What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Round 1 - Indianapolis

Tony Mella

Reaction score
Awesome drive up until the game crash Tony (and I assume afterwards, I went to bed lol) you were doing freaken brilliant so it definitely sucked to see you get a disconnect. On to Fuji mate and improved luck! (Hopefully for us all!!)
Thanks a lot dude ! After the bug i had like the run of my life i attacked like crazy and i actually had a lot of pleasure (especially that move 3 wide at turn 4 aaaaaahhhhhh - special mention to the 2 other drivers that drove very well on that move)
It wasn't even a game crash nor a disconnect, the game just decided that i should be DNF somehow : D

Yeah we'll train as usual for Fuji, not much more we can do right now :(

Borja Millan

Reaction score
My apologies to the Black Hawk Racing #83. I watched the replay and yeah I was too optimistic there, I assume my fault. In my favour I've to say that you didn't took the normal racing line, I was expecting you to brake more to the right :/

Eric Wesstrom

Reaction score
Despite the crash I had, and subsequent "recovery" drive on softs that I never practiced with, I had fun!

Managed to stay with the leaders for a couple of laps, and also got blue flags for Fuhrmann behind me, I apologize for not letting you through quicker, I was in my own fight at the time.

By the time I heard that you was irritated with me, I had let you go.

Also have to apologize to the white Ferrari that I used in the reenactment of Hakkinens Spa manouver, going into T4... That was retarded by me. Just happy that the three of us got through that, and you deserve Kudos for not freaking out!

Let's hope for a non-demolition derby in Fiji next month :)

Tony Mella

Reaction score
Also have to apologize to the white Ferrari that I used in the reenactment of Hakkinens Spa manouver, going into T4... That was retarded by me. Just happy that the three of us got through that, and you deserve Kudos for not freaking out!
Do you think you can make a video of that move ? My pc is pretty sh*tty so mine would be a quite bad quality one...

Brian van Beusekom

Reaction score
Really unexpected result for us in the #48 SimHQ car.
I qualified the car in 15th and wasn't expecting much more than maybe a top 10 finish. But our strategy was not to go as fast as we could, but to handle traffic as well as we could. And that paid off. While I was in the car I didn't have any issues with the GT's. At least not from my point of view, and I hope the other way around is the same.
I handed the car over to my teammate Jordy in 11th, and after his great stints I got back in the car in 6th. Now I'm not sure what happend during that last 60 minutes, but somehow I went from 6th to 3rd and managed to keep it there.

Some P2's definitely were making some (in my opinion) stupid moves. One example is quite early in the race, a P2 divebombed and hit me into T1 while we were stuck behind a GT. I mean, really? Even if you get the position after that stupid move you're still stuck behind the GT for almost the whole first sector, so I didn't see the point of that.
And I've seen many P2's try to overtake in spots where it's simply not possible. Needless to say, almost every time I saw someone try it ended with contact and sometimes a big crash.
Hopefully that will be better in Fuji. See you there :)

Eric Wesstrom

Reaction score
Do you think you can make a video of that move ? My pc is pretty sh*tty so mine would be a quite bad quality one...
No idea how to do that... And no access to my PC until Monday. Perhaps someone else can look into it if you get the timestamp?

It was an Awesome/Stupid/ Oh Jesus Christ moment for sure ^^

Shawn Jacobs

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how did my car look on track to everyone? When I was getting close to some cars I was occasionally seeing some gittering of cars, need to figure out if it's internet/gpu/CPU related.

Tony Mella

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how did my car look on track to everyone? When I was getting close to some cars I was occasionally seeing some gittering of cars, need to figure out if it's internet/gpu/CPU related.
You mean cars blinking back and forth ? I have the same problem sometimes and it started at Estoril last year (where it was clearly horrible).
I formated my pc but didn't really change it...

No idea how to do that... And no access to my PC until Monday. Perhaps someone else can look into it if you get the timestamp?
It was an Awesome/Stupid/ Oh Jesus Christ moment for sure ^^
I'll see if i can do something tomorrow...
Well i let as much space as i could, i didn't think you'd to go on the inside of the GT. Was the best move i've made in ages haaaaahhhhh

Bernd Schmidt

Administrator
Reaction score
Well what a season opener and i'm definitly not happy with it. I know everyone will get the best result and everyone or let me say nearly everyone has had a longer summer break, but that what i've seen today was more a wreck fest than a endurance race. For a really short time, there was a idea to red flag the race, related to that bad behaviour of various drivers, but i hate that and so i decided we'll finish this, but that will have consequences for some drivers, cause i don't wanna see some like that again. If it would be the newcomers which so many failures, i would say, thats shit but they've to learn it, but it was 70% known VEC drivers who caused the incidents and thats unbeliveable for me. Just to make that sure for all VEC drivers, VLMS isn't a sandpit where you can play as you would and hit everyone with your sand forms when you don't like it how they act with your toys or some, you can't come here and show the badest behaviour and test everything which will work or not work and in VEC you'll stay on top and say, hey look at me, i'm the best and coolest driver and by far the safest driver, you're definitly not than. Only when i watch on my paper here and see how many notices are on them to review, well i didnt have had so much in any race last season and thats frustrating to be honest. If i'll see same behaviour at Fuji from the same drivers again, i'll be as harsh as i wasn't and i really hope that isn't needed, cause i know that you guys can make it much better.

At the end of this negative wall of text, i'll also say thanks to all teams, that we've had this great and massive grid with 41 cars today and "special" thanks to those who made their way through in a normal way ;) I looking forward to the next race, cause i know we can have really great races and close battles on track here, which will be interesting to watch.

