What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 3 - Istanbul

Jordy Zwiers

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Not the result SimHQ was hoping for :(

First off, I want to thank the SRC staff and drivers for this amazing race. It was a blast once again. :thumbsup: (y)
We were pretty optimistic about this race, we felt we were in for a good result. But our bad luck in qualify wasn't planning on going away just yet :confused:. It was time for Brian again to qualify the car, but only he was experiencing slowdown issues. We waited too long with the driver swap in qualify (it was impossible for him to set a good lap), I needed 10 more seconds on my outlap :( Anyway, set for P17, we knew it was gonna be tough. Once going, the car felt great but starting quite low created an issue, our setup was made for the corners and not the straights, so it was almost impossible to overtake some of the low df guys. It made me feel having a honda f1 engine in the back. Power of dreams, more like dreams of power that isnt there :lol: :Laugh: Once I finally got past them, it was time to make up the lost time. After a big charge from P17 to P2, it was Brian who was going to bring the car home. We were short on fuel and had to do a splash so we lost P3 in the end, but P4 is still something we cant complain about after starting 17th.
The championship standing is pretty close now too with 41,40,40pts :lol: :Laugh:

See you in Suzuka :coffee:

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Just wanted to sincerely apologise to the Witchwood GT team (@Gabriele De Angelis @Johnnj Piccolo @Donato Marchetta)

Gabriele followed the rules to a t and stopped his car when spun, as I was coming around the bend I had looked down at the HUD to see the deficit to 2nd and 3rd and in that split second when I looked up your car was right there. I wish I had reacted in time but the brain just went dead and froze up. So apologies for any damage I caused your car and I hope you were still able to get some kind of result.

I'm not sure why I didn't see any yellow, maybe the spin had just happened and it hadn't registered yet or I just missed it. So I'll be looking at some options to get a more visible yellow warning.

All the best.

Shawn

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Just wanted to sincerely apologise to the Witchwood GT team (@Gabriele De Angelis @Johnnj Piccolo @Donato Marchetta)
Thank you Shawn, sometimes it just happens...while Gabriele was repairing the damage (1200sec :eek:) he suffered a game crash so after the rejoin it was still damaged and we retired the car, we are looking into his game crash issue as it happened also while he was fighting for 5th position. :(

Andrew Ford

VLMS
VLMS Season Pass
Had a blast on my debut in Vlms and for Seawolf!
Amazing broadcast so grateful to have such committed people giving their time for us even when not driving

Also great battle with Daniel pizzo . To the broadcast team...my tyres were absolutely fine and i couldnt get passed on the straight because df was too high :)
well done to everyone especially linus and Jay my teammates .solid driving !

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Not the most fun race. Unfortunatly found two p2s parked in the last chicanes on lap 4 and my reaction was to slow but half a second and I would have steered clear...
Then the constant blue flags hard to go fast if you don´t know if you should hit the brake or throttle. Worst was the p2s that had trouble catching up... Also had some issues with occasional stutters with the wheel jittering but it seemed to steer ok? Gonna try my second computer for next race.

Rickard and Robert did some nice repair work but we where to far behind and pit crew failed on fuel calculations as well.

Jeremy Talbot

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Not the most fun race. Unfortunatly found two p2s parked in the last chicanes on lap 4 and my reaction was to slow but half a second and I would have steered clear...
Then the constant blue flags hard to go fast if you don´t know if you should hit the brake or throttle. Worst was the p2s that had trouble catching up... Also had some issues with occasional stutters with the wheel jittering but it seemed to steer ok? Gonna try my second computer for next race.

Rickard and Robert did some nice repair work but we where to far behind and pit crew failed on fuel calculations as well.
I was one of those cars unfortunately. I got turned around on the second part of that chicane and before I could do anything you had hit me so I'm really sorry about that. I had just driven past the pit entry before realising how much damage I'd taken from that and it ended up causing the first code 80.

Like Per it was hard in traffic after that as I had spent 313 seconds getting repairs so I was a couple laps down on all cars but faster than the p2's that were around me once I left pitlane. Frustrating to know I could have been sitting in maybe 6th without the incident.

My second run into the pit for damage was after I went over the sausage curbs on the outside of turn 9 after getting flashed to be lapped by a p2 just before my braking point which put me off. I lost my mark and started to slide so I tried to take evasive action and ended up barrel rolling through the corner after hitting those stupid things. Another 220 seconds.

After that it was a tough run home for my teammates and I but the car still made it. Hopefully one day the SpeedyMite curse will lift and we'll have a clean race!

