What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Relative timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Ortuno

Reaction score
Hi guys! Anyone knows if there is some relative timing plugin (iRacing style) that can be used currently in rFactor 2? Thanks!

I use SQHM and I think it is the best option right now, but I wanted to know if there is anything similar to that relative black box of iRacing that helps a lot in multiclass racing.

Okay, you can press the LCD menu until you find the drivers around you, and use Relative, instead of split times.
I'm not sure it works exactly the same way as iRacing, But I've surely never had any use for it.

I had a HUD called V-HUD that had that. It needed to be updated and I don´t know if it has been updated yet.

One possible option for this is to use the SimHub Dashboard. You can create the dashboard yourself and there are properties available to get the drivers in front and behind of you. But I'm not quite sure if it's possible to use it as an overlay.

One possible option for this is to use the SimHub Dashboard. You can create the dashboard yourself and there are properties available to get the drivers in front and behind of you. But I'm not quite sure if it's possible to use it as an overlay.
Yes, that's my doubt too with the Simhub. If anyone knows that for sure would be great if they let us know :)

Yes, that's my doubt too with the Simhub. If anyone knows that for sure would be great if they let us know :)

I've tested it, and indeed there is a Relative timing plugin!

In Overlays, there should be an iRacing overlay. If you edit that one, in the top menu, there should be Widgets. So I created this overlay as seen in the screenshot by duplicating the iRacing overlay and just use the Widget (it's named Relative 1, not Relative).

With some finetuning and styling, it could be very useful to use in the races.

MFXaZOT.jpg

I've tested it, and indeed there is a Relative timing plugin!

In Overlays, there should be an iRacing overlay. If you edit that one, in the top menu, there should be Widgets. So I created this overlay as seen in the screenshot by duplicating the iRacing overlay and just use the Widget (it's named Relative 1, not Relative).

With some finetuning and styling, it could be very useful to use in the races.

MFXaZOT.jpg
Wow man, that's awesome! i will test it, thanks very much :)

Ok guys, so I've created this...

OBU1jQd.png

If it's a lapped race, you'll see the countdown at the bottom and the Time left won't be shown. There's just one more thing that bothers me a bit, the fact that I can't seem to check if the cars in front or behind are on the same lap as me. In the iRacing plugin, it seems very handy to have a visual indication if the cars are on the same lap. I've submitted a question in the support topic from SimHub Dashboard.

You can download the Overlay plugin here

And please, if you guys enjoy and use SimHub Dashboard, maybe consider a donation. I'm in no way affiliated with the software, but just as this community, the responsible person spends a lot of his free time to create this amazing tool for us.

Cheers!

EDIT: I've used Ropa Sans as the font for it. If you want to use it, I've just downloaded it here from Google Fonts.

Last edited:
Ok guys, so I've created this...

If it's a lapped race, you'll see the countdown at the bottom and the Time left won't be shown. There's just one more thing that bothers me a bit, the fact that I can't seem to check if the cars in front or behind are on the same lap as me. In the iRacing plugin, it seems very handy to have a visual indication if the cars are on the same lap. I've submitted a question in the support topic from SimHub Dashboard.

You can download the Overlay plugin here

And please, if you guys enjoy and use SimHub Dashboard, maybe consider a donation. I'm in no way affiliated with the software, but just as this community, the responsible person spends a lot of his free time to create this amazing tool for us.

Cheers!

EDIT: I've used Ropa Sans as the font for it. If you want to use it, I've just downloaded it here from Google Fonts.

I've test it, it's a brilliant work. I will give a lot of use to it, thank you very much man. The only thing that I miss is the blue color for lapped cars and the red color, with that it would be just perfect. Again, thanks! :)

I've test it, it's a brilliant work. I will give a lot of use to it, thank you very much man. The only thing that I miss is the blue color for lapped cars and the red color, with that it would be just perfect. Again, thanks! :)

No problem, glad I could help. I really hope that it’s possible. I’m waiting for the creator to reply to my question and I’ll let you know wether it’s possible or not.

[QUOTE = "Pieter-Jan Claeysens, message: 65645, membre: 4113"]
Pas de problème, content de pouvoir vous aider. J'espère vraiment que c'est possible. J'attends que le créateur réponde à ma question et je vous ferai savoir si c'est possible ou non.
[/CITATION]
Hello, the file is no longer available on dropbox, where can I find it please ?

Try using this one, works perfectly for vec

Status
Not open for further replies.