What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 2 - Fuji

Tony Mella

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
FINALLY !
Finally a victory after struggling with bad luck for so long. Hard fought, can't be happier. Dabbing of joy right now heh
Qualified P4 after a quite stressful qualifying session as the track was drying. I messed up my last lap while i was almost the last car on the track and thus had the driest track possible. But anyway, P4 was enough for us to have a shot for the lead.

Start of the race was great, uneventful. I managed to overtake 2 cars i think, before going to pit when the rain started. After that i was fighting with @Borja Millan who managed to spin RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME :mad::mad::mad:. Joke was just a pure race incident, just a bit of a bad luck here (hello again). So we had to do a full lap without front end, and we had a 110s pit stop.
So from there it was just a recovery race, trying to grind as much as possible. From P14-15, managed to come back to P5-6 before giving the wheel to Thomas.
At this point, we thought we could at least secure top 5 as we had the pace for it. We also had a delayed strategy and we hoped that Thomas would have only 1 pit stop to do. After some struggle to find the pace (and a small spin huh), Thomas managed to gain some time on the guys in front. He even came out P3 after his pit. At this point we were thinking about not stopping until the end or do a super quick stop to add 5-6L if needed, so we knew we could gain a lot of time as eveyrone had to pit and change the tyres. We thought we could reach 2nd, great result regarding what happened at the beginning.

But then the leader crashed. Code 80. We were 2nd, as the guy in front of us stopped. We didn't know it was the leader who had crashed, so we were like "ok let's not pit, we can save fuel and not pit until the end". But as soon as we realized what was really on, we decided to pit and add some fuel just to be sure. After the code 80, we were just behind the leader. Something i would never imagine afterour shake start of the race. But here Thomas was, attacking Hejzlar. He was quicker than us on the straight, making the job pretty hard. And behin, Zweirs came back like a mad man. So we had to be quick, without making the mistake that would screw everything up. I let you imagine the pressure Thomas had... Surely about the same as Hejzlar, though. After an epic 3 drivers battle (no hard feeling about your action @Jordy Zwiers ;) ), we managed to WIN IT.

Can't believe it. We fought so hard. Glad all the hard work paid off. Well i guess it illustrates the fact that you should never give up !
Congratz to everyone, was overall clean (only 1 code 80), even though there was some... dangerous situations that could've been avoided time to time.

Last edited:
That was pretty satisfying. Even last night I was really badly struggling with the wet conditions, but then @Allie Ferrie put together a rudimentary but very effective wet setup for the race and everything just clicked. It was a shame that Allie got caught up in a bizarre incident which caused her to lose the rear wing because I think we might have challenged well into the top 10 otherwise. Such is life.

I took over the car at our second stop, pretty much on the 2 hour mark. My first stint was pretty uneventful apart from losing the rear at the penultimate corner and hitting the wall at like 2 mph, thankfully not doing any major damage. After my first stop, I managed to just about keep pace with 2nd place after they lapped me, which was quite pleasing. I quickly realised we wouldn't make the end on fuel but thankfully there was one Code 80 which allowed us to pit without losing much time. As the rain stopped, I lost a bundle of time as I wasn't confident enough on the drying track but P10 fell away for some reason and the rain came back so it was a pretty straightforward run to 9th.

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
FINALLY !
Finally a victory after struggling with bad luck for so long. Hard fought, can't be happier. Dabbing of joy right now heh
Qualified P4 after a quite stressful qualifying session as the track was drying. I messed up my last lap while i was almost the last car on the track and thus had the driest track possible. But anyway, P4 was enough for us to have a shot for the lead.

Start of the race was great, uneventful. I managed to overtake 2 cars i think, before going to pit when the rain started. After that i was fighting with @Borja Millan who managed to spin RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME :mad::mad::mad:. Joke was just a pure race incident, just a bit of a bad luck here (hello again). So we had to do a full lap without front end, and we had a 110s pit stop.
So from there it was just a recovery race, trying to grind as much as possible. From P14-15, managed to come back to P5-6 before giving the wheel to Thomas.
At this point, we thought we could at least secure top 5 as we had the pace for it. We also had a delayed strategy and we hoped that Thomas would have only 1 pit stop to do. After some struggle to find the pace (and a small spin huh), Thomas managed to gain some time on the guys in front. He even came out P3 after his pit. At this point we were thinking about not stopping until the end or do a super quick stop to add 5-6L if needed, so we knew we could gain a lot of time as eveyrone had to pit and change the tyres. We thought we could reach 2nd, great result regarding what happened at the beginning.

