What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 2 - Road Atlanta

David Beranek

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Before the start of the race during the voice check I didn't hear Bernd in #107 channel as well, then I moved to #197 channel and it worked o_O

If you think banning 15 drivers per round for speeding is a right way to go then fair enough until it applies to all the same.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Im not running this series - so you can argue all you want with me ;)
If you ask me then ofcause giving race bans to drivers not obeying the rules is obviously correct - but you heard the code 80 I assume.

Anyways - merry Christmas - I'm sure Bernd will respond after Christmas.

Now it's time to spend with family - have a good evening :)

Last edited:

Alessandro Puoti

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
During the first part of the race a p2 nearly send me into the wall on the left side of turn 2. I managed to avoid the wall and gain back the track slowing as much as i could on the wet grass. I received a 120, i repeat 120, second stop and go for something that was impossible to me to manage differently.
My question now is: is there anything going to change in the future for this cases?

Last edited:

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Merry christmas all. I suppose even with the first drive through removed. Don´t quite recall the exact time stamp we got TS we still get 3 on Azevedo. However it´s christmas and our first race here and we have no idea what we are doing. Possible to get a DQ for Road Atlanta and get all three running for Sebring seeing it´s christmas and a new year and all?

Also we have stop and hold 60 seconds plus 1 DT listed twice? Currently we should have Stop and hold 60 seconds plus two drive throughs in total not two stop and hold 60 seconds and 3 DTs? How does it work in pit stop it will automatically serve the penalty if you do a drive through or do you need to make the stop and hold first?

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
During the first part of the race a p2 nearly send me into the wall on the left side of turn 2. I managed to avoid the wall and gain back the track slowing as much as i could on the wet grass. I received a 120, i repeat 120, second stop and go for something that was impossible to me to manage differently.
My question now is: is there anything going to change in the future for this cases?
120? I see a 60 stop and hold I repeat 60.

You went over the limit of what the car could do and ruined the race of another team - this is a clear cut on what an avoidable contact is.
Sorry to say - this was way below your normal driving standard. Obviously you should have slowed even more down.
Would a car do this in real life? I dare to say no - the driver would have gone as slow as needed to avoid any incident with cars going 150-200 km/h

Merry christmas all. I suppose even with the first drive through removed. Don´t quite recall the exact time stamp we got TS we still get 3 on Azevedo. However it´s christmas and our first race here and we have no idea what we are doing. Possible to get a DQ for Road Atlanta and get all three running for Sebring seeing it´s christmas and a new year and all?

Also we have stop and hold 60 seconds plus 1 DT listed twice? Currently we should have Stop and hold 60 seconds plus two drive throughs in total not two stop and hold 60 seconds and 3 DTs? How does it work in pit stop it will automatically serve the penalty if you do a drive through or do you need to make the stop and hold first?
Per I'd suggest you go and read up on how to serve penalties - it is explained in the rules that you have read and understood, so I guess you just forgot.
Penalties will be assigned by our server plugin, depending on how I sort them you will get one before the other - this I can't commit to post as well. But you will get an notice in game about this.

Alessandro Puoti

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Jimmi i think you are refferring to another incident. I always tought that prototypes are responsible during the overtaking of gts and know you are telling me it was my fault, i'm a bit confused and no, the seconds in the pit for the stop and hold given by rfactor 2 were 120.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmi i think you are refferring to another incident. I always tought that prototypes are responsible during the overtaking of gts and know you are telling me it was my fault, i'm a bit confused and no, the seconds in the pit for the stop and hold given by rfactor 2 were 120.
Yes messed up the names, sorry :)
I was reffering to this one
2002 - D Pizzo comes back on track and drives into R Azevedo
Penalty - D Pizzo - Avoidable contact; Stop and hold 60 seconds

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
In the team penalty summary i see some numbers come out twice, even three times. Is is a mistake ?

Fabio Cangioli

VEC Division 2
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Depends on where.
During the several code 80's some driver breached the rules more than one time - could it be them?
I think he was expecting to see the total amount of penalties for each teams, it would be nice to have that final overview :)

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Yes, that's what i meant.
For example we (#115) are 3 times in the list with the same penalty, surely because each driver of our team f***ed up lul, but does that mean that we have 1 SnH of 30s or 3 SnH of 30s ?

Per Oqvist

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
120? I see a 60 stop and hold I repeat 60.

You went over the limit of what the car could do and ruined the race of another team - this is a clear cut on what an avoidable contact is.
Sorry to say - this was way below your normal driving standard. Obviously you should have slowed even more down.
Would a car do this in real life? I dare to say no - the driver would have gone as slow as needed to avoid any incident with cars going 150-200 km/h

Per I'd suggest you go and read up on how to serve penalties - it is explained in the rules that you have read and understood, so I guess you just forgot.
Penalties will be assigned by our server plugin, depending on how I sort them you will get one before the other - this I can't commit to post as well. But you will get an notice in game about this.
There is nothing more stated then we get them during the first 10 laps. If we get all at once in what order do we serve them and if you have 6 penalties do you need to serve them in five laps?

Mike Bell

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
There is nothing more stated then we get them during the first 10 laps. If we get all at once in what order do we serve them and if you have 6 penalties do you need to serve them in five laps?
Last race they were assigned every 300 seconds or so, should give a couple laps per penalty.

Ricardo Azevedo

SR.C License 4
Reaction score
Unfortunatly we miss pre-season and Montreal first round, I didnt know about that hard penaltys with CODE 80, I didnt hear GREEN FLAG, take me 15 to 20 sec to realized race already start, same with first CODE 80 no whisper, I decided to put limiter on without knowing that CODE 80 was install, after this my team mates told Bernd and he made something with whisper and problem solved, the others code 80´s I exceeded speed in 1 or 2 sec true, and team penaltys are well-allocated, but I never had any penalty always drive clean and fair, always following the rules, so get a ban and no warning before it's very heavy :( I'm devastated...

David Jundt

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
No worries David, it was a chaotic race, these things will happen. Appreciate you sending your team mate over to apologise as well, its amazing how much a simple apology can improve ones mood. I look forward to battling you again next round!
I didn't feel comfortable with leaving you in the dark until either after my stint or at the end of the race, so I suggested to Chris that someone should go over and apologise in my name, even if it doesn't change the fact I messed that one up like a total noob.

"You just went full retard, never go full retard"

Sorry again:(

Also sad to see that @Thomas Hinss messed up under Code 80 and is now banned for the next race:(

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Also if you state that "you will get a race ban if you have recieved 3x speeding" then I don't understand why some drivers don't have one as well?
A Peretti (3x)
J Fernandez (3x)
M Mueller (3x)
G Angelidis (3x)
M Somma (5x)
E Schaller (3x)
All drivers over 3x get a race ban, maybe that wasn't clear enough and M Somma will be added to the list.

I dont understand why azevedo get penalties when the server admin made a misstake and not adding us to the teamspeak? Mine is probably correct though I did compensate.
Berndt managed to fix the problem so he must know. But that was after the start and a couple code 80s maybe the speedings where after that? After I got the message it been fixed ts worked again. I suspect we wherent added in the whisper list?
Only i've raised up my microphone volume and tbh there is a voice check during the warm up, if you've any issues contact me during the voice check!!!

Before the start of the race during the voice check I didn't hear Bernd in #107 channel as well, then I moved to #197 channel and it worked o_O

If you think banning 15 drivers per round for speeding is a right way to go then fair enough until it applies to all the same.
As i've mentioned above, contact me on teamspeak during the voice check if you've issues!!!!

In the team penalty summary i see some numbers come out twice, even three times. Is is a mistake ?
If there are 3 different drivers on the car and everyone of them get a penalty, then you'll have 3 different penalties for this car at the next race.

--------------------------------------------------------

Next race, i'll also write in the game chat: Voice check now, please be sure that you can hear me on teamspeak. But this won't be change anything now on the penalties!

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
So each driver will have to make one separate SnH, right ?
No, the starting driver has to serve all the penalties of the car, cause the penalties will go out like it was on Road Atlanta, means after 300, 600, 900sec and so on