" when leader is between turn 17 and S/F line.

Classes: LM-P2, and LM-GT

Servers: Build 1108
Liveview and FLT:
Click Here
Event on facebook: Click here
Flag rules:
Black only
Broadcast: Yes

Please review
the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited:

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score

White line rules apply - exceptions:
Before T1/Pitexit - please review attached image - dont touch the double red line (double white in game) - no matter if you are in practice, qual, race - on track or coming from the pits.
T1 - inside of the corner (left side)
T16 - outside entry and outside exit. NOT inside
T17 - everywhere

Regarding the pit blend line - we will review live and we will pick 10 random laps and review where the actual pit blend line rule applies. Do not use this!

Please note:
Drivers on circuit are responsible for making space for cars exiting the pit lane to join the circuit. Drivers who don't leave space will be responsible and penalised if they collide with cars joining the circuit from the pit exit.
However this does not give driver leaving pitlane card blance to go to the left side of the track, stay as far right as possible.

Attachments

Last edited:

SRC Stewards

Administrator
Reaction score
VLMS Incident report

17.8 All decisions made by the Stewards are final. Drivers are allowed to notify the Stewards if a decision violates one of VEC´s rules.
If any of the rulings is against our rules you can submit an protest - Please argue your case briefly but effectively by posting a protest to VEC Stewards here. Protests must be filled in within 72 hours of the report being posted - there will be no exceptions.

Orange Zone
No incidents

Other Incidents

2068 -
Roussow is in front of Norgren at the breaking point of both P2. Related to that there is also a GT car in front of them, they've no chance to manage it, to handle this battle without a collission with the GT car.
Penalty – G.Roussow - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty – R.Norgren- Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds

4656 - Mazzetti tried it on the inside, but there is not enough space, he drives ver the curb and loss traction, so he made contact with Sirc.
Infraction – Marco Mazzetti - Avoidable contact; Drive through

12684 - Soum is waiting til the GT was going through and then he rejoins the track and doesnt respect P.Oqvist at this point. This results in an DNF for Oqvist.
Penalty - M. Soum - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
M.Soum will be on probation for the rest of the season

15874 - T. Lachevre doesn't respect the line of H. Bachmann and send him into the wall
Penalty - T. Lachevre - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds

Code 80 - Again a few drivers doesn't respect the rules and this time we decided to be more harsh on them. This time we go for the rule, after being patient with DT, which means 15.6 Any driver who exceeds 80km/h at any point during the Code 80 procedure is subject to penalties up to and including a 60 second stop/hold, so as to ensure no team gains an advantage.

1227.730 -
C.Ciriello, M.Mazzetti, J.Hall, R. de Filipis
2089.400 - M.Mazzetti
8374.015 - C.Ciriello, I. Fin
12018.925 - I.Rico

Post race
None

Track cutting
None

Penalty Summary

Penalty - G. Roussow - Avoidable Contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - R. Norgren - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Infraction - M. Mazzetti - Avoidable contact; Drive through
Penalty - M. Soum - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - T. Lachevre - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - C. Ciriello - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - M. Mazzetti - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - J. Hall - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - R. de Filipis - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - M. Mazzetti - Speeding under code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - C. Ciriello - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - I. Fin - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - I. Rico - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds

Team Penalty Summary

Penalty - #108 - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #128 - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Infraction - #124 - Avoidable contact; Drive through
Penalty - #115 - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #115 - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #102 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #124 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #122 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #120 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #124 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #102 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #127 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds
Penalty - #117 - Speeding under Code 80; Stop and hold 60 seconds

Stewards Comments and Feedback

M. Soum under probation for the rest of the season and race ban for the next race; Incidents in every race
M. Mazzetti again speeding under code 80; Race ban for the next race

Race bans:
M. Soum, M. Mazzetti

Abbreviations
DQ = Disqualified
GR = Gentlemen Rule
AC = Avoidable Contact
IF = Infraction
RI = Racing Incident
W = Warning
SnH = Stop and Hold
DT = Drive Through

George Angelidis

Reaction score
Sorry to step in here really late, but I just noticed this race is going to be during the 24 Hours of Daytona???

I am sorry if this doesn't make sense to anybody, but I THOUGHT sim racers are primarily "racing addicts" watching/doing (if financially possible) AT LEAST 10 hours of Motorsports/Real Racing per week. Obviously, I understand low profile series to clash with some sim-racing events, but the 24 Hours of Daytona??? I mean come on!

This comment is NOT to be taken as a personal attack or any attack at SRC. I just want to genuinely express my hope that sim racers haven't just secluded themselves so much into their "plastic steering wheels" that have forgotten the real thing. I hope this was just a mistake and not a date for the race... I will be attending my 8th consecutive 24 Hours of Daytona in January 28-29 2017, so if indeed the VLMS race is about to take place that day, our team has to rethink about our "game plan".

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to step in here really late, but I just noticed this race is going to be during the 24 Hours of Daytona???

I am sorry if this doesn't make sense to anybody, but I THOUGHT sim racers are primarily "racing addicts" watching/doing (if financially possible) AT LEAST 10 hours of Motorsports/Real Racing per week. Obviously, I understand low profile series to clash with some sim-racing events, but the 24 Hours of Daytona??? I mean come on!

This comment is NOT to be taken as a personal attack or any attack at SRC. I just want to genuinely express my hope that sim racers haven't just secluded themselves so much into their "plastic steering wheels" that have forgotten the real thing. I hope this was just a mistake and not a date for the race... I will be attending my 8th consecutive 24 Hours of Daytona in January 28-29 2017, so if indeed the VLMS race is about to take place that day, our team has to rethink about our "game plan".
We briefly discussed this - Bernd will make a final call on this today. Stay tuned

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score
Race date update!!!
Please check the first post, i've updated the race date to 21. January, related to the 24h of Daytona. So everyone can watch the 24h without being in trouble.

Please note, this is an exception, so dont come over and say, hey there is an (name here) race, could we change the date please?! I won't do that!

Lukas Wirtz

Reaction score
Race date update!!!
Please check the first post, i've updated the race date to 21. January, related to the 24h of Daytona. So everyone can watch the 24h without being in trouble.

Please note, this is an exception, so dont come over and say, hey there is an (name here) race, could we change the date please?! I won't do that!
So pissed :( mostly sad though.

Lukas Wirtz

Reaction score
We can't please everyone - come on... pissed? Or simply a little disappointed.
Mostly sad. Certainly not happy. Was really looking forward to this race. First time 6h,Sebring. Before the season I checked the calendar, planned everything so it will work out and all of a sudden one of my favorite races won't be possible for me.
I am aware that you cannot please everyone and that the schedule was subject to change, but it feels just bad. The calendar was made a couple of month ago. The Daytona race probably way earlier, next time I'll be watching out for such collisions so I can point out before the season even begins.

Daniel Miebach

Reaction score
21st January ? Rally Monte Carlo :D Another Date ? :p
Some of our drivers are sad, because they don't have time to drive at the 21st, because they planned their weekends for the 28th :(

C'mon Daytona can't be that important, that 2 of your drivers aren't able to miss a couple of hour ...

But it is as it is ... We'll be there, but please don't mess around with the other dates ...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
We can't please everyone - that said - remember we also plan things from our side and have to change things.
This is the 2nd time in history we have changed a date iirc. If you can't make it - then don't worry we won't remove the entry if you miss the race.
But now Bernd decided this - then we will simply have to follow it ;)
I've even moved my Saturday work day from 28 to 21st and must now move it again ;)
But I'll gladly do it ;)