What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 3 - Mosport

Henning Wollert

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Weather is not on @ our Race-Server. It's 29/29 degrees celsius, whereas the polar bear should dance the funky chicken. :D

Eneric Andre

VEC Division 4
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
VLMS Season Pass
latest reports suggested Mosport was relocated somewhere in Qatar as they reproduced the layout somewhere in their desert.

If that's the case then the track suddenly moved out of Canada. Temps are in the negatives and barely goes in the positives at the end of the week.
Aha, ok i found that the weather plugin earlier (probably from last round) have been added a manual lat/lon which made it call that weather. But i dont expect it to be 29/29 as Henning posted correct?
Restarting that server since VLMS 2 was reported down and i dont think Bernd have had a look at it.

Gerhard Lindauer

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Today, when I joined the server, My car was damaged when pressing race. I always had contact with the pitwall before, but never damage.

Chris Bruno

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Am I misreading the race start time, which is 13.00? It seems both the servers practice sessions start in the dark, why? o_O

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Server is back online, remember ONLY starting driver is now allowd to join the server

Rik van Aerle

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
People have problems with exiting the pits, damage by driving out the pits. Can anyone fix this?

Yoeri Gijsen

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
It's a pity the track map is erratic. If ever spotting was convenient, it was here at Mosport! ;)

Tomas Beha

VLMS
SRC Season pass
It would be rather nice to have a race steward ACTUALLY available during the race... we got a car going 20kph and no C80 - plus noone responding to TS-PMs

Luca Lazzarato

SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
I have no words to describe the work of the marshalls have seen cars that cut the lawns or damaged cars that proceeded at a crawl and did not hear a code 80, I have no words for this behavior, this year we lost shots in all the senses

Dennis Lind

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
This race shouldn't have happened.
This is not the standard we expect to have from the Race Direction, sorry but I am really disappointed how this event has been unfolded.

I understand the first postponing, with the pit boxes being in the way of pit traffic, but when you actually spawn inside the wall and cannot Press Race without getting damage...
Yes, I am really questioning the competence of race direction in this particular championship.
And furthermore to have the nerve to actually going AFK during the race without notifying anyone I presume, that is completely unacceptable, when you know the standard of this championship which does not require any license.
Big thumbs down for this race. (n) :thumbsdown:

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
i dont know about lmp2´s i tried to be very clean but some gt´s were just unpredictable, even drifiting wide and spining alone in corners, some way off the pace and some with bipolar dissorder, id unnimpressed if the only laps they did were on raceday, trying to open FTL.
now this is out of the way, good! :p grats to the winners

Results and replays are posted.

Yes, I am really questioning the competence of race direction in this particular championship.
And furthermore to have the nerve to actually going AFK during the race without notifying anyone I presume, that is completely unacceptable, when you know the standard of this championship which does not require any license.
Big thumbs down for this race. (n) :thumbsdown:
Now i understand the frustration, but point me to the rules where it states that a race director will be present throughout the race, and needs to be infront of the PC at all times. The only note i see about this is:
17.2 Live stewards may be attending the races, but not every single incident will be captured.

Now for VEC reference i will during both a 6-8-12 and a 24 hour race get up, since i have a dog that needs to get out. Also i need coffee, dinner, breakfast and other refreshments and if this all of a sudden not good enough, then i honestly dont know how to reach the expectations you have. Do you really sit down for the entire race and not move? You need to remember that you are dealing with humans here, we are putting in a lot of hours, and if you really expect us to not have the freedom to get up and stretch our legs during a race then your expectations are too high.