What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 1 - Indianapolis

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
One suggestion, make sure you understand the basic rules posted. People who messed up should either be kicked or be moved on probation. What a terrible race, im disgusted!

Tom Young

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had a VR failure in the #99 Viper, when coming onto the banking at around 1hr 30. I was blinded at the worst possible time, and hit the wall pretty hard. I still had control of the car, so I tried my best to keep it as far left as possible until I could pull the network cable. At the time It wasn't clear if anyone else was caught up in it, so apologies if anyone was. I've owned the rift for over a year now, and this was the first failure of this sort. I'll be doing some experiments to see if I can find the cause, if I have any more issues with rF2 I'll go back to using a screen and DX9.

I opted to disconnect as it was quick to pull the plug, and I couldn't see anything in the rift. When I rejoined, I had to drive out the pits with the damaged car, around the circuit, and back into the pits in order to repair the car/swap drivers. Of course I kept well out of the way where possible, but I recognise this was a dangerous situation, and apologise for this. Is there anyway I could have handled this situation differently?

The race had been going well for us up until that point, we were on target for a points finish. My teammates @Simon David Scott and @Michael Grossberger put in some solid and safe stints to bring the car home without further dramas. Here's hoping to a trouble free run in Fuji.

Eric Wesstrom

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had a VR failure in the #99 Viper, when coming onto the banking at around 1hr 30. I was blinded at the worst possible time, and hit the wall pretty hard. I still had control of the car, so I tried my best to keep it as far left as possible until I could pull the network cable. At the time It wasn't clear if anyone else was caught up in it, so apologies if anyone was. I've owned the rift for over a year now, and this was the first failure of this sort. I'll be doing some experiments to see if I can find the cause, if I have any more issues with rF2 I'll go back to using a screen and DX9.
I've had VR disappear on me a few times with the Vive, I'd recommend checking the Lighthouse (tracking) to see that it's working correctly. If the lighthouse is moving at all, you will have problems. Don't know if this is a Rift problem though.

I mounted the lighthouse on my rig first and it cut out instantly if I hit a bump. Then put it on a tripod, standing on the floor and worked fine for a while. Then got black screens if I flatspotted the tyres, so now it's standing on a box with rubber insulators :p

Using DX9 in RF2 since the rest of the team is using it, but this will be important once DX11 becomes standard, because if I can use VR, I will.

Paolo Pennimpede

Reaction score
I can't find any results anywhere. In schedule, Indianapolis is disappeared; in standings I can see only points assigned. In this forum there is no results and also in this thread, on first page I can't see any results.

@Riccardo Alitta. I can undestand you, my surname is difficult also for italians. :giggle:

Niclas Porbadnik

Addicted Member
Reaction score
when you click on any race at vlms/schedule/results you get to a drop down menü where you can choose the first race ;)

cheers

Alessio Ricci

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how did my car look on track to everyone? When I was getting close to some cars I was occasionally seeing some gittering of cars, need to figure out if it's internet/gpu/CPU related.
Shawn every time i saw you on mirrors it was a nailbiting moment... It seems an issue with your car, but also with the other SpeedyMite P2. You were flashing and moving in a strange way.
We had many contacts... Very very strange..

James Price-Harper

Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointing in myself for what was my first stint since Imola last season. @April Carlsvard did a stunning job to get us into contention for the podium and it was amazing that we totally punched above our weight in terms of the result. A podium was just a pipe dream for the season. I've massively let down our car though for the next race with at least one Code 80 violation from me looking at cars ahead and behind me rather than focusing on what I was doing and almost certainly another where I accidentally pressed my pit speed limiter rather than my microphone button. I thought I was above making ridiculous errors but clearly not.

Nico Barclay

Reaction score
OH! what a race always fun to spend the saturdays at SRC ;) no matter what
Congrats to the broadcast team and race directors (2 of them :p :p ) , the quality of the overalays at the beggining and the standings is lovely looks so pro, tho i would have liked some nice unbiased commentary from some of the commentators :/ Neil was great tho :p

For us in the gt well that was a collective fukup at the start no one would take the start at corner 11 and well i got destroyed once again (like lemans in vec :p )
fortunatelly me and Arwin climbed from 2 laps down to p5 but a connection lost would set us back to p7 wich wasnt too bad seeing Leone´s didnt score (wich is too bad they deserved celebrate a strong race win :/ )

anywho i share these vids of what i had witnessed XD heres to u, cya in fuji

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Mhh "intuitive" and "easy" to find.:rolleyes:

Thank you.:thumbsup: (y)
Good feedback.
But if you go to the forum less than 10 minutes after the race you see this post:

Replay is posted in the download section, and results are posted on the frontpage (VLMS > Schedule > then pick a race and click race results)
So “easy” to help those who won’t read a thread ;)

Jon Uyan

Reaction score
#48 SimHQ Motorsports LM-P2
Drivers: Brian v. Beusekom & Jordy Zwiers
Reserve Drivers: Greg Hall & Jon Uyan
Team manager: Greg Hall
Pit Wall: Jon Uyan

Excellent result from our young drivers in their first ever SRC/VLMS race, taking the podium with a respectable pace. They were hoping for top 10 and (knowing my drivers) I was hoping for top 5. Sure enough they showed the maturity, patience and consistency to stay away from trouble and kept climbing from P15 to P3. I worked very hard for this setup, the track layout had some challenging corners and an extra long straight which threw a curved ball for sure. During the race and at the end I was happy to see it worked to full satisfaction of the drivers.

We did have few contacts with other LMPs and had to endure most of the race with an off-centered steering wheel, but GT traffic was very clean and trouble free for us, so we thank all the GT drivers for their heads up driving.