But then the leader crashed. Code 80. We were 2nd, as the guy in front of us stopped. We didn't know it was the leader who had crashed, so we were like "ok let's not pit, we can save fuel and not pit until the end". But as soon as we realized what was really on, we decided to pit and add some fuel just to be sure. After the code 80, we were just behind the leader. Something i would never imagine afterour shake start of the race. But here Thomas was, attacking Hejzlar. He was quicker than us on the straight, making the job pretty hard. And behin, Zweirs came back like a mad man. So we had to be quick, without making the mistake that would screw everything up. I let you imagine the pressure Thomas had... Surely about the same as Hejzlar, though. After an epic 3 drivers battle (no hard feeling about your action @Jordy Zwiers ;) ), we managed to WIN IT.

Can't believe it. We fought so hard. Glad all the hard work paid off. Well i guess it illustrates the fact that you should never give up !
Congratz to everyone, was overall clean (only 1 code 80), even though there was some... dangerous situations that could've been avoided time to time.
Congrats Tony and Thomas!! Well deserved victory, awesome to see you guys get your first win here.

David Beranek

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
After last month's journey from P12 to P2 at Indy another race full of great fights with others as well as with own car as our rear right suspension got damaged from some GT who completely missed brakes in T1 few laps after the start and I chose to somehow get used to increased instability and steering wheel turned a bit to side rather than repair altrough had few hard times to keep it in right direction. I even turned on that awful thing called TC :cautious:. It slowed me down a bit and made driving more difficult but except that it didn't felt too bad for me as night and rain usually fits me well (wish my GPU and team mate could agree with me :lol: :Laugh: )
To my suprise even with that damage I was still able to chase down and overtake cars in front and soon even got into lead! When I took the lead headlights behind me suddenly disappeared and I saw only some little flash I guess in one of my side mirrors and my instinct was telling me not to turn in corner I was heading into. One second after I hit the brake my friend @Sherwin vd Sloot flew across the track backwards in high speed right past my front!:eek: Amazing :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Then I tried to make some gap, after some time it looked well, closest people on similar strategy as us were nearly or over lap behind before swap. A bit shame that we couldn't hold the gap and lost P1 in last minutes, but totally enjoyed every lap anyways, congratulations to the winners!

Boris Vakholsky

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
#83 Black Hawk Racing. So tense race and hard conditions during all the sessions. But we qualified on very good 4th position. Then stupid mistake at the start with wrong mixture and I lost 1 position, but then I had good battle for podium until the rain and penalty from last race. But in the rain we looked not so bad so considering all incidents during the race, 4th position at the finish also looks pretty good. Congratulations to Rajin Racing, good job, guys! Of course, congratulations to P2 podium too. And congratulations to all drivers that we had only 1 code 80 in that conditions.;)

So 24 hours before the race one of our drivers notified us he couldn’t run, so we had to find a quick solution. It was too late to add a new driver and initially I wasn’t available. 15 hours before the start of qualifying I managed too get some time in the morning an time for Q + the first two stints. 4 hours before qualifying I ran my first laps. It was going to be my endurance debut, at night, in the pouring rain, a full year after last racing URD GT’s, two years after last running the Corvette (which was URD v1 back then, so useless) and no setup on my hands so had to build something from scratch.

Running quite a lot of wing made the car pretty slow on the straight compared to some other cars, but given the situation I felt I had to play it safe and don’t take any risks. The car was stable (most of the time) and pretty good to drive.

I have to say, I didn’t really start out all that optimistic, but my experience running the USF2000 and the Radical the last year have helped me a lot yesterday. Over the course of the day I improved from being 4 seconds off pace to sitting about a second behind the front of the GT field, which was also the gap in qualifying, giving us p7 on the grid. I was pretty surprised given the circumstance.

The start of the race was interesting. The track was completely dry and I found myself driving on wets with some cars around me on slicks. Either a lot of cars had penalties and opted to run slicks untill then, or they chose the wrong tire altogether, but after about 20 minutes pretty much everyone in front of our car went in and I found myself in p3!

