What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 2 - Road Atlanta

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Even after a failed driver-swap in which the AI took over control of the car, they managed to climb back up to 4th in class before the last hour of the race.
Please let me know how to do that, I always thought when the AI takes control of the car it was not possible to drive anymore :eek:;)

Marius Nicolae

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
After Martin toke my car i saw him driving and he asked if i drive the car , because he dont have the control of the car so i told him to crash the game and trying to return and was with luck for us because he was able to rejoin in the race. What is very important DO NOT PRESS ESC , just press alt + tab and close( crash) the game .

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Thanks Marius, that's a good tip of course...but I think that if the AI really takes control of the car and the server recognize it as AI driving, then crashing the game it does not help because your car is still on the server.

Race Director can manually remove it from the server but the driver can't rejoin anyway because he was not the last driver on track. :unsure:

Marius Nicolae

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I am not 100 % sure , because was a strange thing there , i press the button to not driving anymore with Martin and after that i leave the game and my game crash on his way to close and Martin told me if i still drive because he cant see any info of the car ( thats way i said AI may toke his car )

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I hope that S397 will find a way to fix this in the future, giving server admin the possibility to make actions and let a car continue the race :thumbsup: (y)

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Stewards review has been posted in post #2 here in the thread

I really hope the behaviour will increase as this is unacceptable at all.

The review about the tyre bug abuse will come latest wednesday

Yuri Kasdorp

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
We are a bit ashamed to admit but we got 5 drive throughs, are they all applied at once? I think we won't get them all done before the game tries to DQ us if that's the case.

Cameron Rodger

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
We are a bit ashamed to admit but we got 5 drive throughs, are they all applied at once? I think we won't get them all done before the game tries to DQ us if that's the case.
you get the next after you served the current one
so you get 5 laps per each DT

Dan Long

VEC Division 3
SRC Season pass
Well this is of the most insane IRRs I've seen on here. All I can say is Road Atlanta always promotes chaos. Was a fun race to watch on stream, just a shame there seem to have been so many incidents.

Neil Heatlie

SR.C License 4
Broadcast team
I believe Bernd makes a script that gives you a penalty every 300 seconds beginning at 300 into the race

Daniele Vidimari

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Race direction, i have 2 questions.

How is Alessio supposed to defend the position if this is punished with a DT for "blocking"?

From rules: "Blocking is defined as altering the race line in reaction to another driver in an attempt to prevent a pass."

So, if taking a corner (the one before the braking zone) a bit wider, in a smooth way and braking in the middle in a straight line is altering the race line, how can we defend our position when a opponent is in our draft?

This is a DT and being squeezed in the apex by a driver who take the corner as you are transparent is nothing? But this a rhetorical question.

Penalty - T. Urbinati - Avoidable contact; Drive through

Avoidable... how? How Tiziano could have avoided the contact when he was forced to take the very inside line to allow the P2 to lap him, and a lapped driver in a GTE tried to overtake him in the middle of the line, in the most single line turn of the world?

You said: "T. Urbinati hits the kerb of turn 5 and goes wide into C. Rodger " but is not true, the kerb is very flat and you can take it without any danger at full speed, is just the turn that allow a single line with a GTE, unless you mount a F1 style front wing.

Please a member to the race direction, answer to my 2 questions, we would love to avoid that kind of penalities next time.

Last edited:

Adam Karkuszewski

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
3474 - H. Wollert turns left on the backstraight, into A. Karkuszewski, forcing him into the wall. With heavy damage, A. Karkuszewski goes from left to right across the track, hitting B. Zwartenbol, which makes both cars spin. A. Karkuszewski locks his brakes for a second, then releases them and rolls back onto the circuit, collecting A. Schmurtz. This contact leads to A. Schmurtz hitting B. Zwartenbol again, who then nearly collects J.M. Cardenas.
Penalty - H. Wollert - Avoidable contact; 60 second stop and hold
Penalty - A. Karkuszewski - FTLB and avoidable contact with B. Zwartenbol; 60 second stop and hold
Penalty - A. Karkuszewski - FTLB and avoidable contact with A. Schmurtz; 60 second stop and hold
Stewards note: Penalty for FTLB are harsh here, but thats because it caused a major crash due to it

What is this ?!?
How was this "avoidable" accident ?

I was pushed with 200kmh into wall, my suspension was bend heavy, I had no control over car. If I would hit breaks I would end up in the middle of track anyway. There was no chance to "stop" the car in matter of few meters.
I didnt cause the major accident , but now I am the one who is most penilized ... seriously ?

Is it not enough penalty for ME that we got DNF , because of H.Wollert ? He destoyed our race and that LMP2 of Schmurtz. It wasnt me, and now we are heavy affected by it for next round.

In the name of WHAT ?

Last edited:

Joakim Stensnaes

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
3474 - H. Wollert turns left on the backstraight, into A. Karkuszewski, forcing him into the wall. With heavy damage, A. Karkuszewski goes from left to right across the track, hitting B. Zwartenbol, which makes both cars spin. A. Karkuszewski locks his brakes for a second, then releases them and rolls back onto the circuit, collecting A. Schmurtz. This contact leads to A. Schmurtz hitting B. Zwartenbol again, who then nearly collects J.M. Cardenas.
Penalty - H. Wollert - Avoidable contact; 60 second stop and hold
Penalty - A. Karkuszewski - FTLB and avoidable contact with B. Zwartenbol; 60 second stop and hold
Penalty - A. Karkuszewski - FTLB and avoidable contact with A. Schmurtz; 60 second stop and hold
Stewards note: Penalty for FTLB are harsh here, but thats because it caused a major crash due to it

What is this ?!?
How was this "avoidable" accident ?

I was pushed with 200kmh into wall, my suspension was bend heavy, I had no control over car. If I would hit breaks I would end up in the middle of track anyway. There was no chance to "stop" the car in matter of few meters.
I didnt cause the major accident , but now I am the one who is most penilized ... seriously ?

Is it not enough penalty for ME that we got DNF , because of H.Wollert ? He destoyed our race and that LMP2 of Schmurtz. It wasnt me, and now we are heavy affected by it for next round.

In the name of WHAT ?
science

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Race direction, i have 2 questions.

How is Alessio supposed to defend the position if this is punished with a DT for "blocking"?

From rules: "Blocking is defined as altering the race line in reaction to another driver in an attempt to prevent a pass."

So, if taking a corner (the one before the braking zone) a bit wider, in a smooth way and braking in the middle in a straight line is altering the race line, how can we defend our position when a opponent is in our draft?

This is a DT and being squeezed in the apex by a driver who take the corner as you are transparent is nothing? But this a rhetorical question.

Penalty - T. Urbinati - Avoidable contact; Drive through

Avoidable... how? How Tiziano could have avoided the contact when he was forced to take the very inside line to allow the P2 to lap him, and a lapped driver in a GTE tried to overtake him in the middle of the line, in the most single line turn of the world?

You said: "T. Urbinati hits the kerb of turn 5 and goes wide into C. Rodger " but is not true, the kerb is very flat and you can take it without any danger at full speed, is just the turn that allow a single line with a GTE, unless you mount a F1 style front wing.

Please a member to the race direction, answer to my 2 questions, we would love to avoid that kind of penalities next time.
I might be able to answer the first one, basically as it appears in your video, it looks to be reactionary, the normal line was to stay to the right, the car following gets a run and commits to go to the left, it appears like when the lead driver notices the car behind has a run he reacts and pushes to left, baulking the momentum on the car behind.

I don't think this would have been a penalty if the lead driver moved to the left earlier, but as the move had already begun it does look like a bit of a block.

I got a similar one last year, I misjudged how much room I left on the inside, and when I noticed, I moved further across but at the same time the following car made the same move. So although I didn't intentionally block the actual move, my actions did still have that effect. End result penalty.