What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 2 - Fuji

Thomas Lachevre

Reaction score
thanks guys, great race for us, good fighting and so much pressure at the end. Thanks for broadcast and my congrats to Rajin Racing.

And for the mirrors, I unfortunately did not know :( I have only completed 7 races on rF2 so I am still really inexperienced with this, but now I know.
Thanks for commentating on the race and looking forward to battle it out with you on track! :)
You can change mirror FOV (player.json "Rearview Height")

See you at Istanbul.

David Beranek

Reaction score
Congrats to Ghost and Raijin on their wins!
as for us great we could fight for victory but wasnt meant to be, started on drys and pistop + penalty served we were 50s behind the lead, managed to bring it back to 7seconds when i gave the car to Arwin, lots of p2´s going missing braking by 100mts hitting race contenders :( with no apologies ;)
That incident cost our car 1 minute of lead which had potential to turn into his very first win in simracing, I think he regrets it more than you think ;)
But I know that feel, some GT (not yours) ploughed me exactly the same way on same place few laps after the start from 300m distance and we had to drive all race with suspension damage :unsure:
I want to apologize to 1Aco GTE car #56 for my crash in 1st corner, i miss brake point. It was my fail. I hope your damage was low. Have a nice day.

Gasper Zupan

Reaction score
Well, this was "lesson learned" type of race for us. We started with wet tires as we were sure the track is going to be wet. To our surprise - it wasn't, so we started to pray for rain and it came :D But then we smashed our suggababe into the wall at T1. We decided to pit and swap drivers, but there was LMP2 of @Andrea Martino moving very slow on the way to the pit entry. We saw him in last moment, Bozo hit the brakes and damaged car as it was, just spun into the back of LMP2. At this point, we apologize to RMS-ACAS team for the accident. So we decided to repair the car and I took over. My stint was ok, I just struggled to get into the rhythm on first laps. My personal goal was to avoid incidents for all costs and I achieved that. Then the other Gasper took over and accidentally blew the engine. We put all the blame to his racing engineer for putting "neutral" button on the wheel too close to his fingers. And also.. there was no clutch pedal in the car :eek: Next to blame is braking engineer for playing around with our brake balance and forgot to put it back to our standard setting. More drama followed a few days after the race as @Bozo Fujs , @Gasper Grebenc an myself walked back into our team office and caught our PR manager and the two above mentioned engineers, consuming our sponsorship donuts. No wonder why our official press release is so late :( They were all immediately fired :D

Congratulations to winners and podium holders. Well done admins/race directors for great recovery at the start. I can't imagine being in your shoes at that time. Hats down.
See you all in Turkey. Let's check how baklava reacts when it bumps into fine Slovenian donut ;)

Andrea Martino

Reaction score
@Gaspar Zupan no need to apologize, it was mainly my fault and I apologize to you all. My car was severely damaged by a previous accident and we thought to make some repairs and change the driver at the same time. In the middle of the race my steering wheel went crazy and changed some settings as it was possessed by some evil entity. My team mate had a lot of problem joining the server and I tried to slow down to give him more time and to avoid another lap with an undrivable car. At the end for some reason we were not able to swap the driver. A race to forget for us.

Last edited:

Artur Szykula

Reaction score
2nd time smashed by another car with big laaag (probably by Track Map leaking of Memory and restart GPU driver)
had over 20 minutes of repairs

Smashed at Indy and at Fuji :-(

Markus Fruehauf

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, but Felix was too lazy and I was on vacation after this tough race.

At the beginning of our training session’s und dry conditions, we had a better performance than in Indy. But then we saw the weather forecast and we never found a good setup to drive fast laps under this bad conditions. We decided to use a high downforce setup to have more safety.

First we had to change the roles, because Felix couldn’t make it to the start. So I drove my first qualifying at VLMS and it was a disappointment: Just P14. I had chances for P11, but every time I made a mistake when I was on a faster lap.

Short before the start we had the problem that we didn’t know what we should do: Slicks or Wets. We decided us for the wet tyres and fortunately it was the correct decision. Due to the penalties of our opponents I could make a big step forward from P14 to P5. But during my first stint I realized, that I’m not fast enough to close the gap to the next GT-cars in front of me. So I tried to drive a stint without any mistakes. But a few laps after my pit-stop, I had a contact with another GT-car during a fight for P7. I cannot remember who it was, but I’m very sorry for this crash. I was too optimistic.

After this incident I had great problems to drive the car, because the suspension at the right side was damaged. I made more and more mistakes and had a lot of luck that I hadn’t a big crash. So I lost more and more positions. Felix and I decided to make the driver change in the middle of my second stint. Unfortunately the repair of the car needed additional 2 minutes and so Felix started his race at P11.

But Felix felt good at the wet conditions and he could overtake the teams in front of us without any great problems. But after he came to P6 he realized that the gap to P5 was too big and the race too short, to close a gap of one lap to the next car. Due the fact, that the car on P7 had a gap of one lap to us Felix finished the rest of the race without any risk.

After the race we were very happy to finish at this positon. We think that P6 was the maximum for us at this day. Maybe without my fault we had a chance for P5 or better, but due to our performance in the rain we could be very glad to earn so many points to safe the leader position in the championship.

See you soon at Istanbul!

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score
Reviews are posted and don't forget it's final, so there is no need to write tons of tickets

Felix Heinen

Reaction score
We are reviewing why some penalties did not come through, if your team did not serve the penalty which was imposed on you from last round - expect that penalty to be assigned on next round.
There is an entry in the track.gdb called "AdditivePenalties". This has to be set to "0". In your .rfm this is set so "0" but not in the track.gdb. Some values are prirorized from gdb and some from rfm. So that may be something you should look at.

Allan Roloff Groth

Reaction score
VLMS Incident report

17.8 All decisions made by the Stewards are final. Drivers are allowed to notify the Stewards if a decision violates one of SRC´s rules.

Orange Zone

Other Incidents

1078 - O. Fortin doesnt respect the line of the T. Kubik and send him into the wall
Penalty - O. Fortin - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold

2024 - P. Peralta is to late on the brakes and crashed into D. Beranek
Penalty - P. Peralta - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold

3800 - T. Kubik ignored blue flags for more than 4 corners
Penalty - T. Kubik - Drive through

4931 - M. Fruehauf is too late on the brakes and dived into the corner against G. Lapadula
Penalty - M Furehauf - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold

8242 - M. Folcher spun in T1 and he can see that D. Beranek is approching but he drive directly into Beranek's driving line
Penalty - M. Folcher - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold

9607 - R. Norgren is by far to aggresive here and doesnt respect that there is a GT still on the racing line
Penalty - R.Norgren - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold

12746 - D. Tulli unsafe track rejoin and hit M. Folcher
Penalty - D. Tulli - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & Hold

12739 - P.Hejzlar brakes far to late and rams into A. Taruna
Penalty – P. Hejzlar - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & hold

13923 - Unsafe rejoin from M. Mlynek, failure to lock brakes and make it unpredictable for M. Folcher
Penalty - M. Mlynek - Failure locking brakes & unsafe track rejoin - 30sec Stop&Hold

Code 80 Violations
None

Post race
None

Track cutting
None

Penalty Summary

Penalty - O. Fortin - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - P. Peralta - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - T. Kubik - Drive through
Penalty - M Furehauf - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - M. Folcher - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - R.Norgren - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - D. Tulli - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & Hold
Penalty – P. Hejzlar - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & hold
Penalty - M. Mlynek - Failure locking brakes & unsafe track rejoin - 30sec Stop&Hold

Team Penalty Summary

Penalty - #39 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #90 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #92 - Drive through
Penalty - #66 - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - #1 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #19 - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - #28 - 60sec Stop & Hold
Penalty – #7 - 60sec Stop & hold
Penalty - #3 - 30sec Stop&Hold

Stewards Comments and Feedback

We are reviewing why some penalties did not come through, if your team did not serve the penalty which was imposed on you from last round - expect that penalty to be assigned on next round.

- C Reina raceban from Indianapolis has been lifted
- F Benedetti raceban from Indianapolis has been lifted
- O Fortin probation stands for Istanbul
- M Surhanak probation stands for Istanbul

Probation:

Race bans:

Abbreviations
DQ = Disqualified
GR = Gentlemen Rule
AC = Avoidable Contact
IF = Infraction
RI = Racing Incident
W = Warning
S&H = Stop and Hold
DT = Drive Through
Just noticed that I made a dislike instead of like, my mistake :)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
There is an entry in the track.gdb called "AdditivePenalties". This has to be set to "0". In your .rfm this is set so "0" but not in the track.gdb. Some values are prirorized from gdb and some from rfm. So that may be something you should look at.
The rfm and track files are similar to previous seasons but worth investigating