Then aproaching the first stop I felt that the tires were ok-ish. Not perfect, but good enough to go for a double stint. This threw is into the lead for about 15 minutes before Fortin and Barclay inevitably reached us and overtook us. Then a satisfying battle and some contact when an LMP2 span on my left dropped us to p5, which is where I brought the car in and Kevin took over.

Unfortunately he blew the engine, end of race, so in a way all my work was for nothing. On the other hand, I’ve learned a lot and gained some valuable experience I’ll be able to use in the future! :D

Last edited:
Wow! Raijin Racing are winners in VLMS!
After everything that went wrong at Indy from my point of view this was a perfect race for us.

@Felix-Antoine Fortin put the car in 2nd in quali, which was exactly where we deserved to be at that point. We were still due a drive through penalty from Indy, but the time lost there is quite minimal, so no worries there. Felix got a bit stressed with the race start delayed and he feared he was now out of his zone. In the end the best call of the day for us was to start on wets anyway? Felix did a stellar job in keeping his position in the opening laps until it started raining and almost everyone needed to come in for wets, including the 1Aco which we were battling. We were then in 1st for the rest of the stint IIRC and Felix didn't put a foot wrong.

At the swap, with about 1.45 to go we had about a 10s lead and when I came out the gap was about 6s. However, in the dry I am slower than Felix, so I expected to lose the position to 1Aco pretty quickly. To my surprise our wet setup was so good that I could run great pace to keep and even extend the gap to Taruna. Felix already mentioned in his stints that the car felt great and stable and I felt as one with the car as well, so it's perfect when two drivers like the car in the same way? As I said, pretty much a perfect race for the #88 as I didn't make any major mistakes, so I could extend the gap to about 15-20s coming into the last half our. Then, when it started to dry out, it became clear that Taruna was getting quicker, so I was relieved it started raining again and we could keep the gap.

So, Raijin #88 takes their first victory in VLMS and Felix and myself take our first wins at SRC!
I want to say, good job to the admin for getting the event back up as soon as possible and thanks for providing the rudimentary stream that was very necessary for everyone to have a clue about what was happening. It's a shame this issue didn't come up earlier, as I would've liked to show the race to my friends with all the nice overlays and stuff :)

Also, I must say the driving from what I could see today was very good. I have some very small touched with some P2 that were unsighted at some point, but that's to be expected. Most difficult part was lapping GT traffic as they didn't want to lose much time to get lapped as everything was so close. People were of course driving a bit under the edge, which gives everyone more time and space to react, but 1 code80 in a difficult race like this is pretty much perfect. This also means that we won the race on pure merit and pace, as opposed to getting lucky with pitting under code 80s :)

Congrats to Mellow and 1Aco for the podiums and also to the P2 drivers that had a very hard fought race! See you at Istanbul

Was this his fault or was this a weird engine failure?
I'm not sure actually. He said that he shifted a bit early, but I haven't seen a replay of it so couldn't judge if it's similar to the problems others had or actually too early / double downshift.

Allie Ferrie

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Feeling a bit sorry hearing that someone else had an engine failure potentially caused by nothing, while on the other hand I accidentally shifted into reverse on the back straight at 70mph and made it out just fine :lol: :Laugh:

Jordy Zwiers

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Thanks mate :) gj with your top 5

Oh and btw thanks to @Bernd Schmidt for the drive through (check bank account ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) )
I think you offered him more then I did :( Just kidding ofcourse :p It was not my intention to drive you off the road :unsure: I now know I cannot trust the mirror AT ALL and I will make sure im 10km futher up the road cuz I really cant trust the virtual mirror... I just wanted to defend the inside, but I obviously wasnt aware you were along side me.

I also tried to bail out of the RGPL event, but I could not see a damn out of this cockpit (no vr or triples :confused:) but it was too late. I slowed down to give RGPL their deserved P2, and it was funny to see how the commentators went crazy thinking I had a massive shunt or something :lol: :Laugh: If I just had some patience, even after the contact I managed to catch the leader again :confused: But congratz to the top 2, fully deserved and lets have a clean battle in Turkey :)

Last edited:

Alex Braeutigam

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Was this his fault or was this a weird engine failure?
There aren't weird engine failures! It's pretty simple, there are 3 ways to destroy the engine.

