What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Regarding Ping

Won Wei Kit

Reaction score
Hello all of SRC, nice to meet everyone.

I am new here and I like to start with SRCA Season 10, but I need to ask this before I join anything: I am from Malaysia, and from SRC's non-forum site I know that the servers are in Germany, this means I will have high ping if I do choose to join the races.
So I just want to ask, is there any ping limit to race?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all of SRC, nice to meet everyone.

I am new here and I like to start with SRCA Season 10, but I need to ask this before I join anything: I am from Malaysia, and from SRC's non-forum site I know that the servers are in Germany, this means I will have high ping if I do choose to join the races.
So I just want to ask, is there any ping limit to race?

Thanks in advance.
Yes it is actually posted in the rules.
However the ping you might see on your end is from you to the server and back to you. Most will have a decent ping, and we even have guys running smoothly from Australia. So unless you are warping around i dont see any reason why you cant race.
I´d suggest you sign up to SRCA (when it opens) and test out the servers when you have access to them.
Start off by going here: http://beta.speedtest.net/ then choose Dusseldorf as a test, then you can roughly see the ping to the server.

However SRCA´s server is hosted in Paris :)

Yes it is actually posted in the rules.
However the ping you might see on your end is from you to the server and back to you. Most will have a decent ping, and we even have guys running smoothly from Australia. So unless you are warping around i dont see any reason why you cant race.
I´d suggest you sign up to SRCA (when it opens) and test out the servers when you have access to them.
Start off by going here: http://beta.speedtest.net/ then choose Dusseldorf as a test, then you can roughly see the ping to the server.

However SRCA´s server is hosted in Paris :)

Thanks for clarifying! I am sorry to get you to repeat this from the rules here, I didn't find it when I was looking for it myself. 200 Ping for Paris and 280 for Dusseldorf. Seems really high :notworthy:. I hope I wont be warping around when I try it out, would be a real shame.

Thanks for clarifying! I am sorry to get you to repeat this from the rules here, I didn't find it when I was looking for it myself. 200 Ping for Paris and 280 for Dusseldorf. Seems really high :notworthy:. I hope I wont be warping around when I try it out, would be a real shame.
https://simracing.club > SRCA > Rules :)
Lets see when you sign up, but yeah that sounds a bit high.