What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 3 - Istanbul

Marc Veit

Reaction score
I've just noticed on your stream, that while unlapping myself from you near the end of the race, I actually gave you a fairly hefty whack on the way by! I literally did not feel the slightest tap from my position so maybe it's a lag thing with you Aussies, but either way I probably should have been more careful. Sorry if you received damage.
Actually i dont remember we get hard Damage this Race so i think no

Thomas Hinss

Reaction score
Things like this happens, i´ve seen it done on several streams - and yes i tend to review them when i have the time ;)
As long as it dosent happen over and over again - then it is what it is, i´ve done it when people have crashed into me - and im sure i´ve been called some things elsewhere :p
Well cheers on that Jimmi, much appreciated man, I'm usually more level headed but I think after the incident at the start I was especially fiery during the rest of the race. Either way, will keep a better lid on the old emotions in future.
do not worry Thomas happen touch in the race, exist a DG that will evaluate ' ;-)
Well thanks on that man, really appreciate that, yeah true haha, awesome stuff to see you guys recover to a strong points result btw, top stuff :)

Also wanted to say an apology to anyone during this race if I was a bit more aggressive in passing them or anything like that, as I said I was quite fired up after the first lap incident so I think that was coming through a bit in my driving at times, especially in that first fuel stint of mine.

Niky Lence

Reaction score
thank you thomas, We looked for to recover, but it was not easy,you wentgo too fast ;)
anyway, Saturday we want revenge :thumbsup: (y):p

Felix Heinen

Reaction score
@Bernd Schmidt

Haven't the lasting penalties from fuji not been applied again as it was said in the review report from fuji? That would be very disappointing if the teams which deserved it would get penalized

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score
@Bernd Schmidt

Haven't the lasting penalties from fuji not been applied again as it was said in the review report from fuji? That would be very disappointing if the teams which deserved it would get penalized
As i told everybody during the warm up session, that those wont be given out, cause it was not clear enough in every case, cause some penalties are trippled where only was one, it's definitly not what we want, but rF2 had this problem, why we also changed the way with our penalty file as you have seen at Istanbul and that worked as it should. I'm sorry if you feel upset now and i can definitly understand it but unfortunate their wasn't another way to handle it. So for the future, as i said above, this wont happen again and no one will miss his penalty.

Thomas Hinss

Reaction score
thank you thomas, We looked for to recover, but it was not easy,you wentgo too fast ;)
anyway, Saturday we want revenge :thumbsup: (y):p
No worries at all man, yeah it never usually is to be fair especially in a such a large field, haha well thanks on that man, still going to say it was all Marc's setup and nothing to do with me for that :lol: :Laugh:
Haha fair enough on that man, look forward to battling it out again, without the contact this time of course haha :)

Joao Brito

Reaction score
Well, it was a bit of a mixed feelings during the race.

Not as much trainning as it should be, we lacked some consistensy but we knew we could do a good job in the race.

And so it was, we started well, keep it all in the tarmac, waited for the penalties to come to the guys and get our position. For myself, when i got caught by all the front guys (Millan, Burke, Beranek...) just got out of the way, didn't had anything to gain and a lot to loose, so just let them by.

Got two pretty good stints in, despite the DT by 3 really stupid off-tracks, and "readind" DT but went for a SnG...then when swapping drivers forgot to change the driver name and had to do another lap, and when i went in in the next lap, just when i was stopping the car, i got a power out at home so...two pretty good stints, but with plenty of action.

Carlos got the car with the race ruined, but he did a really good job, taking it to 14th but we're sure we could get in the points. Hope we get there next time.

On another hand, track behaviour was on the spot. of course there's always one or another thing but in general all good. Great job on the drivers side.

See you guys in Suzuka.

Tony Mella

Reaction score
Took me some time to do it but here is our race summed up :
Qualifying was pretty bad with P9, felt like my last lap were a very fast one but got held back by someone that just exit the pits...

Race was ok apart from 1 or 2 small mistakes (one due to me overestimating the grip of cold tyres, an other due to a mini-freeze in turn 8 that could've cost us the race basically). Was closing in to Daniele Pizzo for P3, but the GT we were both passing decided to ignore his mirrors somehaw and turned onto me :( resulting in a pit to repair demage and costing us a lot of time because of damage repair and strategy shift.

So in the end we finish P9 despite having the same pace as the leaders. We at least secure some points. At first i wasn't planned to race so we asked to Djimy Paul to replace me, but in the end i could race so that's why we were 3 in the team. I'd like to thanks him, trained a lot with us and did a solid stint :D

Gasper Zupan

Reaction score
We had a decent race. No hardware/software problems. We jumped from 12th to 8th place during the race and gaind some valuable championship points and experiences. We realized we could push a bit more on the pace side and that is our next task. To bring up the speed and keep the car on a black surface :)

Last edited:

Markus Fruehauf

Reaction score
Just a few words about our race: We couldn't put our complete focus for the race, because Felix had to help me to solve technial issues what I got 10 day before the race. Until the race day morning we couldn't solve them and so I had to use my old GPU, which is 7 seven years old.

So our goals were very low, especially as we had to serve a stop 'n' hold penalty based on my fault at the last race.

Felix was happy with his qualifying position (he was happy about anything BEFORE a race for the first time in this season :D) and so we started at the midfield of the GT class. After Felix completed the penalty he started two tremendous stints, where he drove the car into the Top 10. He had just one mistake in the very last corner at the pit entry, where he damaged the car. But fortunately the damages weren't a problem during my stints. Despite of my technical issues the days before, I could push the car at good level and due to my good pace and a little bit of luck at a code 80 at the right time for us I could secure P6.

Felix and I are very glad about the result due to the problems and the penalty at the beginning of the race. We hope that we will have a similar pace at Suzuka and especially in the next year.

Marco Mazzetti

Reaction score
566 - J Talbot made a clear overtake on M Mazzetti in T 12 and Mazzetti tried it to get the place back in T13 but he made contact with Talbot. Afterwards Talbot made an unpredictable and unsafe move and hits P Oqvist
Penalty - M Mazzetti - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - J Talbot - Failure lock brakes - Drive through

Sorry, but penalty was given live during the race for Marco Mazzetti,
LOG: <Penalty et="827.8">Marco Mazzetti received Stop/Go penalty, 60s, 0laps for "". Result: penalties=1, 1st=Stop/Go,60s</Penalty>

Marco Mazzetti

Reaction score
No penalty for Mazzetti or Team 23 from round 2:

Penalty Summary

Penalty - O. Fortin - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - P. Peralta - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - T. Kubik - Drive through
Penalty - M Furehauf - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - M. Folcher - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - R.Norgren - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - D. Tulli - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & Hold
Penalty – P. Hejzlar - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & hold
Penalty - M. Mlynek - Failure locking brakes & unsafe track rejoin - 30sec Stop&Hold

Team Penalty Summary

Penalty - #39 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #90 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #92 - Drive through
Penalty - #66 - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - #1 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #19 - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - #28 - 60sec Stop & Hold
Penalty – #7 - 60sec Stop & hold
Penalty - #3 - 30sec Stop&Hold