What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 1 - Montreal

This could be anything - theres nothing to do but to try different things in game.
If he dosent see any cars on track nor garage, it sounds like some issues a few drivers had in the past, cant really remember what the fix was.
I would clear all shaders
Clean up your "UserData/log/CBash" and "UserData/log/shader" folder
And then try again
Thanks for the info Jimmi. We will keep trying different things (including your suggestion). It seems to be intermittent at the moment so our strategy is to have him join and re-join as driver until he is able to spectate other cars. Once that is the case, he will stay on and do quali and race start and we at least know we can do one driver swap from there, and finish the race ;)

Tomas Beha

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Is there a problem with yellow flags? I was practicing tonight and I've never seen it. Blue flags were ok...
Well, yellow flags are not that easily triggered when using our custom anti-cut detection - can't get it all :)

Borja Millan

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Just to add to Gerrit's question...

When he joins the server as a driver (spectate = no under network settings), and he selects any of the listed drivers under "Standings", it does not show that car in the preview window on the left. The camera is simply fixed to the pitlane (empty garage). This is indeed while the drivers he selects are in fact out on track.

This is an SOS from our team, since this behaviour prevents us from doing driver swaps :(. Same thing happens when he joins as a driver or spectator. When he's a spectator, the current driver does see his name in the LCD, but when the driver pits, and the spectating driver get's control, he is "in his own car" that leaves from the garage, instead of the pit lane.

If anyone has encountered this, and has a solution, please let us know.
It happens to me so often. I restart my computer when it happens and it gets fixed.

David Beranek

VEC Division 2
SRC Season pass
Thanks for the info Jimmi. We will keep trying different things (including your suggestion). It seems to be intermittent at the moment so our strategy is to have him join and re-join as driver until he is able to spectate other cars. Once that is the case, he will stay on and do quali and race start and we at least know we can do one driver swap from there, and finish the race ;)
Unfortunately there is not really a fix for this, it happens to me and to some of my friend as well, I hadn't problem with it since May, but by September it's happening more often again. No idea why it's happening but only thing you can do is to load the game again and delete shaders

Tomas Beha

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Just to add to Gerrit's question...

When he joins the server as a driver (spectate = no under network settings), and he selects any of the listed drivers under "Standings", it does not show that car in the preview window on the left. The camera is simply fixed to the pitlane (empty garage). This is indeed while the drivers he selects are in fact out on track.

This is an SOS from our team, since this behaviour prevents us from doing driver swaps :(. Same thing happens when he joins as a driver or spectator. When he's a spectator, the current driver does see his name in the LCD, but when the driver pits, and the spectating driver get's control, he is "in his own car" that leaves from the garage, instead of the pit lane.

If anyone has encountered this, and has a solution, please let us know.
This issue has to do with your ISP, don't remember the specifics.

Edit: READ MORE

David and Thomas, thanks for the info. ISP could be an issue in this case, something we will investigate.

Current status: We found that if you try enough times (between one and 5 times), as well as clear the shaders folder, it eventually works. We've also had a period a bit earlier where it worked 5 times in a row, first time. Therefore, we will have the spectator connect as soon as we reach the 10 min window, and that should give enough time for a success. At least it's very quick to see if it worked or not so that one can re-connect. We should be fine for this race then.

To everyone that chipped in, thank you so much, you are awesome.

Tomas Beha

VLMS
SRC Season pass
Multiple rejoins are NOT a good solution, as the server very much dislike this - as does other drivers. But good luck!

Congratulations to everybody who finished the race, it was truly an eye opening experience.

I want to apologize to Nico Barclay piloting the number 121 LM-P2 car for pushing you of track out of Virage Senna nearing the end of the race, I was going for an overtake on a LM-GT car and didn't realize you were so close to me, sorry man, that was purely my mistake.

Thank you to the organizers for putting together such an exceptional event, this was my first endurance race and it was an awe inspiring experience being able to rub shoulders with the best Sim Racers in the world.

Thank you all.

Niki Djakovic

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Maybe damage model for p2 needs to be looked at. Damage model for the rear end. That touch should not have taken my wing off. It was very costly. 95seconds to be exact.

Maybe damage model for p2 needs to be looked at. Damage model for the rear end. That touch should not have taken my wing off. It was very costly. 95seconds to be exact.
Tell urd - but if they mede with the damage model, we might add this again ;)
I haven't seen it - but people need to consider how much happens with an impact at 20 kph with the material of these cars - this is not an old Volvo ;)

This was my first endurance race and.... wow, It was great!

I'm very thankful to the organisers for the amazing job, everything was perfect.

Some misunderstanding with Protos, but I think it will be better the next race

Radek Sirc

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Big apology to Biagio Milano and crew no. 141 for the contact in T10. I had not realized at that moment how much more effective the brakes of LMP2 are. In combination with your higher grip and your very tight turning it was followed by the collision. It was my braking mistake of course. Sorry once more.

Tomas Beha

VLMS
SRC Season pass
The damage model of the LMP2 is identical to that of the LMP1s, it was just one of those freak accidents.