Cheers

Jan Studenski

Reaction score
Really unexpected result for us in the #48 SimHQ car.
I qualified the car in 15th and wasn't expecting much more than maybe a top 10 finish. But our strategy was not to go as fast as we could, but to handle traffic as well as we could. And that paid off. While I was in the car I didn't have any issues with the GT's. At least not from my point of view, and I hope the other way around is the same.
I handed the car over to my teammate Jordy in 11th, and after his great stints I got back in the car in 6th. Now I'm not sure what happend during that last 60 minutes, but somehow I went from 6th to 3rd and managed to keep it there.
That's when you are consistent and keeping out of any trouble :) +12 positions is awesome
Congratulations on your podium

@Jimmi Allison Question about the penalties that were given during the race, is there a list somewhere, so people are not double penalized / reported?

Last edited:

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
That's when you are consistent and keeping out of any trouble :) +12 positions is awesome
Congratulations on your podium

@Jimmi Allison Question about the penalties that were given during the race, is there a list somewhere, so people are not double penalized / reported?
I assume Bernd has it and it will be posted for the stewards so it can be included in the irr report.
Relax people we have done this for some years - I think we know what we are doing. And worst case is if one slips, we can edit it.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
I assume Bernd has it and it will be posted for the stewards so it can be included in the irr report.
Relax people we have done this for some years - I think we know what we are doing. And worst case is if one slips, we can edit it.
oh and...you can see the penalties in the results as well ;) click incidents and chat :)

Jan Studenski

Reaction score
oh and...you can see the penalties in the results as well ;) click incidents and chat :)
Just realized that :) it is just not written for what ...
Still this tool is really great, so much useful information

Stream was btw great :) Watched the whole 4h

Time Driver Message
449.1 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Corrado Ciriello
911.2 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Ales Pleva
1064.7 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Matej Surhanak
1239.5 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Matej Surhanak
1369.1 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Shane Burke
1987.2 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Thomas Hinss
3279.7 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Lee Russell
3312.8 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Daniele Pizzo
7144.2 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Standa Sehnal
9851.9 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Andrea Peverati
10499.7 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Linus Lundvall
12981.0 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Olivier Fortin
13219.2 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Olivier Fortin

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Just realized that :) it is just not written for what ...
Still this tool is really great, so much useful information

Stream was btw great :) Watched the whole 4h

Time Driver Message
449.1 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Corrado Ciriello
911.2 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Ales Pleva
1064.7 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Matej Surhanak
1239.5 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Matej Surhanak
1369.1 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Shane Burke
1987.2 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Thomas Hinss
3279.7 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Lee Russell
3312.8 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Daniele Pizzo
7144.2 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Standa Sehnal
9851.9 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Andrea Peverati
10499.7 Stop/Go penalty assigned by live steward to Linus Lundvall
12981.0 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Olivier Fortin
13219.2 Drive Thru penalty assigned by live steward to Olivier Fortin
Thank you - we do our best to make it as good as possible.

Lorenzo Tortella

Reaction score
Hello guys,
i totally agree with message of Bernd, my race has been conditioned after 10 seconds from the start, maybe someone not read the rules or not listen the Teamspeak, too much people was confused in the start but the only thing to do is leave the pit limiter in turn 11, instead someone continue with pit limiter, someone pass and the disaster is arrived early.
For all the race i have seen a completely different behavior of what i've seen here and that i like, i had to adjust my behavior with p2 cars because theirs it was not adequate at least for the rules , the majority have pass where is really dangerous and sometimes kicking off the track the GT's.

But this is only the first race and i hope we can do really better for the rest of the championship, too much thanks for the great organization as always.

See you in Fuji! :)

Andrea Crespi

Reaction score
so happy for the beginning of season 2, level is so impressive and high (first 15 pilots just in a second), i had problems in qualy and maybe low wings was not the better choice for a fast lap but anyway, in race things were better as i knew, my pace was decent and Riva's too. Bad moment in start because i don't know why i had no whisper of green flag and i lost many seconds there. Things between lapping gt cars are so complicated especially in slow corners and i apologize for my behaviour in practice with Tortella and other guys, during practice days i never been close to a gt so i had to learn again how to pass but my opinon is the same of last season, p2 drivers have to be respectful but i see a lot of gt guys giving not the right space to pass many times, i hope we met in a medium point of this for next races. About results, if i click on schedule and on calendar too i don't see indianapolis race, why?

Riccardo Alitta

Reaction score
Nothing much to say about our race
Only the start I was last of the P2 and looking at the other cars in front to see when they release the limiter, and suddenly saw two GT passing fast...
Sorry, did not really understand where turn 11 finish and seems other as well.
The rest of the race was to keep the car running, limiting mistakes and avoiding to be hit by other cars, which has been hard. Also hitting others.
A mistake during a lapping, I put the tire on the grass and on the wall I went, 144 seconds of damages. Another one somebody hit us behind with 155 seconds of damages
But our pace was far far from the others, we have to improve something for the next race.
Thanks to all those GT drivers that behave really nice, specially Texas Drivers where very correct.
All my best congratulations to the winners, showing once more who is the Boss :) Well Done guys

One suggestion, VEC drivers should carry some kilos ( 100 :) ) of ballast to give at least a chance to the others, hahahah

Congratulations to the Admins that as usual doing a great job to run this series. Well Done to you guys

One thing.... Tell the TV commentators that my name is NOT Attila, but Alitta :) thanks