Having almost 5 hrs in pit wall duty with Greg, I had not have a chance to listen commentary but watching the livestream vid today I can see broadcast team (and the camera man :)) did a very good job, like the new camera angles. We appreciate the importance of having live steward and race control during the race and once again Bernd's work was top notch. Big thanks go also to Jimmy and all the SRC admins/stewards who got involved with VLMS, Thank you everyone.

Here are few words from our drivers:
Brian: " Really unexpected result for us in the #48 SimHQ car.
I qualified the car in 15th and wasn't expecting much more than maybe a top 10 finish. But our strategy was not to go as fast as we could, but to handle traffic as well as we could. And that paid off. While I was in the car I didn't have any issues with the GT's. At least not from my point of view, and I hope the other way around is the same.
I handed the car over to my teammate Jordy in 11th, and after his great stints I got back in the car in 6th. Now I'm not sure what happened during that last 60 minutes, but somehow I went from 6th to 3rd and managed to keep it there."

Jordy: "Well, where to start really... Brian started qualifying with a P15, I though it was a decent place, but he himself described his qually lap as 'terrible', I was stil happy with the position as this was our debut race. I was doing practice laps on the second server trying to get into the zone. The green flag dropped & we got a clean start, no positions lost or gained. Slowly but surely we gained some positions, and once I got into the car I almost lost it at the final kink as I had cold tires, but managed to straighten it up again and kept going. Then after some laps I settled and started to post some better laptimes. Then I caught up with a group of 2 cars for the points paying position, this was a fierce battle, but I had to be careful as the car in front of me had an high ping and was lagging a little bit. Their car was fast in a straight line, so I couldnt do much on the straights, but on one lap I got real close through the final kink and pretty much stayed right on his bumper, going around the outside of turn 1 (seen here: /watch?v=ExYedFI0SdE&feature=youtu.be&t=1h31s), but a little later on that lap I was catching the second car of the group for points, I got a great run on the back straight, but on the apex we made contact (not sure if he outbroke himself or I turned in too early), but lost the position to the car I just overtook in t1, so I had to start all over again. Then a code 80 came (not a rare occasion this race....) and the restart happened on the backstraight. The car in front of me was caught napping as I had a great restart and send it down the inside for the slow section, with him having the inside for the first hairpin, me having the inside for the second hairpin, and cleared him on the exit. Then after 1-2 laps I agian send it down the outside in turn 1, this time for P10 and made it work once again. Then some more overtakes which I cant really remember, but really happy with my performance. I cant really remember much of the rest of the stint, did some more overtakes, but once going into the pits, a perfectly timed code 80 (again, for the 842989382th time this race..) appeared just as I wanted to pit and do a driver swap, so Brian could do the final two stints of the race. At this point of time, we were in p6, which was already way above our expectation as this was our debut race, and since we qualified 15th.... we were aiming for a top 10 finish. But Brian did an phenomenal job to take the car to the podium. I was really happy with my two stints, considering I had surgery just a day before this race, first I was really disappointed as I was expecting to miss the race, but I pulled through and raced, and raced as hard as I could. What a turn over compared to the academy, when things werent going so well. I want to thank SRC for organizing this race, it was my best league race ever, I had a lot of fun. Also big shout out to Greg and Jon, amazing engineering work, kept me up to date the whole race with crucial information
And ofcourse Brian that drove really well. See you at Fuji!"

Last edited:

Arwin Taruna

Reaction score
Nico already summed up all on post above.

gutted because in the last 30 min i have DC, dropping down again after strong recovery. but thats not the only problem. somehow i couldnt re-enter teamspeak. so i missed out about 2 seconds on one of the code 80 ( i werent for the dragon fanatec car in front i wouldnt know it), i decided to have nico to told me from discord if we were going to have another code 80.

after the race was over, i tried again and again to join the TS, but no luck. pretty peculiar...

Paolo Pennimpede

Reaction score
Good feedback.
But if you go to the forum less than 10 minutes after the race you see this post:

So “easy” to help those who won’t read a thread ;)
Lol I started reading the thread from my teammate Andrea Martino post, the one just after yours...
:D

The problem is that I should be able to find it without help. Is a fact that you have to write where to find the results.
I searched this info in the frist 2/3 post of this thread, It's hard to think that I should find this help on page 4 ;)

Last edited:

Joao Brito

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not much to add to what people have said already, regarding track behaviour of course... Sincerelly, didn´t saw not much of a difference to what happened last season, we were on GT last season (meaning I was, Carlos was in P2...) and we many times suffered with crazy moves when P2 were lapping us, so i tried to be as patient as possible when lapping and unlapping myself from GTs, however i can say that the fault is not all on the P2, some GTs have no respect whatsoever regarding blue flags nor when a clearly faster car is getting close, and this is all about knowing how to be in a track with different classes, and it's about practice, is about knowing where is the best place to overtake or to give position. But, hope it will be better in Fuji.

Regarding our race, we had some bad luck... Carlos was doing great, on our pace and strategy and got a "freeze" went to the wall all alone and we got 18 min repair...end of race for us... Just got back in and went the distance.

It was a good trainning with the car, we got to know the drivers, and regroup to next race.

On a support advice to ADMIN, if you guys think the best way to keep the field "well behaving" is to get hard on the penalties, on the probations, on the race bans, on personnal experience it the best way to get the result wished.

See you guys on track, server is on!!!

Craig Woollard

Reaction score
I'm now watching back parts of the race.

Wow. That is all I will say.

(And well done Realish GT, that's mega)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
On a support advice to ADMIN, if you guys think the best way to keep the field "well behaving" is to get hard on the penalties, on the probations, on the race bans, on personnal experience it the best way to get the result wished.
Oh i think we are pretty harsch already - you should know since you raced here before ;)