Marc Veit

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Nice Race actually, our Pase is going to be better and better. Big thank to the Demon @Thomas Hinss with his godlike Recovery Drive after the 30 sec S&H.:D I got a longer Stint this Time but was very clumsy with the wrong Strat call and the lack of Pase to the Start of my Stint. Have to Practice more in the LMP2 Car.

I am excited for the race in Suzuka as it is one of my absolute favorite tracks. Good luck to all VEC Drivers next Week :)

Shane Burke

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
Had a good race as I just kept it clean, especially with my overtakes around the outside of Hinss and Veit but I guess I'm a "twat", "dick" and "fucking idiot" for racing cleanly.. O well you can't always win with everyone :rolleyes:

Marc Veit

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Had a good race as I just kept it clean, especially with my overtakes around the outside of Hinss and Veit but I guess I'm a "twat", "dick" and "fucking idiot" for racing cleanly.. O well you can't always win with everyone :rolleyes:
Cold Tires :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

Shane Burke

SR.C License 4
VEC Season Pass
Ah so that explains why I'm a twat, dickhead and a fucking idiot. Thanks! :cautious: Next time I'm on cold tyres and have cars around me I'll make sure to call them every name in the book. Dam I'll be swearing quite a lot when i think of it :eek:

Thomas Hinss

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Ah so that explains why I'm a twat, dickhead and a fucking idiot. Thanks! :cautious: Next time I'm on cold tyres and have cars around me I'll make sure to call them every name in the book. Dam I'll be swearing quite a lot when i think of it :eek:
Anyone who has been in a voice chat with me when I'm racing will tell you I call a lot of drivers all sorts of names in the heat of the moment, doesn't mean I think they are that as a person, just means in my mind they are being a twat on track. On track and off track behavior isn't something I link together in that regard so it's not anything personal.

But hey, if I'm the bad guy here then that's cool with me, I really don't care either way if I'm honest. At this stage I've already assumed for a long time that I'm generally disliked or hated in most communities I'm a part of so if you need a punching bag in that sense feel free to use me for that, I'd actually be impressed if you can come up with anything worse than I've called myself over the years

11.4 Drivers are expected to participate in an ethical and sportsmanlike manner. Taunting, trash talking, and berating other drivers for any reason will not be tolerated and may lead to expulsion.

Just sayin´ - obviously in the moment people will call things - thats just the nature of it, as long as they review things after and learn from it ;)

Thomas Hinss

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
11.4 Drivers are expected to participate in an ethical and sportsmanlike manner. Taunting, trash talking, and berating other drivers for any reason will not be tolerated and may lead to expulsion.

Just sayin´ - obviously in the moment people will call things - thats just the nature of it, as long as they review things after and learn from it ;)
Yeah I'll put my hand up for any vulgar language from me during that stream and apologise for it, tend to forget when they are on as my focus is always 100% on our cars race when I'm racing in it, barely anything else registers for me. After the contact with Reborn I was very frustrated with myself for knee capping our race so early so that probably didn't help either on that front.

Anyway, I assume after my efforts during this race I've convinced most of the giant turd I am, on and off track, so I suppose the silver lining of that is the unintentional deception I must do without realizing it will fade away haha

Things like this happens, i´ve seen it done on several streams - and yes i tend to review them when i have the time ;)
As long as it dosent happen over and over again - then it is what it is, i´ve done it when people have crashed into me - and im sure i´ve been called some things elsewhere :p

Niky Lence

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
do not worry Thomas happen touch in the race, exist a DG that will evaluate ' ;-)

Last edited:

Marc Veit

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I had a GT in front of me and had cold tires when I slide in this moment I clear you off with. Why you dont wait until the straights I would have let you pass because you are clearly faster than me. I was really mad in this Situation because both Races can be Destroyed with such a Move.

I apologize to you too, but I hope that next time you do not such a Move. :( @Shane Burke

Allie Ferrie

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
I've just noticed on your stream, that while unlapping myself from you near the end of the race, I actually gave you a fairly hefty whack on the way by! I literally did not feel the slightest tap from my position so maybe it's a lag thing with you Aussies, but either way I probably should have been more careful. Sorry if you received damage.

Brian van Beusekom

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I have to apologize to someone, not sure who, but during qualifying I had some 100% CPU slowdowns and at one point it slowed down into turn 8 causing a car behind me to crash into me. Sorry for that.
Also sorry to the CORE corvette for the small tap in turn 11. I should have backed out of there.

After missing Fuji, I had a nice time in this race. Shame I was missing just a couple of tenths per lap to fight for the podium in the final hour. See you at Suzuka :)