What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 2 - Fuji

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Race date: 28. October
Race Length: 4 hours
Simulated Race Time: 01:00-05:00
Time accelerated: x1
Weather:
Live weather

Race schedule:
14:55 - Server reboot
15:00 - Open practice (ensure only STARTING driver is on the server)
15:55 - All cars must be on the server
16:00 - 16:20 - LMGT Q (5 min break)
16:25 - 16:45 - LMP2 Q
16:45 - Warmup
16:55 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pitlimiter
17:00 - Green flag, when YOU exit T16

Classes: LM-P2, and LM-GT

rFactor 2: Latest build (1108)
Liveview and FLT:
Coming soon
Event on facebook: Click here
Flag rules:
Black only
Broadcast: Yes

Please review
the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

SRC Stewards

Administrator
Reaction score
VLMS Incident report

17.8 All decisions made by the Stewards are final. Drivers are allowed to notify the Stewards if a decision violates one of SRC´s rules.

Orange Zone

Other Incidents

1078 - O. Fortin doesnt respect the line of the T. Kubik and send him into the wall
Penalty - O. Fortin - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold

2024 - P. Peralta is to late on the brakes and crashed into D. Beranek
Penalty - P. Peralta - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold

3800 - T. Kubik ignored blue flags for more than 4 corners
Penalty - T. Kubik - Drive through

4931 - M. Fruehauf is too late on the brakes and dived into the corner against G. Lapadula
Penalty - M Furehauf - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold

8242 - M. Folcher spun in T1 and he can see that D. Beranek is approching but he drive directly into Beranek's driving line
Penalty - M. Folcher - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold

9607 - R. Norgren is by far to aggresive here and doesnt respect that there is a GT still on the racing line
Penalty - R.Norgren - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold

12746 - D. Tulli unsafe track rejoin and hit M. Folcher
Penalty - D. Tulli - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & Hold

12739 - P.Hejzlar brakes far to late and rams into A. Taruna
Penalty – P. Hejzlar - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & hold

13923 - Unsafe rejoin from M. Mlynek, failure to lock brakes and make it unpredictable for M. Folcher
Penalty - M. Mlynek - Failure locking brakes & unsafe track rejoin - 30sec Stop&Hold

Code 80 Violations
None

Post race
None

Track cutting
None

Penalty Summary

Penalty - O. Fortin - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - P. Peralta - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - T. Kubik - Drive through
Penalty - M Furehauf - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - M. Folcher - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - R.Norgren - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - D. Tulli - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & Hold
Penalty – P. Hejzlar - Avoidable contact - 60sec Stop & hold
Penalty - M. Mlynek - Failure locking brakes & unsafe track rejoin - 30sec Stop&Hold

Team Penalty Summary

Penalty - #39 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #90 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #92 - Drive through
Penalty - #66 - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - #1 - 60sec Stop&Hold
Penalty - #19 - 60sec Stop&hold
Penalty - #28 - 60sec Stop & Hold
Penalty – #7 - 60sec Stop & hold
Penalty - #3 - 30sec Stop&Hold

Stewards Comments and Feedback

We are reviewing why some penalties did not come through, if your team did not serve the penalty which was imposed on you from last round - expect that penalty to be assigned on next round.

- C Reina raceban from Indianapolis has been lifted
- F Benedetti raceban from Indianapolis has been lifted
- O Fortin probation stands for Istanbul
- M Surhanak probation stands for Istanbul

Probation:

Race bans:

Abbreviations
DQ = Disqualified
GR = Gentlemen Rule
AC = Avoidable Contact
IF = Infraction
RI = Racing Incident
W = Warning
S&H = Stop and Hold
DT = Drive Through

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
We are aware that the trackmap is not shown 100% on the live page, hang in there - there is limitations in the view.

Riccardo Alitta

SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Actually the race is between 3 and 7 and I think is 3 am and 7 am ... Because Indianapolis was at 14:00 to 18:00
We are having a night race

Eric Wesstrom

Reaction score
Just thinking of the start, we had a couple of issues with people having different opinions of where the turn started/ended and people not reading the rules. Would it be possible to clarify the rules a bit further? Like once the car is straight or using something on the track, like curbing or a line to determine where you're supposed to start... I've no access to my PC for a few days, so can't check the track unfortunately to see if this is possible.

It gets easier for you, the admins, to see if someone goes too early as well, making easier to give out potential penalties.

Brian van Beusekom

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
I wanted to comment on that too. In the stream there was a picture of the track map with a green line for the starting point. Maybe I'm blind, but I've never seen that anywhere here on the forum. So I'm not surprised people had a different opinion on what the exit was.
We were lucky that we had someone watching the stream, otherwise we were going to go at the apex, because there was a picture in the VEC thread where the apex was confirmed as the starting point.
I see there is a map in post 1 this time, so hopefully it will be better already, but I think having a line showing the exact position would be even better.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
Unless we want to add a GMT and edit the track all over, we are going to have to TRUST people read the post. OR listen to the pre-race notes on teamspeak. Its explained to a certain degree, so unless you dont understand english - or simply havent taken the time to review - then you should be all good.
When YOU exit a turn, come on people! its really not that hard. Its been used for many seasons in VEC and we have never had this amount of silliness on race start.

However if we start using something like a cone on one track and a curb/pillar or whatever on another track, thats when the confusion start i think.

Eric Wesstrom

Reaction score
Yes, I understand that the responsibility is on us drivers doing the correct thing and inform ourselves, and it should be. But we are racing in an "academy" series, mistakes will be made.

I'm just thinking that as the ruling is now, it's subjective. We can have all the pictures and guidelines to help us, but in the heat of the moment you'll probably screw it up somehow anyway. I did it myself when I got into the seat during the race, at pit exit I hit the pit limiter and started accelerating, during a Code 80. Thankfully I realised it instantly (think I topped out at 95) and slowed down to lose the time I gained. And this happened because I was nervous and excited.

If you can manage to get a start line into the track, or if it exists a suitable one, like DRS, drivers can much more easily tell where to start. And you won't get people saying "I thought that this was the starting point" when they really just started because the driver in front started, and hoping to get away with it due to the ruling having a slight leeway..

I know it's a lot of work, but I think that this will make the job much easier for everyone, both you and the racers.

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
SR.C License 4
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Well as you can see in the first post, i made the circle of T16 green, an arrow on it and write down again green flag when you exit T16, when people not reading those things, i can't do more here in this post, than blame them for it.

Maybe i'll do some other stuff for it ingame, but i dont wanna promise some, atm you've post #1 here in the thread with the trackmap and the green circle in it.

Borja Millan

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that the responsibility is on us drivers doing the correct thing and inform ourselves, and it should be. But we are racing in an "academy" series, mistakes will be made.

I'm just thinking that as the ruling is now, it's subjective. We can have all the pictures and guidelines to help us, but in the heat of the moment you'll probably screw it up somehow anyway. I did it myself when I got into the seat during the race, at pit exit I hit the pit limiter and started accelerating, during a Code 80. Thankfully I realised it instantly (think I topped out at 95) and slowed down to lose the time I gained. And this happened because I was nervous and excited.

If you can manage to get a start line into the track, or if it exists a suitable one, like DRS, drivers can much more easily tell where to start. And you won't get people saying "I thought that this was the starting point" when they really just started because the driver in front started, and hoping to get away with it due to the ruling having a slight leeway..

I know it's a lot of work, but I think that this will make the job much easier for everyone, both you and the racers.
I think the rule it's pretty clear. If people don't understand what is the exit of a turn...

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
Even though I understand what you are saying - There won’t be made hours of work in game nor will I update each track with this - just because x amount of drivers don’t understand a simple rule.
If these people won’t learn they go back into SRCA!

Joona Karimaa

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
If these people won’t learn they go back into SRCA!
Now in this point i would say why not to use the exact same starting procedure in SRCA? Then you would never get a license if you don't understand it.

I think the rule is actually very simple but people are overthinking it. Also now that there is a official trackmap you should be aware of the numbers of the turns.

Just my 2cents..

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
Now in this point i would say why not to use the exact same starting procedure in SRCA? Then you would never get a license if you don't understand it.

I think the rule is actually very simple but people are overthinking it. Also now that there is a official trackmap you should be aware of the numbers of the turns.

Just my 2cents..
Srca use the same start procedure as this now.
We have 3 races at once we can’t announce green flag!
We have a start procedure and there is no excuse not to understand it - and yes with a trackmap it might be easier to understand :)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
SR.C License 5
Reaction score
Servers are updated to 1109, we will only switch back if we encounter any issues.

Marc Veit

SRC Season pass
Reaction score
Actually the Game starts only with DX11 for me tested both. When i try to start the Game with DX9 = Crash