What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 3 - Mosport

Osvaldo Cocozza

Reaction score
From 4 DTs to P4 with best lap before @Andrea Di Cello hit a car which spun in front of him. P9 at the end. Such a funny race from our side, big thanks to @Hermann Stocchi for the battle, i enjoyed it a lot.
Congratulation to the SpeedyMite, Atlantic and Hydr guys for the podium, fully deserved.

Pulse Motorsport would like to wish to all of you a merry Christmas and happy new year. Thanks for all the racing in 2018. See you in 2019! :)

Shawn Jacobs

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a big thank you to @Neil Heatlie and @Nick Newcombe for the comms, you guys do an amazing job, thank you giving up your time to do this for us! Keep up the great work, your professionalism is top notch!

Was a great race in the end, really enjoyed it. Cheers to everyone taking part, again really impressed by the standard shown with traffic etc.

Congratulations to all podium getters.

Happy holidays all.

Enzo Fazzi

Reaction score
i dont know about lmp2´s i tried to be very clean but some gt´s were just unpredictable, even drifiting wide and spining alone in corners, some way off the pace and some with bipolar dissorder, id unnimpressed if the only laps they did were on raceday, trying to open FTL.
now this is out of the way, good! :p grats to the winners
I agree, a lot of GT's were really unpredictable.
With that out of the way....
We won!
Of course a bit lucky with the penalties applied to other teams, but even with those, we managed to pull a gap.
Really happy with qualifying as well. I met @Erhan Jajovski something like 3 years ago on Racedepartment and used to be 2,5 or more seconds down on him. Being barely a tenth down in qualifying made me quite happy with what I've done in those past years.
Race stints were very solid as well, apart from a bit of contact because of what was mentioned earlier.

Enjoy your holidays and see you you all at Portimao! (which might need a bit of a DX11 update or I recommend turning off post-processing effects.)

Lucas Dittrich

Addicted Member
Reaction score
I loved my race and my teammate, We were pleased with the result of the Porsche # 106 BlackBirds Racing for the great result P5 in GTE. We did a setup to ride with a hard tire, we knew we had 4 DT, we started on P25 and we fell to P34, I had some mistakes, but nothing that would compromise the performance of the car, I did my best to keep the pace in time planned, 2nd stint with hard was difficult, had moments that the car got a bit unbalanced, but at the end of the stint it improved and we managed to get back on track. My partner Alexandre Paumgartten did an excellent race, in the end we knew that we could lose some positions due to tire wear, Caruso was very fast and we did not have to take the risk. Our race was already great. :) We are going to Portimão.

Last edited:

Luca Lazzarato

Reaction score
Results and replays are posted.

Now i understand the frustration, but point me to the rules where it states that a race director will be present throughout the race, and needs to be infront of the PC at all times. The only note i see about this is:
17.2 Live stewards may be attending the races, but not every single incident will be captured.

Now for VEC reference i will during both a 6-8-12 and a 24 hour race get up, since i have a dog that needs to get out. Also i need coffee, dinner, breakfast and other refreshments and if this all of a sudden not good enough, then i honestly dont know how to reach the expectations you have. Do you really sit down for the entire race and not move? You need to remember that you are dealing with humans here, we are putting in a lot of hours, and if you really expect us to not have the freedom to get up and stretch our legs during a race then your expectations are too high.
So I'm the only idiot that is a Team speack with my drivers watching the live and checking the Live Timing for 4 hours, maybe I have to get smart and do something else but it seems to me very little to those who prepare the race for the time necessary and expect this help from me that I am the TM

Hermann Stocchi

Reaction score
My best race on rFactor 2 so far. Started in P8 when i jumped on the car, in the end of my second stint i was in P2 trying to recover on Speedymite #184, but unfortunately a freeze happened in the worst place in the track so i went into the barrier. We ended up P7, great recover from my teammate @Antonio J Vicens. I would also thank @Luca D'Amelio for the great Qualy and my TM @Joey Vrolijk for the great support in TS for the whole race.

Mosport is a blast to drive, i've had so much FUN in this race, made some great battle with @Osvaldo Cocozza in my first stint and @Martin Vindis in my second stint. Maybe my only complain is that some lapped GTE probably don't know what a Blue Flag means.

Congratulation to @Shawn Jacobs and the #184 for the win, can't wait for the next race, see you in 2019, i wish you all Merry Christmas and a happy new year :cool:

Lorenzo Arisi

Reaction score
Pretty solid race and good fun for the #46 ReBorn Racers entry. ;)

I couldn't commit to qualy this time so it was @Daniele Pizzo who started the race from 10th place. With penalties applied to other teams, when i came back 1h into the race he was in 2nd after a great stint, just 30 seconds behind the HYDR car. I took the car after his 2nd stop and it was a nice fight with @Dennis Jordan at first, and then when the #1 ran into issues/incidents the last two hours were a strategy battle with the #6 BHR, who were triplestinting the mediums i guess while we were doublestinting softs, with an eye on fuel consumption being really marginal to make it without a splash towards the end.

Unluckily a code 80 came in when it was their time to stop for the penultimate time and from 15-20 secs the gap went up to nearly a minute.
I got back 20 seconds on track but it was not enough, 30 mins to go another code 80 was called and since i couldn't have caught @Csaba Kiss with the current strategy and i had 3 laps margin on 4th place, i put in new softs and began a new charge from 1 minute behind hoping for green flag to the end.
Unfortunately another code 80 was called 10 mins to go, and that ended our chance for 2nd place. It was 7 secs in the end. So close, but that's racing ;)

Great race, great track, and no problems with most of the GTs, although there were a few really driving slowly and being also unpredictable.

Grats to the HYDR #30 entry, especially @Enzo Fazzi absolutely impressive on pure race pace and to the #6 BHR for their great strategy play!

See you in 2019 ;)

Luca D'Amelio

Reaction score
So I'm the only idiot that is a Team speack with my drivers watching the live and checking the Live Timing for 4 hours, maybe I have to get smart and do something else but it seems to me very little to those who prepare the race for the time necessary and expect this help from me that I am the TM
I might be the only idiot to not get the message you wrote but i'll to reply anyway.
Usually atleast here in Drillers we help each other to spot and stuff like that between teammates, but you're boasting about being in team speak* but next time please also spot to your drivers the blue flags between GTEs, Caponi kept me behind for a whole lap making me lose a good amount of time.

Luca Lazzarato

Reaction score
I might be the only idiot to not get the message you wrote but i'll to reply anyway.
Usually atleast here in Drillers we help each other to spot and stuff like that between teammates, but you're boasting about being in team speak* but next time please also spot to your drivers the blue flags between GTEs, Caponi kept me behind for a whole lap making me lose a good amount of time.
this has nothing to do with the subject I had written, if you have to complain, make a nice complaint so you put your mind in peace

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I have not called anyone an idiot, so not sure why you are quotting my post. Google translate is doing a bad job, i suggest you try and write your own sentences.
All i said was you need to change your expectations if you think that race directors will stay glued to the monitors for the full race. Drink, food, dog whatever that is needed is what we will do. If Bernd needs to take a bathroom break, he will - and so will I. If that makes us idiots, then so be it.

Dennis Lind

Reaction score
point me to the rules where it states that a race director will be present throughout the race, and needs to be infront of the PC at all times. The only note i see about this is:
17.2 Live stewards may be attending the races, but not every single incident will be captured.

Now for VEC reference i will during both a 6-8-12 and a 24 hour race get up, since i have a dog that needs to get out. Also i need coffee, dinner, breakfast and other refreshments and if this all of a sudden not good enough, then i honestly dont know how to reach the expectations you have. Do you really sit down for the entire race and not move? You need to remember that you are dealing with humans here, we are putting in a lot of hours, and if you really expect us to not have the freedom to get up and stretch our legs during a race then your expectations are too high.
I don't know who or what team you're in.
But in my team I always keep one back up, or personally is a backup, incase a spotter needs to go pee or walk his dog or whatever.
I can respect leaving to go somewhere, absolutely, but when said person literally just leaves, with no notification to anyone, I think that's a bit unprofessional.
You didn't see the discord chat because you are not there anymore, but also the problems with the pitboxes where briefly touched there as well, and there is a serious lack of communication from the Series to the members, we are here for the same reason; To race and to have fun, but when the frustrations start even before the event starts, (2 months ago) and the problems has been a taped solution, then it's really not ok. However we discussed this back and forward, and I think we came to the conclusion that when SRC is so few members of the staff, the members of the staff needs to be better at asking for help, It's no problem for either of us to load the track with 50-60 cars to see if there is any problems.

Many things could've been fixed by just addressing them, asking for help and admitting that there is a problem.

And I think you are taking my expectations out of proportions, I don't expect anyone to watch the races or deal with anything during the races, but at least some consistency would be nice, saying that I want you to sit glued to the chair is completely absurd. This one is on SRC, not the drivers!!
EDIT: And yes, you can ask my team, I am always within reach if I'm needed for anything, and I am ALWAYS never away for more than 1 minute unless I say otherwise. 1-4-6-12-24 hours.

Last edited:

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score
I can respect leaving to go somewhere, absolutely, but when said person literally just leaves, with no notification to anyone, I think that's a bit unprofessional.
Both commentators has been informed on TS, so without knowing that, dont spread lies, also they know that if there is something, i've my phone always beside and can be contacted all the time and can be back on my PC within seconds ;) The rest, i explained that yesterday so no need to repeat it

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know who or what team you're in.
But in my team I always keep one back up, or personally is a backup, incase a spotter needs to go pee or walk his dog or whatever.
You didn't see the discord chat because you are not there anymore, but also the problems with the pitboxes where briefly touched there as well, and there is a serious lack of communication from the Series to the members, we are here for the same reason; To race and to have fun, but when the frustrations start even before the event starts, (2 months ago) and the problems has been a taped solution, then it's really not ok. However we discussed this back and forward, and I think we came to the conclusion that when SRC is so few members of the staff, the members of the staff needs to be better at asking for help, It's no problem for either of us to load the track with 50-60 cars to see if there is any problems.

Many things could've been fixed by just addressing them, asking for help and admitting that there is a problem.

And I think you are taking my expectations out of proportions, I don't expect anyone to watch the races or deal with anything during the races, but at least some consistency would be nice, saying that I want you to sit glued to the chair is completely absurd. This one is on SRC, not the drivers!!
EDIT: And yes, you can ask my team, I am always within reach if I'm needed for anything, and I am ALWAYS never away for more than 1 minute unless I say otherwise. 1-4-6-12-24 hours.
Neither am I when race is going on dog is restricted to garden which is 1 min away from pc ;)
I was responding to the message about race director dared to move away from the pc. which I found very provoking, if I want to get up I will. Just did not wan that to be a thing, but I see I read things out of context from your message - all good.

Everything else i’d let Bernd to talk about.
However that discord you mention is not the place to raise issues, forum is. And yes I left for a few reasons, one of that is just written above ;)

Tom Young

Reaction score
We had a mixed bag of a race in the yellow RSR Porsche. We were sniffing around the top 10 after all the penalties played out, but I couldn't avoid a spinning GT in T2 leaving me with a puncture and some very wonky steering. It was hard work bringing it back to the pits, I was seriously considering parking it as it was nearly undrivable at 40kph. But thanks to the code 80 I could take my time to get it back safely - the spirit of endurance and all that ;)

We rejoined at the bottom of the order, and just cruised home hoping to scrape the points somehow. A very yeety back end after our repairs made for a terrifying 2nd stint. I had some full opposite lock saves all the way down T2 on a few occasions. Some VR freezes for Andy (no harm done thankfully), and a fun little gap battle with the Rookie Monsters BMW towards the end were the only bits of excitement we had for the 2nd half of the race. We eventually finished P14, 2 places ahead of our starting position, which is something I guess. Congrats to Speedymite for the class win, and well done to the HYDR GT crew for a beastly recovery drive.

Have a great holiday everyone, see you next year :cool:

Sido Weijer

Reaction score
#167 Atlantic Motorsport GTE

Qualifying was close with p2 - p22 qualifying within 1 second, Hydr was 0,5 ahead of that on pole. We were right in the middle of the pack, qualifying in p13.

Our race started after around the 15 minute mark and after 3 drive through's from last race. I did the first 2 stints and had a few fights here and there, but nothing really eventful. That's how it's done it seems as I came into the pits after 2 hours in p4 to swap with @Martin Vindis . Martin also had a clean run and managed to push up to p2!

Not a lot to talk about, but we like it that way. It's been a while since we've had a race without PC issues, connection issues, bugs, punts, etc. Feels good to finally have an uneventful race again and finish p2.

Congratulations to Speedymite with the win and Hydr for completing the podium after an impressive comeback.

-

And about the whole track issue topic; I very much appreciate all the time Bernd and others put into this, but for this race it did feel like those involved didn't have the time to get it all up to the standard that we're used to from SRC. I hope this is something that will be learnt from and that better solutions will be found next time. This is a big community, there are always people to help you out with a thing or two.

Last edited: