What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 1 - Montreal

Allie Ferrie

Reaction score
Devastated to DNF. Game bug + internet troubles for April killed us. Was also pretty annoyed to not be able to avoid a Viper just sitting sideways across the track leading to 683 seconds of damage repair, but surprisingly enough the car was fine after repairs just we were 6 laps down. Would have almost certainly got to the end and grabbed at least a couple of points without internet/rf2 screwing us.

Oh well.

April Carlsvard

Reaction score
Devastated to DNF. Game bug + internet troubles for April killed us. Was also pretty annoyed to not be able to avoid a Viper just sitting sideways across the track leading to 683 seconds of damage repair, but surprisingly enough the car was fine after repairs just we were 6 laps down. Would have almost certainly got to the end and grabbed at least a couple of points without internet/rf2 screwing us.

Oh well.
It was pretty weird to hear that AI was driving our car. I'm still amazed that actually happened, but I think just retiring the instant that happened before it could get too far onto the track was the right choice.

Oh well. On to Road Atlanta for revenge! :D

Niki Djakovic

Reaction score
I haven't seen it - but people need to consider how much happens with an impact at 20 kph with the material of these cars - this is not an old Volvo ;)
Speed difference was only 12kmh. I understand your pov, but there's nothing realistic in nose to rear diffusion contact causing a rear wing thats mounted a good half meter above the impact place to fall off of the car.

Nico Barclay

Reaction score
´Congrats Bernd and the Broadcast team really good stuff on par with Vec if u ask me! Seems the racing kept clean until a wave of code 80´s but is to be expected to such a track. We had fun but could have been so much better, congrats to Simtech on the win and Vires on the comeback.
just a couple of pix i did as therapy for the race we had. cheers

upload_2016-11-19_17-31-19.jpeg
upload_2016-11-19_17-31-39.jpeg
upload_2016-11-19_17-31-57.jpeg
upload_2016-11-19_17-32-7.jpeg
upload_2016-11-19_17-32-38.jpeg

Roy Schroten

Reaction score
Sorry to the P2 car that was caught in my lag spike. I have no clue where it came from as internet was fine all race... :(

Shawn Jacobs

Reaction score
Yeah it was looking alright for the first hour and a bit, real shame about the viper that spun and then just rolled backwards straight onto the track, might have been able to avoid it but unfortunately another p2 dove down the inside so when I went to pull left I got sandwiched between them both. 400 seconds later the race was screwed, then poor Oli copped issues due to other cars having lag spikes, (that one with the flying cars and front clip free spinning in the air was pretty crazy though lol)

Definitely agree, onto road Atlanta!!!

Top notch field by the way, almost everyone I saw drove to a really great standard, and great job to Bernd, Jimmi and the broadcast team!

Tom Knoll

Reaction score
I want to apologize to Sikania Endurance Motorsport (car 120 LM-P2) for my stupid move in lap 66 !! Sorry Alessandro Peretti, i hit you badly... :-(
overall it was a 4h Practise for our Team,over 1200sec of repair is much too much.anyway ,thanks to all the participants for this great first Race.We looking forward to the next race.

Last edited:

Fabio Cangioli

Reaction score
Congrats to the winners and many thanks to the live broadcast team and admins, brilliant job! :cool:

Our race was good in the first hour, we were fighting for the podium but then Nicola lost 6 minutes for repairing (P2 car closed him to the wall), we restarted in 13th position and we climbed to 5th place when Johnnj's internet connection became a bit unstable with an high ping, we made a driverswap but when I was starting to push I spun on the last chicane and with a bad manouvre I lost my rear wing touching the wall...it happened just before the big crash for the last Code-80. The final battle for 7-8 place with Petr Varmuzka was quite epic, in the last lap I tried in Ricciardo's style but I was not confident on that chicane after my previous mistake :D

Bad luck for our P2 car, we still don't know if it was an internet lag or a small game freeze. Sorry for all cars involved.

Andrea Crespi

Reaction score
hi guys, was a real fun yesterday for me and my team mates, perfect organization, great livestream (the leading voice is crazy good); unfortunely Mazzetti was pushed to the wall in the first laps and from that point almost a disaster for us, Marco in the last weeks has great ping problems; then i drove my stint and car was ok but I experimented great problems in the behaviour of many gt drivers, almost no one gives space in the right way and expecially in t1 was horrible to stay near them. Some p2 drivers were in a very strange mood too....i don't know what's the way to think at the races for some pilots..i was faster then some p2 in front of me and i had to pass them not in a direct battle but only to dislap myself and they resist and close spaces as in a final lap for the first place. I really hope that admins take a look at this for next races

see you in Road Atlanta

Tony Mella

Reaction score
I apologize to the GT i closed the door on after my pit exit, i don't know what i did there, that was insanely stupid from me...

Tomas Beha

Epic Member
Reaction score
I was faster then some p2 in front of me and i had to pass them not in a direct battle but only to dislap myself and they resist and close spaces as in a final lap for the first place. I really hope that admins take a look at this for next races
Well, even though it's not a direct battle for position, it still is - don't see how admins or rules could do anything about this. Often it's a waste of time and tires for both drivers though, so it doesn't make much sense to keep defending against a car which is a lap or more down.

Andrea Crespi

Reaction score
If there is any specific incidents you want to have reviewed post an IRR.
Neither Bernd or myself will review 4 hours of replay.
obviously i am not asking you to see hours of race and neither my stint entirely, unfortunely i don't have the replay, the worst episode fro me was in the exit of last hairpin (before the longer straight), a gt driver closed me to the right and i crash and lost all the front and had to pit to repair

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
obviously i am not asking you to see hours of race and neither my stint entirely, unfortunely i don't have the replay, the worst episode fro me was in the exit of last hairpin (before the longer straight), a gt driver closed me to the right and i crash and lost all the front and had to pit to repair
The replay is posted for download in the download area (see top menu).

Riccardo Alitta

Reaction score
I am really sorry for the drivers behind me I think one was Barbosa

I had a terrible lag, never never happen before with rF2 or rF or any other simulator practically I had the car of the driver behind me inside my car!!
Then I saw the sky and I was flying across the track
Is there something that can be done?

I had smaller but similar problem during practice laps sometimes but nothing so big

Luke Walsh

Reaction score
´Congrats Bernd and the Broadcast team really good stuff on par with Vec if u ask me! Seems the racing kept clean until a wave of code 80´s but is to be expected to such a track. We had fun but could have been so much better, congrats to Simtech on the win and Vires on the comeback.
just a couple of pix i did as therapy for the race we had. cheers

View attachment 3109
Thanks for the picture Nico, new team header photo on Facebook :D

As for the race, well it panned out exactly as we planned before it started. We knew this particular race was going going to be one of attrition with such a small speed differential between classes, new teams joining the fray and the characteristics of the track so we sat back and waited for others to fall into trouble, took the places we were given, kept our noses clean and then Maciej just cruised the car home taking no risks at all. We were planning on the gap being around ~5 seconds at the finish but I believe P2 ran into trouble with trying to get past another battle for position, congrats on the recovery to P2 after your issues though.

I had some VERY close calls with some...questionable driving. I'm sure other P2 drivers will agree with me when I say: GT drivers, PLEASE either stick to your line or make it known well in advance the line you wish to take! I know you think you're helping by trying to get out of the way but we'll find a way through if you just stay predictable!

Onto the next one!

Craig Woollard

Reaction score
This was my very first race in SRC and wow, that really was an eye-opener. It was also my first race with both that many vehicles and so many different cars in different classes. That was a lot of fun though, and I had to really keep concentration. Our objective, because we were so far off the pace was simply to bring it home unschathed, and remarkably, we did. In sixth. Somehow.

Bell started, and recovered to sixth after an early spin before handing it to me. I then overcame a stop/go (track limits, the last one seemed a bit harsh but I haven't reviewed it), two spins at the first corner and about five Code 80s to finish my stint in sixth, before handing it to Wallis. Wallis somehow avoided the chaos on the front straight to hand it over to Price-Harper, in sixth. JPH would then make his way to fifth before being unable to pass a car dawdling well off the pace on the last lap, which cost him a position.

Hopefully we will be a bit more competitive at Road Atlanta, because our pace was pretty diabolical.

All in all though, we thoroughly enjoyed it, myself especially as it was my first race here and at this standard of competition.