What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 3 - Mosport

Alex Schmurtz

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
That said... I can't join the server despite unsuscribing/subscribing to the vlms mod. It seems there and installed, I can run offline but I get a "package not available" when trying to join the server?
I'm starting to have so many versions of each car...:D

1541333753864.png

Alex Schmurtz

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Several of us had to do a manual install, following this post and this post. Basically once you have subscribed to the mod, the track .rfcmp is in the latest directory inside Steam/Steamapps/workshop/content/.… You need to copy it to the packages folder inside your rF2 folder and install the track manually.

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
First post has been updated with a new track map information.

Turn 5 & 6 are under Orange Zone during the whole race, which means if a driver causes an incident in the Orange Zone penalties are doubled!

4.4.4 Passing is permitted in the Orange Zone, but the cars will all be at their closest to one another at this point so extreme caution must be taken.

Cameron Rodger

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
First post has been updated with a new track map information.

Turn 5 & 6 are under Orange Zone during the whole race, which means if a driver causes an incident in the Orange Zone penalties are doubled!

4.4.4 Passing is permitted in the Orange Zone, but the cars will all be at their closest to one another at this point so extreme caution must be taken.
FYI post one says when you exit turn 12, but the picture is turn 10

good decision on the Orange zone tho :D :p

Andrea Corsetti

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Probably it is already written elsewhere....but...does servers uses the meteo plugin or (up to now) the meteo it is simply scripted?
I'm facing only rain (it's not raining between Orono and Bowmanville now) and very high temps on the server (17° vs the real 7°).

Tom Young

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I've noticed the pit limit speed for the track is 56 kph, not the usual 80. Might make pitting under code 80 more valuable ;)

Cameron Rodger

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I've noticed the pit limit speed for the track is 56 kph, not the usual 80. Might make pitting under code 80 more valuable ;)
for me workshop never does anything and track/car download when i join the server... weird

also 2 things i noticed about the track so far
1, pit limiter is 56k's (correct?)
2. Pit boxes may need moving left like in RA, as if a car DNF etc. they will be sat in the way of pit stall and cause issues

thanks for getting it up tho, hope those points help
I did ask last week or so :| no reply :(

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
I did ask last week or so :| no reply :(
Ye sry has been bit busy with some other stuff, but what i can say is a track update will come, if i'll change pit speed limit not sure yet but could be. Track update will include a updated pitspots/garagespots as they're but to close to each other

James Lyke

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Why do keep getting "package not available"? surely it should all download when i connect to the server??!

James Lyke

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Why do keep getting "package not available"? surely it should all download when i connect to the server??!
Have spent over an hour trying to get this working, tried unsubbing and resubbing, copying from steam workshop folder to rf2 packages still nothing. less than 1 week to go and i cant practice :( :(...

Sido Weijer

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Have spent over an hour trying to get this working, tried unsubbing and resubbing, copying from steam workshop folder to rf2 packages still nothing. less than 1 week to go and i cant practice :(:(...
Did you also install it in the modmanager after copying to the packages folder? That worked for me.

Sido Weijer

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
if thats the content option on the launcher then i can see it there but "install" is greyed out and cannot be installed.
That's it, yes. Have a look at the VLMS mod file there. It should have a * behind it's name. If you keep your pointer on it for a while it will tell you which content it's missing. Install that (which should be one of the files you copied from the workshop folder) and then install the VLMS mod file.

James Lyke

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
That's it, yes. Have a look at the VLMS mod file there. It should have a * behind it's name. If you keep your pointer on it for a while it will tell you which content it's missing. Install that (which should be one of the files you copied from the workshop folder) and then install the VLMS mod file.
I dont understand, i cannot install them through RF2, the install button is greyed out