1. Hardware failure, more precisely, issue with gear shift paddles
2. Manual double downshift
3. Consistent aggressive downshifting

The engine will blow up, when the revs reach a really high value! Unfortunately it happened to your team. That's it

Nick Newcombe

VEC Division 3
Broadcast team
SRC Season pass
I think you offered him more then I did :( Just kidding ofcourse :p It was not my intention to drive you off the road :unsure: I now know I cannot trust the mirror AT ALL and I will make sure im 10km futher up the road cuz I really cant trust the virtual mirror... I just wanted to defend the inside, but I obviously wasnt aware you were along side me.

I also tried to bail out of the RGPL event, but I could not see a damn out of this cockpit (no vr or triples :confused:) but it was too late. I slowed down to give RGPL their deserved P2, and it was funny to see how the commentators went crazy thinking I had a massive shunt or something :lol: :Laugh: If I just had some patience, even after the contact I managed to catch the leader again :confused: But congratz to the top 2, fully deserved and lets have a clean battle in Turkey :)
We wondered in the booth as you had such a gap to third, but a move to give back P2 is admired by me at least. Great race, but I know the virtual mirrors offer no real view whatsoever. Your pace was on point yesterday, and I thought you jumping back in car was a move to win it for SimHQ, which if you listen to broadcast it was a call I made even before Q session. Good luck for remaining races, I'm back in the cockpit for Round 3, hoping to have some close batlles with you then. :thumbsup: (y)

Felix Heinen

SR.C License 4
I saw that a lot of penalties from the last race which were applied by live stewards in the first 10-15 minutes were not served. Will this be rewatched by stewards or is it nessasary that they have to be reported with IRR?

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Thanks mate :) gj with your top 5

Oh and btw thanks to @Bernd Schmidt for the drive through (check bank account ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) )
I'm disappointed my bank account doesnt show the millions you promised me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: *sarcasm out*

Back to serious notes:

First of all thank you to everyone for your patience after the server crash and also that we wasn't able to give you a live timing nor a perfect broadcast as we do it normally, i tried my best to make it happened, but at all i'm not happy with it at all, cause it wasnt that professional as it should be and i really dont like that. Thanks to @Neil Heatlie and @Nick Newcombe for your effort that you make the stream as interesting as it was with your great comms over the whole 4h.

Also a congratulations to all drivers for the great behaviour yesterday on track with this conditions, only 1 C80 and less live penalties has shown that i was right, you can do it much better as it was at Indi. If all of you keep this standard over through the whole season, all of us will have great races and a lot of fun :)

Have a great time and see you all in 4 weeks for the next round at Istanbul

Cheers

Nico Barclay

VEC Division 1
VLMS
VEC Season Pass
SRC Season pass
Congrats to Ghost and Raijin on their wins!
as for us great we could fight for victory but wasnt meant to be, started on drys and pistop + penalty served we were 50s behind the lead, managed to bring it back to 7seconds when i gave the car to Arwin, lots of p2´s going missing braking by 100mts hitting race contenders :( with no apologies
Thanks for the Admins that managed to get the race going and the stream aswell ;)

Last edited:

Jordy Zwiers

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
We wondered in the booth as you had such a gap to third, but a move to give back P2 is admired by me at least. Great race, but I know the virtual mirrors offer no real view whatsoever. Your pace was on point yesterday, and I thought you jumping back in car was a move to win it for SimHQ, which if you listen to broadcast it was a call I made even before Q session. Good luck for remaining races, I'm back in the cockpit for Round 3, hoping to have some close batlles with you then. :thumbsup: (y)
I havent been able to watch the stream yet, too busy celebrating VERs third win. :lol: :Laugh: Nah, on a serious note, Ill watch it back later :) And I could not finish second with the idea how I achieved it, so I slowed down and gave it back. I want to achieve good things fair, which I couldnt achieve on the end. Interesting call, as I did not consider myself for the win, especially not after Q. And as far as im aware I did not show anything special in indy so no idea how you knew, i did not know at all i was gonna be competitive :lol: :Laugh: thanks for the compliment :)
And for the mirrors, I unfortunately did not know :( I have only completed 7 races on rF2 so I am still really inexperienced with this, but now I know.
Thanks for commentating on the race and looking forward to battle it out with you on track! :)

Try crew chief. Tell you very accurate when you are clear.
I think I have no other option - you will see soon why ;)

Last edited: